Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
At the end of the day, the manager and players have wanted more of us at the away game. They feel it helps them and that’s what we need to do as supporters.

Those unhappy with this, why are you going against what the manager and player want?
They choose not believe the players and manager said it

Seems like I’m in the minority here.

Back to them having prime position where as we do not get it replicated.

Back to them wrecking our stadium regardless of the result.

Back to season ticket holders getting moved or not even getting tickets to accommodate Celtic fans.

Don’t see any positives
I agree but Sky will be happy with all the tricolours on display for the atmosphere :rolleyes:

So what we thinking on how this will be balloted? Will the goal posts be moved when it comes to Rangers deciding who gets tickets for it next season?

Top down?
Ballot gold only?
Or as it is... separate Cat A ballot among all tiers?
The way things are going Parkhead will be our biggest Cat A allocation.
All tiers will be balloted just like it is for hibs and Aberdeen this season

Feel sympathy with rangers ST holders who now potentially miss out on the biggest domestic fixture. 800 in the corner should have been their limit. All to appease a certain group of fans. Just like people being moved in the Copland.

The corner section at the piggery holds 2700. Take away some segregation and that will be our allocation I expect. Not one scum supporter will be affected at their ground. Meanwhile thet will get at least as many tickets for Ibrox with our supporters getting moved to accommodate them and supporters clubs/ MyGers members probably won't get any tickets at all.
And some think it's a great compromise.

At the end of the day, the manager and players have wanted more of us at the away game. They feel it helps them and that’s what we need to do as supporters.

Those unhappy with this, why are you going against what the manager and player want?
Where have they said that? In what context? Were they asked a loaded question?

Great news for the away support and the fixture in general.

Now for the hassle to work out how we dish the tickets out.

With 3639 in gold and an allocation of around 3000. You would like to think the club will box this off for gold. Which means out of the 2 Parkhead trips then everyone in gold is guaranted the chance of a ticket for atleast 1 of the games.
Do you mean do a ballot for both games among gold?

The around 5% figure is £3k tickets - you can guarantee that the segregation area will eat into this around 5% allocation to bring us down to their 2.5k at Ibrox

I never realised this meant some Broomloan season holders won't get in. We can't possibly defend the club if there is a single Rangers season holder told they are no longer seeing the game to allow a Celtic fan in.
Although I always thought 2500 of them would mean all season holders are accommodated, albeit some need to move seat.

We have won without fans in the stadium before.

Why you focusing on that?
Because having fans increases the likelihood of us winning. Our record there has been appalling.

I probably won’t get a ticket for a number of years, definitely wouldn’t have since this nonsense was introduced but I’ve always found it weird that elements of our support focus on ‘them in our stadium’ rather than ‘us supporting our team at their stadium’

That’s before you even consider all the aspects about better atmospheres and so on, which are secondary.

Ah, is the Club spin for the backdown?

ST holders losing out on a game to accommodate Celtic are made to feel guilty…

The around 5% figure is £3k tickets - you can guarantee that the segregation area will eat into this around 5% allocation to bring us down to their 2.5k at Ibrox
There will be large segregation at both grounds.

That’s what I read into the “around 5%”.

According to Stevie at 4 Lads, club will be writing to you soon to give you some options, including a permanent seat move. Anybody with ST’s in the affected section not guaranteed OF games apparently.
That's a fuckin disgrace. Let's hear from.the ones advocating this that no Rangers fan will suffer

Very disappointing, yet again our board have caved in and Ceptic got what they wanted

We are really good at shafting our own supporters
celtic wanted to old allocations, they didn't get that, this is a fair compromise.

I was in the 800 camp for years but lately I've changed my mind and think the euro allocation is the best all round.

That's them got the foot in the door, couple of seasons from now they'll be pushing for 4,5 thousand and our fans still won't be seen on camera!

Great news for the away support and the fixture in general.

Now for the hassle to work out how we dish the tickets out.

With 3639 in gold and an allocation of around 3000. You would like to think the club will box this off for gold. Which means out of the 2 Parkhead trips then everyone in gold is guaranted the chance of a ticket for atleast 1 of the games.
Top down

This is a big victory for the manager, the players but mostly the regular away support.

Buzzing we have some sort of support going there twice a season and you'll be able to hear them, not the p*sh 800 in the corner and can't hear a peep.
Best game of the season going away there! Constant singing for 90 mins by everyone.

Back