Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I think this is a sensible solution, it keeps everyone happy.

Not the old allocation but an increase to keep the away support happy and both away supports now positioned in the same part of the 2 stadiums.

Only disappointment is ST holders getting shafted out of OF games which we were consistently told wouldnt happen with the euro allocation.

Maybe we just use the natural ST turnover to move them elsewhere and sell that area with only 1 OF game included like they used to.

Don't see why it should automatically be the Broomloan ST holders who miss out.

Should be shared round every season ticket holder on a rolling basis
Should be an option on ST renewals to tick the old firm box or not.

Plenty I know don’t bring their young kids on old firm day and would use that option.

Seems like I’m in the minority here.

Back to them having prime position where as we do not get it replicated.

Back to them wrecking our stadium regardless of the result.

Back to season ticket holders getting moved or not even getting tickets to accommodate Celtic fans.

Don’t see any positives

At the end of the day, the manager and players have wanted more of us at the away game. They feel it helps them and that’s what we need to do as supporters.

Those unhappy with this, why are you going against what the manager and player want?
Because I will possibly no longer be able to attend these games at our stadium, but more of their fans will?

Obviously your not impacted by this!

Everyone saying its great news clearly isn't a ST holder in the Broomloan areas that are going to be affected.

Not to worry, as long as people get to go along to their hellhole though :rolleyes:

Whats the point in being a football fan if you cant give your team a proper backing in what is without question our toughest away venue?

And I say that as someone who hasnt been to the piggery since 2010 and is highly unlikely to go back.

Its nothing to do with "being selfish" "wanting to give that mob money" or any of the other emotive stuff you get on here.

At the end of the day, the manager and players have wanted more of us at the away game. They feel it helps them and that’s what we need to do as supporters.

Those unhappy with this, why are you going against what the manager and player want?
Because there's a chance I won't get a ticket for the matches.

5% is a reasonable compromise.

Personally I would have kept it the way it is but at the same time it lets some bears go there and cheer our team on next season.

I would like to see action taken if there’s any fucking around from their end on this agreement. We know what they are like when it comes to the dark arts, but so long as it’s all safe and sound then there’s no reason for away fans not to be allowed in.

A net being installed to keep them penned in is also good.

Back to season ticket holders getting moved or not even getting tickets to accommodate Celtic fans.

Don’t see any positives
An away support at Parkhead?

Everyone saying its great news clearly isn't a ST holder in the Broomloan areas that are going to be affected.

Not to worry, as long as people get to go along to their hellhole though :rolleyes:

There is a strange phenomenon amongst some of our fans that they are desperate for Celtc fans to be let in to Ibrox and they, themselves, are desperate to attend The Piggery!

Don’t see any positives
Why are you focusing on off-field things?

When this agreement allows us to have more supporters supporting our team in our biggest away fixture?

That’s the most important thing.

Whats the point in being a football fan if you cant give your team a proper backing in what is without question our toughest away venue?

And I say that as someone who hasnt been to the piggery since 2010 and is highly unlikely to go back.

Its nothing to do with "being selfish" "wanting to give that mob money" or any of the other emotive stuff you get on here.
Are you going to have your ST without the game against them at Ibrox from next season?

They will move to the spaces freed up by non renewals and new ST sales will be in that area with only 1 OF game as there should be space to accommodate 50% elsewhere.

That's how ST in the Broomloan used to work.

Don’t see any positives
My opinion too

The corner would have been more than enough

Don’t see any positives
A decent backing for our team at their place

Because I will possibly no longer be able to attend these games at our stadium, but more of their fans will?

Obviously your not impacted by this!

You will get a ticket in another section of the ground and will also get a communication soon about a permanent seat transfer.

So what we thinking on how this will be balloted? Will the goal posts be moved when it comes to Rangers deciding who gets tickets for it next season?

Top down?
Ballot gold only?
Or as it is... separate Cat A ballot among all tiers?
The way things are going Parkhead will be our biggest Cat A allocation.

Absolutely no way they'll give us more thane give them, imo. Would not surprise me in the least if they read "around 5%" to be between about 3% and 4%. Don't trust them half an inch to play fair. Scum!
Don't think that's the case at all.

Suppose those who greet about not getting a ticket for the piggery will be happy now as already seen on this thread, this an embarrassing climb down imo and designed to keep them happy

Also heard corporates and sponsors for both clubs were livid about the pettiness from both clubs. Euro allocations were inevitably going to happen at one point

Wonder how the people who told us Euro allocations would never happen under any circumstances feel :D

Great news for the away support and the fixture in general.

Now for the hassle to work out how we dish the tickets out.

With 3639 in gold and an allocation of around 3000. You would like to think the club will box this off for gold. Which means out of the 2 Parkhead trips then everyone in gold is guaranted the chance of a ticket for atleast 1 of the games.

Back