Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Am I right in saying the club are giving them the option to move and attend the OF games? If anyone declines to move seat then thats on them. The club have made the right decision.

Baffles me how anyone can vote this as a bad decision. It's good for the away support and the players and manager who voted for this to be resolved.
They have first dibs on any seats available for them to relocate to. IF there are seats available. If you are a Parent with a child, or even two children, seated in the Family Stand what do you think your chances are of getting three new season ticket seats together elsewhere in the stadium? I can tell you they are very, very slim.

I think folk look at this through only how it impacts upon them. For most, it has no impact and it increases their chance of a visit to the DhimDome - so its a good thing. However, open your eyes and think of those whom it does impact. Think about how you would feel if it was impacting you in the same way. Think about telling your son/daughter that their season ticket was only going to get them into 17 out of 19 Home matches next season and it would be the two biggest games they'd miss out on. And that's before you think about how you'd feel at being told that you would miss out too.

Last edited:
And what do Sky think of the empty stands when we’re playing away?

This is about Celtic getting what they want.
I don’t think for a moment they wanted to give us the European allocation, and the SPFL were not going to force them.
Sky are paying their money for four games a year and I’m sure insisted they wanted the atmosphere of the old firm returned.
Sky don’t give a toss about the attendance in any other match.

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin
There's a world of difference.
Back then, folk bought those tickets knowing it didn't include the Celtic game.
Now, we will have fans who bought seasons that include these matches. Now Rangers are taking that off them and leaving them little alternative.

Yes, it's a cheap jibe.

But you've used this platform to criticise Bisgrove repeatedly. Now you're celebrating a decision by the same man who brought us Australia to remove games from Ibrox ST holders.

It's an awful look and another kick-in-balls for the loyal home support - you know the ones the Club like to patronise every now and again with a 'thank you'.

It might not be such a kick if the Club had used the opportunity to secure allocations across the country. But no. This is simply due to Celtic forcing the issue.

It’s cheap and utterly pathetic.

So Bisgrove screwed over a very close friend of mine, made up total lies about him which then went to court and my friend won and none of it was proven and the club got done with unfair dismissal. Is it any wonder I was angry?

So now I’m just meant to be permanently angry over everything and can’t be happy when I’m getting to go and support my club at all away games again?

Is that genuinely what you are saying here?

By the way, are you even a season ticket holder? Do you regularly go to games at home and away?

You seem passionate about telling everyone how this is shite but does it actually affect you?

How are folk failing to grasp that Sky have probably played a part in this, the old firm has a reputation of one of the best derbies in the world, they'll 100% want healthy away supports at these fixtures.
SKY don't dictate away allocations ffs

Or I could say that it’s given the 15000+ members who apply for these games a better chance of going?

You could say it means the next generation get a chance of watching us play in the piggery now, where as that opportunity was diminished when it reduced to 800. Yet people who’d previously went and experienced it classed fans wanting to go as selfish

There’s many different perspectives to it. My personal opinion is that I don’t believe any season ticket holder should’ve been prevented from attending the game and still think that’s possible however I also realise the decision has been taken out of rangers hands to an extent. If Sky weren’t bothered this wouldn’t have happened
There isn't 15k away tickets to go for any domestic game. Demand always outstrips supply. If you apply for tickets and don't get them, that's just the way of it.

Kicking Rangers fans out their seats at Ibrox so you can have a better chance of what 1300 more tickets at the Crime Scene IS selfish.

Anybody who thought season ticket holders would not be affected were totally naive. No way were sponsors, corporate and club use going to be affected so something had to give. Sportsbreaks will still get the tickets for their packages at inflated prices

So Bisgrove screwed over a very close friend of mine, made up total lies about him which then went to court and my friend won and none of it was proven and the club got down with unfair dismissal. Is it any wonder I was angry?

So now I’m just meant to be permanently angry over everything and can’t be happy when I’m getting to go and support my club at all away games again?

By the way, are you even a season ticket holder? Do you regularly go to games at home and away?

You seem passionate about telling everyone how this is shite but does it actually affect you?
Are you happy that there's a potential STHs won't get to the OF game?

So we are making arrangements to comply with the 5% commitment in full. Don't be surprised when the filth don't do the same in the first game next season. With no opportunity for us to do the same in retaliation.
You do realise the first game next season is at the piggery- Rangers will be well aware of the number of tickets they allocate to Rangers supporters long before they come visiting Ibrox- any major reduction could very well be replicated in % terms

If they give us 4% instead of 5% - they only get 4% in return

"ticket allocations of around 5% for away supporters" so we will play fair and they won't? Not a gambler but I'd bet on that. Rats do what rats do.

What part do sky play. The tv deal is already in place for years.

Honestly, I'll never understand why any rangers fan wants more of them in our stadium
And was that deal based on away fans being at games? Who knows

Having no away fans dilutes the fixture and it’s been embarrassing. We’ve went from one of the best derbys in the world/the best in Britain to just another game with no away fans there

The hostility/atmosphere is what makes the fixture special

They were never told they couldn't attend Ibrox. They chose not to accept the 800 in the corner, then cancelled our tickets at the peado dome despite breaking the rules.

800 in the corner and not a single extra manky bastard was enough.

