Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
The fact that some of our own will miss out on seeing Rangers at our ground to accommodate more of that lot is a disgrace and a stain on this board.
So if they’ve been pressured into it by Sky, sponsors and corporates it’s a stain? Really?

People are quick enough to talk about funding into the club but then on the other hand we have fans criticising the board for protecting commercial interests. I believe the club will have been pressured into the resolution

Any idea why segregation in Scottish games seems to much wider than EPL, you see games at City or Arsenal and there’s barely anything between opposing fans

And it’ll be the kids as before. I had two season tickets. One adult and one kids. Only the adult ticket was active against the scum and put all over the stadium. Wee guy had to stay at home.
Imagine telling your kid that you have been taking to Ibrox, say since the allocations changed, that they can’t go anymore to the old firm matches because a Celtic fan is taking their seat? What a kick in the guts.

Once again it’s the Rangers support that gets shafted. I’ve said all along the only compromise to the old allocations returning was our support behind the goal at Parkhead as well.

Been said many times before but follow follow surveys aren’t exactly representative of the fan base as a whole.

If the club really cared about fan opinion they’d have done a full season ticket holder survey but they haven’t, much like they just implemented the union bears relocation

What people are failing to grasp is this decision was made due to pressure from sky, sponsors and corporate season ticket holders at both clubs

Sponsors were going mad because Celtc weren't given enough tickets for Ibrox. ? I don't think so, mate. Our fans aren't even seen on Sky at the piggery either.

How are folk failing to grasp that Sky have probably played a part in this, the old firm has a reputation of one of the best derbies in the world, they'll 100% want healthy away supports at these fixtures.

Sky have absolutely zero influence over how tickets are distributed. But even if they did, isnt that the sort of leverage you would use to get more money out of them? The sky angle is a complete red herring mate

So if they’ve been pressured into it by Sky, sponsors and corporates it’s a stain? Really?

People are quick enough to talk about funding into the club but then on the other hand we have fans criticising the board for protecting commercial interests. I believe the club will have been pressured into the resolution
It is when a Rangers fan won’t get to see a game at our home ground so a Celtic fan can get in.

The fact that whilst we were selling out games in the lower leagues whilst their most loyal fan was the big banner in the upper tiers sums up the relationship between us and the Savillers.

They need us , more than we need them

Give them the same allocation as everyone else.

Sky have absolutely zero influence over how tickets are distributed. But even if they did, isnt that the sort of leverage you would use to get more money out of them? The sky angle is a complete red herring mate
"This was reached following input from both clubs, the SPFL, local authorities, and the league’s broadcast partners."

Expect the my Gers gold punters pile on,they are the only true supporters according to themselves
It already started a few pages back.Can't wait till there's a thread when they greet that they missed out and cry it's no fair.

It is when a Rangers fan won’t get to see a game at our home ground so a Celtic fan can get in.
But if it’s been taken out with their control then how is it a stain?

I dont remember there being this level of outrage when the union bears move was confirmed

How are folk failing to grasp that Sky have probably played a part in this, the old firm has a reputation of one of the best derbies in the world, they'll 100% want healthy away supports at these fixtures.

Yes, "one of the best derbies in the world" played 4 times a season yet with one of the poorest TV deals in Europe.

Maybe Sky can speak to Hibs about the empty stands at Easter Road...

I had said the 2500 European allocation was the logical and best solution, as someone who loved going to Parkhead to see my team win. But I had thought that meant every one of our season holders got a seat at the game. If we are denying entry to just 1 so more Celtic fans are there, then it's a bad move.
This is how I feel about it as well. If everybody was guaranteed a new seat then carry on but potentially locking some of our own support out to accommodate another support, thats poor.

The UB thing I felt differently about because everybody was at least guaranteed to still get a new seat.

Most places – Sky and The Daily Record, for example – are reporting it as around 2,500 of them at Ibrox and 3,000 of us at the Piggery.
That's because they are multiplying the capacity by 5% and rounding. There's no knowledge required to do that calculation. The knowledge required is the brains to know that they will not give us more tickets than they get from us.

