Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
It would impact a lot more of our season ticket holders regarding having to be relocated, permanently or otherwise, but I can't help but think it might be better if the Away area was on the BR1/BF1 side of the Broomloan Stand rather than as shown below.

screencapture
Agreed , we’re essentially splitting our support to place them there, stick them in BF1 where they cannot be seen ( on TV) because sure as hell thats where we will be placed at the cesspit.

Because having fans increases the likelihood of us winning. Our record there has been appalling.

I probably won’t get a ticket for a number of years, definitely wouldn’t have since this nonsense was introduced but I’ve always found it weird that elements of our support focus on ‘them in our stadium’ rather than ‘us supporting our team at their stadium’

That’s before you even consider all the aspects about better atmospheres and so on, which are secondary.

I don't think it was any better in recent history before the allocation was changed.

Don't see why it should automatically be the Broomloan ST holders who miss out.

Should be shared round every season ticket holder on a rolling basis
Seems a sensible solution.
But I can’t see it going down well with season ticket holders elsewhere in the stadium.
I might be wrong though.

Email received,

Rangers FC notes the SPFL’s confirmation regarding future Old Firm allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead.

As the changes will follow the model we use at Ibrox for our UEFA European matches, this will affect some of our supporters in the Broomloan Stand and we regret to inform you that your season ticket seat has been affected by this change.

While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only.

We understand that this change to your seat will be disappointing, but we want to reassure you that creating alternative options has been a priority.

These options are:​
ADKq_NbLKmrwrzOiSYLjqepZanBQ9ST5eoPkB8FEDa9vJoGzU6Z7NiaJR9GalDDAvo9P8K_4SXSAItJqUi2QNASi-JV5oJdjzJoTS3gUZmg10CNYpEdKMLpyWnz0fB6cV9unzAyVIOA=s0-d-e1-ft
Option 1
You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available.​
ADKq_NbL-iTM27ZIaNm6Cj3-7_h9M3tU3wjaY9IBpNqkAk0-zjDAmWpMuCBAMemrKuHHoOIm_kY7SUclKVeZ8tevf2NBkptE3wX0CIJTINN3EoE3JZKKIxnjVfmYpCmtdVAFO-Wp9MU=s0-d-e1-ft
Option 2
You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis​

Fucking shambles. Another horrendous decision by the current Rangers board.

The vermin should never be back in Ibrox ever again.
Reading the wording of the rangers statement , there was no choice given the pressure to comply with the premiership rules on away fans and from the Sky TV overlords

Although given how little we get from Sky, how I’d love for them to be told to GTF

If only the other clubs hadn’t bottled it when the proposition of setting up own league broadcasting deal / channel

We’ll lose out in numbers because of how their ground is set up, hence the “around 5%” - it’s a deliberate smudging in an official statement.

We’ve caved again.
time will tell .

Caving in would have been giving them what they demanded , the whole Broomloan again

Only losers in this situation are Non ST MyGers members. Cant imagine there will be any tickets set aside for members so that they can be accommodated.

They should get 800 tickets like every other team, what entitles them to 5% of the stadium above the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, or hearts?
That is a good point. This might result in those teams demanding equal treatment. Maybe some ST holders are in for a bigger shock than they think. Which isn't great tbh. I'm not affected but would be pissed off if I was.

Common sense at fucking last.

I missed one game there between 2004-2017 or whenever it was they reduced the allocations. I’ve been to one game since, the 1-1 draw when sakala scored. It’s been ridiculous.

A proper atmosphere there now and not they cunts having it all their own way. Bring it on

Should only be available to gold MyGers members aswell.
Didn't take too many posts before the "only gold Mygers" came in :D

Ha ha, imaging if, as a gesture of goodwill, they said all DhimDome tickets would go to those in Bronze. Be a few rapid changes of opinion on here I'd warrant.

And no I'm not seriously suggesting it would ever happen. Just highlighting that everyone will want what's best for them personally.
Or all tickets for games at their dump are offered to the ST holders being moved from their seats in the Broomloan to accommodate more of them in Ibrox.

See how that would go down.

If it’s 5%, then fine.

If it’s the same numbers at both grounds, then we’ve got a poor deal.
You think?

Ffs half the tickets we will get for that shitehole will be restricted view! Our support will stay stuck in a corner miles away from the pitch while we give them premium seats. Our support will be attacked / abused with little to no protection as our players are!

They ll get the mentally challenged barrier up and the rest of us will be unable to walk around the stadium as we normally do which leads to crushing at Copland / Main Stand.

We have supporters who buy season tickets who are being moved or even worse not able to attend these games!

Shafted yet again by these mentally challenged bastards!!

I’ve seen us wreck their stadium plenty of times particularly the toilets. Both clubs pay for the damage that’s done.

I’ll tell you the positive, guys that follow their club will now be able to get a ticket for the piggery again. Rangers will now have 3000 fans making noise at the piggery instead of they horrible terrorist sympathising cunts having it their own way and only hearing their shite on the tele.
You know that argument equates to…

They will have 3000 horrible terrorist sympathising cunts in our stadium

Back