Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
So what we thinking on how this will be balloted? Will the goal posts be moved when it comes to Rangers deciding who gets tickets for it next season?

Top down?
Ballot gold only?
Or as it is... separate Cat A ballot among all tiers?
The way things are going Parkhead will be our biggest Cat A allocation.
Should be gold only

Filth get more tickets at the expense of some ST holders not guaranteed to be there is fucking rotten.
I don’t have a strong opinion either way on this issue but now fans in those areas have “full” season tickets it’s poor that some are going to miss out.

There will be loads of folk on the ST waiting list renewing their MyGers for absolutely nothing in the summer.

Meanwhile, the club give them premium seats while our fans stand behind a pole.
They’ll be renewing for a better chance of tickets and getting higher points for when season tickets become available?

with the union bears moving next year, is there any reason why it shouldn’t be the bf1 side of the broomie that they get?
I think most of us would agree with that. However, for one thing, it would impact upon a greater number of our season ticket holders and, secondly, the Club news release has already confirmed it will be BF5/BR5 and parts of BF4/BR4 that will be impacted.

There will be loads of folk on the ST waiting list renewing their MyGers for absolutely nothing in the summer.

I think next season could be the worst for people on the waiting list getting an offer.

You won't be wrong. End of the day everyone selfishly wants what suits them.

If you suggested to people that if they want a Parkhead ticket then they give up their ST at Ibrox for them then they'd go into meltdown
I’m in BF3 so doesn’t affect me. But I have total sympathy with those who will have to be moved.. They will be offered alternative seats, but if it’s somewhere like the back row of the Club Deck I know I wouldn’t be happy.
But you’re right it does smack of I’m alright Jack from some.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what a full 3000 at Parkhead looks like.

I note Lazio got 1500 and FC Copenhagen 1800.

Who has actually had 3000, I dont remember seeing any of their UCL debacles with fans visible around into penalty area.

All season ticket renewals should come with an option of Old Firm or not.

Seems the best way to try and counter fans missing out?

I don’t have a strong opinion either way on this issue but now fans in those areas have “full” season tickets it’s poor that some are going to miss out.
They won’t miss out unless they choose not to move. We only have.c 46.000 season ticket holders so plenty seats to relocate to.

Maybe there should be 2 gold tiers then because 100% there must be guys who have and are there because of that.

Untill that is addressed then gold only or top down doesn't sit well with me.
Many points for Rangers TV? 50 or something? To be in gold you'd need 5 years purchase history of home and away tickets, and European away, I don't think your theory adds up.

Probably from season ticket holders who will be affected. It does say alternative seats will be found though ,but if you’re not sure whereabouts then you can see why they’re slightly pissed off at this stage.
I have zero interest of going to away games so this just isn't true.

I think there should be a mandated minimum so I can't say I'm massively against this in general, but every single extra Celtic fan in the stadium is a Rangers fan missing out.
Stories going around that not all rangers fans in compromised areas are guaranteed tickets,don't know if it's true but if it is it's a fukin disgrace.

I personally don't see how that is "safer" for their fans than the corner and how they can now accept it. But common sense prevails.
bet you £1 to £5 there will be netting between the fans but nothing in front so an open view for them while no netting at Parkhead...... all costs will be on our end

All season ticket renewals should come with an option of Old Firm or not.

Seems the best way to try and counter fans missing out?
Would imagine almost all will take the option but wouldn't do any harm to ask the question.

The club have caved in?

Why do so many on here pretend to claim all of our fans wanted 800 max?

Many bears, myself included, wanted the euro allocation.

Maybe our club have listened to a lot of our fans?

Nobody is claiming that. Simply pointing out that the club made an unpopular decision and then didn't have the bollocks to see it through to its logical conclusion. This dispute was never about tickets or allocations. It was about hitting them where it hurts and having leverage. They stomped their feet, ran to the SPFL, ran to Sky and used the media to great effect. Now the club is left looking limp dicked and trying to dress this up as a win for 'common sense'.