We’ll put us in a prominent position in their ground then. Not behind some manky pillars in a corner hidden from sight

Yeah I’m sure our fans get half and half scarves at every away game they go to. Why is wanting to attend away matches against against our biggest rivals so taboo
They were playing funny buggers around away tickets for the Crime Scene. Not Rangers.

Maybe you can explain to the father and young son who have tickets in the Broomloan that the son won't get to Celtic matches now so you can get a ticket for their tip.

All you've done Is help Celtic take a step towards their goal of getting the whole stand back.

Yes, "one of the best derbies in the world" played 4 times a season yet with one of the poorest TV deals in Europe.

Maybe Sky can speak to Hibs about the empty stands at Easter Road...
An entirely pertinent point mate.

Every away ground in the country wouldn't have a spare seat if we got sensible allocations. Surely that would be a much better TV spectacle.

No reason the couldn't push for this.

Because some Rangers fans, with a season ticket, are likely to only get to attend 17 of our 19 Home league matches? The two they miss out on being the biggest games of the Home season.
Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin

Put them in the Club deck behind a net. If it means bussing them in. 2 hpurs early and keeping them back qfter the final whistle so be it. We shouldnt be accommodating these bastards with the red carpet treatment they get. %^*& them

Spot on. Rangers should insist that they are nowhere near Sky cameras, and be in the stadium hours before the game starts, and kept back hours post-match. It is unreal that we are not even in control of our own stadium anymore with this cave-in today.

But if it’s been taken out with their control then how is it a stain?

I dont remember there being this level of outrage when the union bears move was confirmed
Probably because Rangers fans weren’t going to be locked out.

It shouldn’t have been taken out of our control. This is our stadium and we decide how many get in and where they sit and not one Rangers fan is affected. I hate comparing with them but if the shoe had been on the other foot you can bet your bottom dollar their board would have backed their support to the hilt and made sure not one mhank is inconvenienced.

Only one person being stupid here, it literally says in the club statement "club broadcasting partners"

If you choose to ignore that fair enough.

You are conflating two seperate points. Sky have no leverage at all. Who cares what they want?

Theyve signed a contract (for a pittance). It was our decision and mentioning Sky at all is simply subterfuge for what is an embarassing climbdown

You are conflating two seperate points. Sky have no leverage at all. Who cares what they want?

Theyve signed a contract (for a pittance). It was our decision and mentioning Sky at all is simply subterfuge for what is an embarassing climbdown
I'm reading the club statement, you're not. Don't know what's difficult about that.

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin
And one of the options now is to renew your season ticket with no OF games. However, whilst it was a given in the past that you wouldn't get the OF games it wasn't any more in recent times. Some may have foregone the opportunity to relocate elsewhere, for example, and now find themselves f*cked.

Relocating folk elsewhere will not be straightforward. Its the Family Stand after all. Parent and child seated together, or even Parent and two children seated together, are not going to be easily relocated. So your kid, who thought he had a season ticket for life, now finds that, actually, he's not going to get to see OF games any more.

And plenty were unhappy about the ST with no OF games in the past but took the seats simply because it was their only way to acquire a ST - not because they were happy with it.

How is it " impossible " for our away support to be placed elsewhere at the piggery.? A bigger stadium should mean we should have even more choice of seating.

It doesn't work like that at all.

Away supporters at Parkhead are placed in the Lisbon Lions Stand and the corner at the Main Stand. This has been the traditional away section at Parkhead for years. Under our old allocation, it allowed for only one area of segregated seats approximately two thirds of the way into the Lisbon Lions Stand. This allocates a clear and definable portion of the stadium to the away support, allowing them a clear route in and out of the ground, separate turnstiles and concourses, and access to supporters bus, etc.

