Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
So 5% = 2500 for them and 3000 for us.
On one hand , I get the atmosphere argument (I loved the away games)

But Financially , doesn’t make sense for Rangers to not sell those amount of seats for season tickets / have that guaranteed money banked for entire season for the sake of a couple games

I suppose it does tie in well With Union bears moving to the Copland , they can then move along those existing broomloan season ticket holders to the corner.

Because having fans increases the likelihood of us winning. Our record there has been appalling.

I probably won’t get a ticket for a number of years, definitely wouldn’t have since this nonsense was introduced but I’ve always found it weird that elements of our support focus on ‘them in our stadium’ rather than ‘us supporting our team at their stadium’

That’s before you even consider all the aspects about better atmospheres and so on, which are secondary.
Fans in the stadium don’t give us a better chance of winning. The players are the only people that influence the result (and match officials) despite what people on here would like to think

What’s the obsession with our fans being on the TV at there midden ? When we had thousands In the whole terraced end before parkhead was reconstructed you could hardly see us on the TV either because the stands were that far back behind the goal and we still went there and pumped them.

Strongly suspect that the natural barriers at the Paedodome will magically turn out to be at exactly the same number of seats as at Ibrox
I suspect you’ll probably be incorrect as it’ll be the exact same corner they give to clubs in Europe.

Hard to argue how it’s safe for the likes of Ajax/Feyenoord but not Rangers

Its a step in the right direction but I have a feeling we are going to be disadvantaged by the wording of "around" 5%. We should be getting a minimum of 3000 tickets but wait and see them try and claim they have to have extra segregation and reduce that figure right down.

If we give them our usual Euro allocation which is just above 5% (around 2600 tickets) and get anything less then 3k at the piggery in return then it will be a new arrangement again which favours them. The board should have been pushing for a new SPFL rule on all grounds.

Don't see why it should automatically be the Broomloan ST holders who miss out.

Should be shared round every season ticket holder on a rolling basis
If you buy a season ticket in the Broomloan, you take the risk that you get moved seat. It states it in the terms and conditions. To have random season ticket holders in other areas of the stadium miss out when their seat isn't affected is mental.

I'm in BR4, right next to BR3, have never been moved for a European game. Is this likely to affect me?
I wouldn’t think so mate, I’m on the segregation for euro games in bf4 and shouldn’t be affected by this.. hopefully..

The “around 5%” was thrown in to give them legal wiggle room. No way on earth are we getting more away tickets than them.

Rangers fans will get the same or less for the knewcamp with segregation/safety used as an excuse.

Last edited:
Its a step in the right direction but I have a feeling we are going to be disadvantaged by the wording of "around" 5%. We should be getting a minimum of 3000 tickets but wait and see them try and claim they have to have extra segregation and reduce that figure right down.

If we give them our usual Euro allocation which is just above 5% (around 2600 tickets) and get anything less then 3k at the piggery in return then it will be a new arrangement again which favours them. The board should have been pushing for a new SPFL rule on all grounds.
First Old Firm is at Parkhead so if they %^*& us over we can do the same in return.

I read the around 5% as segregation but that may be naive on my part.

Of course.

But our Board have made a big ‘song-and-dance’ about this and have now backed down and given in to Celtic’s demands.

And that’s fine if it doesn’t mean ST holders missing out. If it does, though, then that’s really poor.

They made an arse of it even doing it in the first place.

The leagues hating itself to death over some pyro and songs.

I’d imagine they’ll just be relocated similar to when a euro team comes to town.

The “around 5%” was thrown in to give them legal wiggle room. No way on earth are we getting more away tickets than them.

Rangers fans will get the same or less for the knewcamp with segregation/safety used as an excuse.
Around 5% is being used as logistics means you can never hit 5%.

We will 100% be getting more tickets.

What’s the obsession with our fans being on the TV at there midden ? When we had thousands In the whole terraced end before parkhead was reconstructed you could hardly see us on the TV either because the stands were that far back behind the goal and we still went there and pumped them.
To counter the papish PR machine.

Fans in the stadium don’t give us a better chance of winning. The players are the only people that influence the result (and match officials) despite what people on here would like to think
That really isn’t true.

Fans play a huge part on home players, away players and officials. It’s pretty simple psychology.

But fair enough, you disagree and no issue with that.

Back