Naw we don't own the seats but without us over the lean years we might not still have had a stadium.
Exactly.When those of us in the Copland were getting shafted no one really gave a shite about us.
Give it another year and they will have the whole Broomloan.You will hear reports that it is difficult to segregate fans so the old allocation will be the only solution

Or to flip it, are the club prioritising current season ticket holders that apply for away games and have been season ticket holders for decades?

There was plenty season tickets available in 2016, 2017, 2018. Same seasons our away ends were packed out

Who has actually had 3000, I dont remember seeing any of their UCL debacles with fans visible around into penalty area.
When we used to get 7000 our fans only extended to about halfway inside the 18 yard box iirc

Exactly.When those of us in the Copland were getting shafted no one really gave a shite about us.
Give it another year and they will have the whole Broomloan.You will hear reports that it is difficult to segregate fans so the old allocation will be the only solution
No they won’t unless we draw them in the Scottish cup at Ibrox

Would imagine almost all will take the option but wouldn't do any harm to ask the question.
Just thinking I know plenty around me who don’t bring young kids to old firms.

I’m sure most would want them included but certainly some would say no.

It’s sections 118-120. Ajax, Man City and Man Utd have had it before

This summer is shaping up to be chaos for the ticket office with the singing section, disabled section and now this added on top.

It all comes down to us needing a bigger staduim.

The club have caved in?

Why do so many on here pretend to claim all of our fans wanted 800 max?

Many bears, myself included, wanted the euro allocation.

Maybe our club have listened to a lot of our fans?
I was one who said the Euro allocation is the sensible solution, but I said it thinking it allowed us to still have a seat for every Rangers season ticket holder, even though some would need to move for the day.
The one and only priority for me in this is that no season holder misses out at the expense of one of that lot. I always thought there was enough capacity to allow this with the Euro allocation.

I’m in BF3 so doesn’t affect me. But I have total sympathy with those who will have to be moved.. They will be offered alternative seats, but if it’s the somewhere like the back row of the Club Deck I know I wouldn’t be happy.
But you’re right it does smack of I’m alright Jack from some.
Yep our club is getting like the minty years,those and such as those,gold members boasting they deserve more than the ones that can't afford to spend what they do ,aye right

Many points for Rangers TV? 50 or something? To be in gold you'd need 5 years purchase history of home and away tickets, and European away, I don't think your theory adds up.
By what means does it not add up?

It's basic arithmetic.

An annual RTV overseas sub is 40 points or a UK one is 25 points. So if someone would have been a few points short of gold with whatever ticket only points they have gained clearly extra points will boost them up into gold. That's before you take women's tickets or any other non mens match going points into account.

What is it you don't get about that?

Absolutely no chance of it happening.

Why not?

After all, safety concerns from the yahoos have ensured this change. Broadcasters apparently have also stepped in.

There’s no reason to think we won’t be here again in a year.

I wonder if during this meeting, our Board raised ticket allocations at Easter Road, for example.

Nah, just given in to Celtic.

It should 100% be gold only. Why should someone that’s put all that money in to following their club be denied a ticket for someone that hasn’t? Mygers should always have been done like the travel club was on a points system from day one.
I see both sides of the tickets argument, both right in their own way, so folk with more disposable income to get the big games tickets as opposed to die hard bears who struggle to pay bills yet have season tickets? some folk just cannot buy buy buy rangers merchandise and ladies season tickets and can never accumulate my gers points, are they to be left behind?

here's something which i dont think many have factored in with the ongoing reduction in away fans all over Scotland an increased allocation is a welcomed one for Rangers and MyGers ,without away allocations is there a need for MyGers other than those who wish to go abroad ??

Last edited:
Any guesses as to how segregation outside the game would work?

Hope doesn't go back to them having Edmiston Road to themselves.

Back