Placing the Rangers support in the middle of the Lisbon Lions Stand would therefore be impossible, because none of the above would be possible. A seating arrangement of Celtic fans/Rangers fans/Celtic fans in the same stand not only means more seats lost on either side - it also means home and away fans sharing the same turnstiles and concourses and the away support being unable to be safely filtered in and out of the ground. This is why being allocated a section of the upper tier also doesn't work. In short, it's a complete non-starter, in the same way it would be a non-starter if Celtic demanded to be placed into the middle of the Govan Stand.

It's the reason that away fans in football are almost always placed into the corner of stands, as they are at the Emirates, the Etihad, Anfield, Old Trafford, Tottenham Stadium, etc. There's not a single away ground in Scotland where we are given a plush allocation in a stand with home supporters either side of us.

I'm not sure we could be placed anywhere else. I also don't think they could be placed in a similar area of Ibrox. They are different stadiums, after all.

They were playing funny buggers around away tickets for the Crime Scene. Not Rangers.

Maybe you can explain to the father and young son who have tickets in the Broomloan that the son won't get to Celtic matches now so you can get a ticket for their tip.

All you've done Is help Celtic take a step towards their goal of getting the whole stand back.
Or I could say that it’s given the 15000+ members who apply for these games a better chance of going?

You could say it means the next generation get a chance of watching us play in the piggery now, where as that opportunity was diminished when it reduced to 800. Yet people who’d previously went and experienced it classed fans wanting to go as selfish

There’s many different perspectives to it. My personal opinion is that I don’t believe any season ticket holder should’ve been prevented from attending the game and still think that’s possible however I also realise the decision has been taken out of rangers hands to an extent. If Sky weren’t bothered this wouldn’t have happened

This seems to be a sensible solution and 5% of capacities seems to give us an extra 450-500 tickets.

I expect some sort of adjustment to these numbers when the tramps cite safety reasons for reducing our Piggery allocation closer to 2500.

I also expect us to get the shittiest seats imaginable at the Piggery - if it is the area I think it will be then there is no way we will be getting 3000 tickets and it is stuck in a rancid corner of their cesspit.

They will be getting excellent seats at Ibrox and will be able to enjoy the unique atmosphere Ibrox Stadium generates - something I know they dearly miss.

I doubt their scum will be able to behave at Ibrox - policing this will not be easy.

Would it be easier giving them the Main Stand side of the Broomloan and keep the rest of the Broomloan and the Govan corner completely for Rangers fans - should not be an issue with the UB in the Copland Stand and would mean only one police line for segregation?

Sky barely show the Rangers support there and turn the crowd noise down at every opportunity, so they'd have a bit of a cheek.
Wait till next weekend when Crocker will be saying repeatedly that it will be brilliant to have Celtic fans back at Ibrox next season!!!
Sky might turn down the volume for our fans at the pedoDome, but they turn the volume up of their fans at our place!!

Because some Rangers fans, with a season ticket, are likely to only get to attend 17 of our 19 Home league matches? The two they miss out on being the biggest games of the Home season.

Am I right in saying the club are giving them the option to move and attend the OF games? If anyone declines to move seat then thats on them. The club have made the right decision.

Baffles me how anyone can vote this as a bad decision. It's good for the away support and the players and manager who voted for this to be resolved.

Probably because Rangers fans weren’t going to be locked out.

It shouldn’t have been taken out of our control. This is our stadium and we decide how many get in and where they sit and not one Rangers fan is affected. I hate comparing with them but if the shoe had been on the other foot you can bet your bottom dollar their board would have backed their support to the hilt and made sure not one mhank is inconvenienced.
I agree with your second paragraph to an extent. I don’t think it should’ve been taken out of the rangers boards control and my personal opinion is I don’t believe any season ticket holder should miss out. I agree with you in that aspect

The issue for me is that it has been taken out of the clubs control though which some people are failing to grasp. I think the club should be looking at sponsorship deals like sportsbreaks etc to ensure more tickets go to season ticket holders. I don’t believe even 1 season ticket holder should miss out

I do t want them in Ibrox. But it was always gonny happen. So now We can look forward to them jeering, booong, laughing, singing, when we have a minutes silence for the memory of our 66 next January.

