Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I do t want them in Ibrox. But it was always gonny happen. So now We can look forward to them jeering, booong, laughing, singing, when we have a minutes silence for the memory of our 66 next January.

If using the broomloan, We need to put them right at the side next to the corner flag, easily done using that while side, away from the goals, not seen in tv coverage. do not give them the edge by being behind our goaly for half the game.
Well said

Its a step in the right direction but I have a feeling we are going to be disadvantaged by the wording of "around" 5%. We should be getting a minimum of 3000 tickets but wait and see them try and claim they have to have extra segregation and reduce that figure right down.

If we give them our usual Euro allocation which is just above 5% (around 2600 tickets) and get anything less then 3k at the piggery in return then it will be a new arrangement again which favours them. The board should have been pushing for a new SPFL rule on all grounds.
5% across the board for scottish football with the home team allowed to give up more if they want and likewise, if the away team don't want 5% - They can come to an agreement to give seats back.

The simple, easy and effective solution.

Where are people getting this "around 5%"?

Our own club's website states they are required to give up 5% to away fans.

Saying that it's not like our club to make typing errors.

Ah, is the Club spin for the backdown?

ST holders losing out on a game to accommodate Celtic are made to feel guilty…

The official statement from Rangers. Unless “alternative seating arrangements” means watching it in their house then I don’t get why you think people won’t be at the game.

At Ibrox, this will affect supporters in sections BF5 and BR5, as well as part of BF4 and BR4 in the Broomloan Stand, as it would for European matches.

Alternative seating arrangements for supporters in these sections for Old Firm derbies have been identified and those affected will be contacted directly by the club.

Rangers statement just says straight up 5%, no 'about 5%'.

Club statements have been proven wrong before. It also mentions “required to give” - that’ll be like this season when Celtic ignored the rules, gave no tickets and suffered no consequences.

I called this on here back in February. I think it was to @govanfront85 IIRC

On the CF people being moved for the singing section thread, I said that people’s ST terms would be changed to allow Celtic to get at least the Euro allocation. Was shot down as “it’ll never happen” “Police Scotland won’t let it happen” etc

Yet here we are. Rangers fans now missing out.

I’m unaffected because I’m CF. But those are the breaks I guess

Last edited:
I never realised this meant some Broomloan season holders won't get in. We can't possibly defend the club if there is a single Rangers season holder told they are no longer seeing the game to allow a Celtic fan in.
Although I always thought 2500 of them would mean all season holders are accommodated, albeit some need to move seat.
You can bet your last dollar not one scum fan will be inconvenienced or lose their seat by this arrangement, our board have folded yet again to these scumbags

It would impact a lot more of our season ticket holders regarding having to be relocated, permanently or otherwise, but I can't help but think it might be better if the Away area was on the BR1/BF1 side of the Broomloan Stand rather than as shown below.

screencapture
Guy on other thread mentioned BF1 and BR1 due to union bears moving. Makes sense to do it that way.

There is a strange phenomenon amongst some of our fans that they are desperate for Celtc fans to be let in to Ibrox and they, themselves, are desperate to attend The Piggery!
It's called proper rivalry. Imagine when we had won the league title at the piggery 3-0 and there were no Rangers fans there to rub it in. Also, OF often gets cited as one of the biggest derbies in the World, a continuation of no away fans would have allowed that claim to slip.

not wanting any of that lot in Ibrox and the theory of it being full of bears as a good thing is the phenomenon here and it only popped up as a result of this website demanding it about 6 years ago. It was a pathetic move then on our part and this news thankfully rectifies it.

The manager and players want a sizeable backing when we play the filth, that alone means this is welcome news.

The club have to stick with this being gold members only. Even if it’s 1 tickets a season guaranteed for the 2 fixtures this is a reward for being in gold and should be 100% gold only.

People have short memories and need reminded why they were booted out.

Flinging a flare and damage to concourses etc? Out of order agreed.

But if you’ve been to these games you know there’s no angels and it happens from our end as well.

A sensible approach would’ve been to apply the same measures every other European mob does with these games i.e Perspex or netting up to prevent missiles.

Club statements have been proven wrong before. It also mentions “required to give” - that’ll be like this season when Celtic ignored the rules, gave no tickets and suffered no consequences.
the 1st OF next season is at the piggery. If they dont give us the allocation they are required to, we do the same when they come to Ibrox.

The official statement from Rangers. Unless “alternative seating arrangements” means watching it in their house then I don’t get why you think people won’t be at the game.
Seat transfers will be done on a first come first serve basis.

I'm not convinced everyone will get a new permanent seat.

Yeah the obvious caveat is it wouldn't be like Rangers to balls up an important detail.

You're talking shite. FF does not have an opinion any more than the buses do. Plenty on here were in support of larger away allocations on both sides.
I did say in my experience.

Certainly seems that the majority of people wanting them kept out were vocal online. However almost everyone that I’ve personally came into contact with, on the buses, those around me at the game and Rangers fans I work with will be happy at todays news

So what we thinking on how this will be balloted? Will the goal posts be moved when it comes to Rangers deciding who gets tickets for it next season?

Top down?
Ballot gold only?
Or as it is... separate Cat A ballot among all tiers?
The way things are going Parkhead will be our biggest Cat A allocation.
Since mygers was announced celtic away was to be gold only.

It's not going to be BF1 and along as my brother and I are in BF5 and we've already had an email about moving.

"Around 5%"?

So 2.750/60,000 = 4.6%
And 2.750/51,000 = 5.4%

Rounded, both are 5%

So 2.750 each and it's "around 5%"

Simples! :mad:

SPFL happy? Tick
Liewell happy? Tick
Goon Brigade happy? Tick
Rangers happy? Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad..........
Celtic and their fans wanted the whole broomloan or nothing so that'll be 1 out of 4

Seems like I’m in the minority here.

Back to them having prime position where as we do not get it replicated.

Back to them wrecking our stadium regardless of the result.

Back to season ticket holders getting moved or not even getting tickets to accommodate Celtic fans.

Don’t see any positives
I’ve seen us wreck their stadium plenty of times particularly the toilets. Both clubs pay for the damage that’s done.

I’ll tell you the positive, guys that follow their club will now be able to get a ticket for the piggery again. Rangers will now have 3000 fans making noise at the piggery instead of they horrible terrorist sympathising cunts having it their own way and only hearing their shite on the tele.

It's a good decision, football is for fans, both ours and theirs, I live in Basingstoke so don't get to Ibrox as much as I would like, and can confidently say I do not interact knowingly with a single one of their ilk, if I end up in their company I leave, I simply cannot stand listening to their faux Irishness. The chances of me getting a ticket home or away for this fixture is zero and even if I did work would dictate, but still think that atmosphere's make games so for me it's a good decision.

First Old Firm is at Parkhead so if they %^*& us over we can do the same in return.

I read the around 5% as segregation but that may be naive on my part.
Hopefully I am wrong and its a fair deal but the wording of "around" stands out a mile. Wouldn't put it past them that we get boxed in a slightly bigger bit of their away corner with all the segregation and empty seats on our end while they get near half the Broomloan back.

Back