What part do sky play. The tv deal is already in place for years.

Honestly, I'll never understand why any rangers fan wants more of them in our stadium
Read the club statement, there was correspondence between everyone involved.

I'll never understand how the softies in our support survived derby matches before 2017.

"ticket allocations of around 5% for away supporters" so we will play fair and they won't? Not a gambler but I'd bet on that. Rats do what rats do.
I’d bet on us getting exactly the same number of tickets each, hence the use of the words “around” 5%

Having no away fans dilutes the fixture and it’s been embarrassing. We’ve went from one of the best derbys in the world/the best in Britain to just another game with no away fans there

'special' the iraoke.. ok

Give them 800, like every other team where there is no problem

You do realise the first game next season is at the piggery- Rangers will be well aware of the number of tickets they allocate to Rangers supporters long before they come visiting Ibrox- any major reduction could very well be replicated in % terms

If they give us 4% instead of 5% - they only get 4% in return
But we are already moving affected supporters.

There isn't 15k away tickets to go for any domestic game. Demand always outstrips supply. If you apply for tickets and don't get them, that's just the way of it.

Kicking Rangers fans out their seats at Ibrox so you can have a better chance of what 1300 more tickets at the Crime Scene IS selfish.
I understand that but I’m highlighting the demand is there.

There’s people who spend thousands each year and have done for decades who can’t get tickets for games at Parkhead. Sponsors who spend tens of thousands each year who want to go and asking the club to sort it

I’d flip it and say it’s selfish to stop fans having the opportunity of going to watch us at Parkhead. We have a membership scheme that generates around £4m a year and of that around 30% apply for away tickets. I think It’s obvious why the club would look to address it, albeit this decision was taken out with their control

Nail on the head

If they are a family, where realistically can they move to? Getting seats together elsewhere is very difficult.
Club deck likely only option or BF1. I think if there was any mobility concerns the club would look to resolve it by finding gaps in the lower bowl

If we have sold 45k season tickets then why aren't the fans being impacted automatically getting a move elsewhere. We have 6k spare seats.

Does anyone know how many seats go to corporate, hospitality and sponsors etc

Evening its 1 its too many.
Club happy to take money for other games but the one we all want to se...eh sorry we are accommodating scum fans.
To get a ticket to Piggery would you be willing to give up your seat at Ibrox?

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years.

I’d guess and I’d probably be right that the majority of these people being moved have only been STH’s since Gerrard came to the club (around the time the Broomloan was taken off Celtic)

So it’s not really an argument.

Finally common sense prevails.

From the emails I have seen, those in the impacted areas are being offered 2 options:

1. A reduced price ST, that doesn’t include OF games, with the option of first dibs on OF tickets when they go on sale.

2. A season ticket elsewhere, with the OF games included.

Given this impacts circa 1,700 people, this notion that Rangers fans are missing out to accommodate them doesn’t hold up, especially with the slightly increased capacity next season.

They have first dibs on any seats available for them to relocate to. IF there are seats available. If you are a Parent with a child, or even two children, seated in the Family Stand what do you think your chances are of getting three new season ticket seats together elsewhere in the stadium? I can tell you they are very, very slim.

I think folk look at this through only how it impacts upon them. For most, it has no impact and it increases their chance of a visit to the DhimDome - so its a good thing. However, open your eyes and think of those whom it does impact. Think about how you would feel if it was impacting you in the same way. Think about telling your son/daughter that their season ticket was only going to get them into 17 out of 19 Home matches next season and it would be the two biggest games they'd miss out on. And that's before you think about how you'd feel at being told that you would miss out too.
That has been the case all along yet you have both sides of the argument calling the other selfish.

Both sides are selfish if you really want to analyse the situation. But for some bizarre reason it’s been allowed to be used as a stick to beat fans with who want to go and watch us everywhere, which is extremely ironic

Anyone that thinks we are going to be allocated more tickets for the piggery than they will for Ibrox is delusional.

This “ Compromise “ is a victory for the rattlers.
What a moanin greetin faced load of nonsense !
They were DESPERATE to force the SPFL to get them the Broomloan. This is a decent deal that avoids an arbitrary decision being made

So Bisgrove screwed over a very close friend of mine, made up total lies about him which then went to court and my friend won and none of it was proven and the club got done with unfair dismissal. Is it any wonder I was angry?

Yes but it can’t be at the cost of Rangers getting the shit end of the stick all the time just so a select few out of the entire support get their away day at the chamber of secrets.

We are adding circa 600 seats overall from this Summer's proposed changes. The increased allocation will see us give up an extra 1700 seats, plus maybe a few more with increased segregation.

I'd say the chances of someone missing out - particularly if it’s a parent and child seated together or even a parent and two children seated together - are more than 'slim'. It’s the Family Stand after all, not everyone is a 'loner' who can be easily relocated.
They will be fine mate Rangers will look after them and if they aren’t happy ask for a move and pay less until they can.

I think it has to happen and some will be unhappy they’ll be fine when they get another ticket

Will those who are forced to buy a season ticket without Celtic games be credited with 10 MyGers points ( more if we draw them in the cup)

They not only lose out on seeing Rangers play Celtic - they miss out on the MyGers points for non attendance - a double whammy

Back