If using the broomloan, We need to put them right at the side next to the corner flag, easily done using that while side, away from the goals, not seen in tv coverage. do not give them the edge by being behind our goaly for half the game.
My sentiments exactly, they should be given minimum exposure, I’d have them up in the Broomloan rear or club deck behind netting or a glass screen. It’s our stadium and it should be made to look as good as possible for the benefit of our fans and the team. If they are going to be located as the photo shows sandwiched between our fans it will be most unsatisfactory to say the least. All those who are overjoyed with the news, just remember all of us who will be watching Rangers on TV when we play them at the cesspit will not see our crowd at all. If the club actually cares about this they’ll make sure they are put in an equally less prominent spot.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying the club are giving them the option to move and attend the OF games? If anyone declines to move seat then thats on them. The club have made the right decision.

Baffles me how anyone can vote this as a bad decision. It's good for the away support and the players and manager who voted for this to be resolved.
Yes they are. 2 options. Option 1 stay put and get a £106 discount and take risk in a match to match season ticket holder sale. Option 2 move seat permanently

What part do sky play. The tv deal is already in place for years.

Honestly, I'll never understand why any rangers fan wants more of them in our stadium

It doesn't work like that at all.

Away supporters at Parkhead are placed in the Lisbon Lions Stand and the corner at the Main Stand. This has been the traditional away section at Parkhead for years. Under our old allocation, it allowed for only one area of segregated seats approximately two thirds of the way into the Lisbon Lions Stand. This allocates a clear and definable portion of the stadium to the away support, allowing them a clear route in and out of the ground, separate turnstiles and concourses, and access to supporters bus, etc.

Placing the Rangers support in the middle of the Lisbon Lions Stand would therefore be impossible, because none of the above would be possible. A seating arrangement of Celtic fans/Rangers fans/Celtic fans in the same stand not only means more seats lost on either side - it also means home and away fans sharing the same turnstiles and concourses and the away support being unable to be safely filtered in and out of the ground. This is why being allocated a section of the upper tier doesn't work. In short, it's a complete non-starter, in the same way it would be a non-starter if Celtic demanded to be placed into the middle of the Govan Stand.

It's the reason that away fans in football are almost always placed into the corner of stands, as they are at the Emirates, the Etihad, Anfield, Old Trafford, Tottenham Stadium, etc. There's not a single away ground in Scotland where we are given a plush allocation in a stand with home supporters either side of us.

We used to get the entire old Rangers end of the piggery, and a section of their Main Stand. That should have been the start of the ticket allocation negotiations. Over the last few years, they have been forced into the corner at Ibrox, sandwiched between two stands of Rangers supporters, which is where your argument falls down.

Compare the club communication differing from how the forced seat moves in the Copland was announced, to the latest communication to those being forced to move from the Broomloan if wanting to watch the games against them.

It was all very accommodating towards those affected in the Copland with a dedicated drop in session organised and supporters automatically being offered seats beside their current friendship groups who are also affected by these changes. There was also the advice that:

"Understanding that this change may not be to your preference, we offer our full support in finding a new seat that aligns with your matchday experience with forced movers having priority seat moves following ST renewal."

Compare to what ST holders in the Broomloan have been told today:

"You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available."

OR

"You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis."

Why are 1 group of fans being treated better than the other?

And one of the options now is to renew your season ticket with no OF games. However, whilst it was a given in the past that you wouldn't get the OF games it wasn't any more in recent times. Some may have foregone the opportunity to relocate elsewhere, for example, and now find themselves f*cked.

Relocating folk elsewhere will not be straightforward. Its the Family Stand after all. Parent and child seated together, or even Parent and two children seated together, are not going to be easily relocated. So your kid, who thought he had a season ticket for life, now finds that, actually, he's not going to get to see OF games any more.

And plenty were unhappy about the ST with no OF games in the past but took the seats simply because it was their only way to acquire a ST - not because they were happy with it.
I really am done with this board. I won’t spend another penny on the club until we get Someone in with a fuccking backbone.

Back