Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
All those who said the club would never give in and they wouldn't shaft season ticket holders must be gutted.
The minute the Union Bears were going to the Copland this was a certainty.
Cannot believe anyone would have thought otherwise.
But as all of us who are affected in the Copland were told "you don't own the seat"

It should 100% be gold only. Why should someone that’s put all that money in to following their club be denied a ticket for someone that hasn’t? Mygers should always have been done like the travel club was on a points system from day one.
Someone could be in gold over another guy in silver because they subscribe to RTV every year or buy women's tickets they will never go to.

I didn’t want any of them in Ibrox ever again.
We will be stuck in that restricted view corner at the paedodome again.
I get that people want to go to their midden, as I have done countless times, my son being one of them. Not for me anymore.
Just hope all our season ticket holders get seats in other parts of the ground.

Seems a sensible solution.
But I can’t see it going down well with season ticket holders elsewhere in the stadium.
I might be wrong though.
You won't be wrong. End of the day everyone selfishly wants what suits them.

If you suggested to people that if they want a Parkhead ticket then they give up their ST at Ibrox for them then they'd go into meltdown

No. Friends have.

Renewal is discounted and does not include OF. You will have ‘priority’ on a match by match basis against them, subject to availability.

Or you can renew elsewhere in the stadium to include OF, subject to availability.

Friend of mine is still in the Family Section with their kid who aged out of it four years ago because Rangers can't find them seats together elsewhere.

The club have caved in and stiffed season ticket holders in the process.

I don't know which situation can be viewed as a result or sensible where Tims are given the nod over our own support.
The club have caved in?

Why do so many on here pretend to claim all of our fans wanted 800 max?

Many bears, myself included, wanted the euro allocation.

Maybe our club have listened to a lot of our fans?

I'm in BF5, got to either take my season ticket without old firm games, or move to another section completely.

3 of us sat together in BF5 for years, what chance have we got finding 3 together in another part of the stadium. Gubbed at this news personally
BF1 is an option if your fast enough

Give it 2 seasons and they will get their wish of the full Broomloan again with us still stuck in restricted view seats…..
Doubt it, but for the record there’s one pole right in the corner that would affect a very small percentage of rangers fans at the piggery. It’s not like when we got the Lisbon lions stand 7500 Rangers fans had a restricted view seat. It’s always a tiresome argument when you hear that. When I got a seat there I used to just move.

Just wished for a day when they didn’t put a stain on our stadium. Credit to @Papasmurf, his hard work made that a reality until the reversal of it now.

Never been to their cesspit and never will, absolutely no interest in attending a stadium of a club who condone child abuse.
Good for.you, but there's plenty of folk among our support who want to support the team regardless of where they play.

"Follow Follow" afterall.

with the union bears moving next year, is there any reason why it shouldn’t be the bf1 side of the broomie that they get?

How do you propose Silver get into Gold then if we don't get the chance to purchase tickets?
Ticket purchases for away games make up such a small number of points.

whether someone in gold gets more away games is making no difference at all. Everyone is getting the same points if they buy the average in their tier.

Genuinely can't understand anyone criticizing the club or board here

It's a great result and about time both clubs came to their senses
Probably from season ticket holders who will be affected. It does say alternative seats will be found though ,but if you’re not sure whereabouts then you can see why they’re slightly pissed off at this stage.

I think most of us realised that simply by the use of 'around' in the SPFL release. No way anything would have been agreed with Rangers as the 'winners'.:rolleyes:
The sad fact in all this is we could have been the winners. The league was desperate for a solution and we could have pushed for fair rule that covered all grounds. This would have sorted this plus the issue of Aberdeen, Hearts and from next season Hibs as well.

Instead the club have entered into another one sided arrangement which we all know will be no advantage for us. While we are still awaiting all the details I think most of us know we will get nowhere near what they offer European teams under UEFA rules.

Can guarantee even those greeting about it will bite the ticket offices hand off if they get an offer.
I have zero interest of going to away games so this just isn't true.

I think there should be a mandated minimum so I can't say I'm massively against this in general, but every single extra Celtic fan in the stadium is a Rangers fan missing out.

There is no way they will give us more tickets than we give them, around 5% means wiggle room for them. Our board bullied again by them and we caved.

The email sent from the club says: from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only.

Sounds like a straight up 5% for both stadiums

So shafting some of our own fans to accommodate that mob, unreal.
I agree the thought of moving to let that shower of scum sickens me,my family and myself are not in a compromised seating so it won't affect us but if we were then after all these years our tickets would sadly be handed back,I know they would be filled quickly but I stand by my principles,the trouble is most of our fans that want this will not be moved so they have fuk all to lose unless we seated the scum at the corner of the Copeland nearest the main stand,quell uproar.

If Rangers dont have an agreed seating plan with 3000 guaranteed tickets signed off, by the SPFL, Celtic and the Police, more fool them.

Based on previous experience and being diddled for 25 years on Old Firm tickets, culminating in Rangers fans not even being allowed to cross the road to the Rangers end in 2017 when it was still 7000 of us.

It should 100% be gold only. Why should someone that’s put all that money in to following their club be denied a ticket for someone that hasn’t? Mygers should always have been done like the travel club was on a points system from day one.
Using that argument all away games should be gold only? They’re not for a good reason

Euro aways are. Celtic was to be gold only before there was no away allocation. Top down makes just as much sense as gold only
Or makes sense to to those it will benefit clearly. I'm sure it makes sense to a guy in gold because they have the bucks to buy 40 points worth of RTV every season and women's tickets as well.

Obviously the guys with most points should get the lions share but not 100%

All those who said the club would never give in and they wouldn't shaft season ticket holders must be gutted.
The minute the Union Bears were going to the Copland this was a certainty.
Cannot believe anyone would have thought otherwise.
But as all of us who are affected in the Copland were told "you don't own the seat"
Naw we don't own the seats but without us over the lean years we might not still have had a stadium.

Will effect some season ticket holders.

Time to put up a temporary pole when they visit Ibrox.
Mate just had the email br 5 and bf5 and possibly br4 and bf4 getting asked if we want to keep our seats but 106 quid cheaper as no mentally challenged games or move seats to somewhere else in stadium on a first come basis nothing about kids tkts so take it no kids allowed I've 2 seats in br5 so will be looking at moving

Or makes sense to to those it will benefit clearly. I'm sure it makes sense to a guy in gold because they have the bucks to buy 40 points worth of RTV every season and women's tickets as well.

Obviously the guys with most points should get the lions share but not 100%
Never bought a single add on like rangerstv. Points purely made up from match going.

Latest posts

Back