Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Finally common sense prevails.

From the emails I have seen, those in the impacted areas are being offered 2 options:

1. A reduced price ST, that doesn’t include OF games, with the option of first dibs on OF tickets when they go on sale.

2. A season ticket elsewhere, with the OF games included.

Given this impacts circa 1,700 people, this notion that Rangers fans are missing out to accommodate them doesn’t hold up, especially with the slightly increased capacity next season.
We are gaining circa 600 seats this Summer - and giving up an extra circa 1700 seats, plus probably some more for segregation, to the Dhims.

Compare the club communication differing from how the forced seat moves in the Copland was announced, to the latest communication to those being forced to move from the Broomloan if wanting to watch the games against them.

It was all very accommodating towards those affected in the Copland with a dedicated drop in session organised and supporters automatically being offered seats beside their current friendship groups who are also affected by these changes. There was also the advice that:

"Understanding that this change may not be to your preference, we offer our full support in finding a new seat that aligns with your matchday experience with forced movers having priority seat moves following ST renewal."

Compare to what ST holders in the Broomloan have been told today:

"You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available."

OR

"You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis."

Why are 1 group of fans being treated better than the other?
Rangers don’t seem to have a problem treating 1 group of fans better than the other, otherwise these fans would be renewing their seats in CF instead of being forced into moves to accommodate another group of fans.

Finally common sense prevails.

From the emails I have seen, those in the impacted areas are being offered 2 options:

1. A reduced price ST, that doesn’t include OF games, with the option of first dibs on OF tickets when they go on sale.

2. A season ticket elsewhere, with the OF games included.

Given this impacts circa 1,700 people, this notion that Rangers fans are missing out to accommodate them doesn’t hold up, especially with the slightly increased capacity next season.

How is it common sense when we're back stuck away in a corner at the piggery with a restricted view. ? We had the chance to demand changes as part of any new ticket allocation deal and we've gained nothing. Its a cave-in from us, and nothing less.

You assume wrong.

In any case - if you knew what was coming you would have been told by someone who knew the news was embargoed until 11 this morning and you chose to break the embargo.
I was told last week it was happening and didn’t share it , I also didn’t ask or was given any timescale on when the news would be announced .I mentioned it on Wednesday in the supporters club ticket thread as WhatsApp rumours over the last few days had escalated greatly so it was obvious a lot of folk knew what was happening .

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years.

I’d guess and I’d probably be right that the majority of these people being moved have only been STH’s since Gerrard came to the club (around the time the Broomloan was taken off Celtic)

So it’s not really an argument.
Cmon mate, you are better than that.

Special treatment for the tramps it is then. Good news for the selfish.
It’s not selfish it’s for the best that game is the crown jewel in this league and without a away allocation it’s less appealing to a wider audience we have to play the long game and make it special again.

We used to get the entire old Rangers end of the piggery, and a section of their Main Stand. That should have been the start of the ticket allocation negotiations. Over the last few years, they have been forced into the corner at Ibrox, sandwiched between two stands of Rangers supporters, which is where your argument falls down.

This would have been a valid starting point for ticket allocation negotiations had you not forgotten that the Piggery was "renovated" literally thirty years ago.

As for your final point, you've literally made my own point for me - Celtic fans are not placed in the middle of a stand, but rather a corner, with Rangers fans on either side. We are placed in a not dissimilar position at Parkhead - the difference being the Lisbon Lions Stand and the Main Stand aren't connected because there is an emergency exit for vehicles between the two stands. While their view at Ibrox is undoubtedly better, this gives both sets of fans a clear route to the stadium and access to segregated turnstiles and concourses. Neither set of fans are given allocations in the middle of stands, because it is simply impossible.

Anyone that thinks we are going to be allocated more tickets for the piggery than they will for Ibrox is delusional.

This “ Compromise “ is a victory for the rattlers.

It was 7500 each with the old allocations, so how is it a victory for them? Also they were trying to bully their way in to getting the full Broomloan back.

Yes but it can’t be at the cost of Rangers getting the shit end of the stick all the time just so a select few out of the entire support get their away day at the chamber of secrets.
Select few? There’ll be 3000 there, of which 1350 will go to mygers members in all tiers. So at least 2700 mygers members will get a ticket each season

Doesn’t seem like a select few to me

And one of the options now is to renew your season ticket with no OF games. However, whilst it was a given in the past that you wouldn't get the OF games it wasn't any more in recent times. Some may have foregone the opportunity to relocate elsewhere, for example, and now find themselves f*cked.

Relocating folk elsewhere will not be straightforward. Its the Family Stand after all. Parent and child seated together, or even Parent and two children seated together, are not going to be easily relocated. So your kid, who thought he had a season ticket for life, now finds that, actually, he's not going to get to see OF games any more.

And plenty were unhappy about the ST with no OF games in the past but took the seats simply because it was their only way to acquire a ST - not because they were happy with it.
I appreciate that I was just saying

Imagine telling your kid that you have been taking to Ibrox, say since the allocations changed, that they can’t go anymore to the old firm matches because someone who sticks talcum powder and rat poison up his nose and downs Buckfast by the gallon went greeting to Bisgrove about losing his jolly sorry ticket to The Trophy Centre.

Once again it’s the Rangers support that gets shafted. I’ve said all along the only compromise to the old allocations returning was our support behind the goal at Parkhead as well.

Amended the post to reflect the truth.

It was 7500 each with the old allocations, so how is it a victory for them? Also they were trying to bully their way in to getting the full Broomloan back.
Exactly. If anything it’s a climb down from Celtic. They were adamant it was 7500 or 0, then came crawling to Rangers asking if we’d accept European allocations a few years back

Not sure how it’s a victory for them

I understand that but I’m highlighting the demand is there.

There’s people who spend thousands each year and have done for decades who can’t get tickets for games at Parkhead. Sponsors who spend tens of thousands each year who want to go and asking the club to sort it

I’d flip it and say it’s selfish to stop fans having the opportunity of going to watch us at Parkhead. We have a membership scheme that generates around £4m a year and of that around 30% apply for away tickets. I think It’s obvious why the club would look to address it, albeit this decision was taken out with their control
Unfortunately not everyone who wants to go can go. Mygers is a different argument completely.

Today's announcement boils down to Rangers fans who've bought season tickets for the last several seasons getting OF games and now being told they won't get them. Why? So 1300 bears can go to the Piggery.

As another poster said I'd give the piggery tickets to those missing out at Ibrox.

That has been the case all along yet you have both sides of the argument calling the other selfish.

Both sides are selfish if you really want to analyse the situation. But for some bizarre reason it’s been allowed to be used as a stick to beat fans with who want to go and watch us everywhere, which is extremely ironic
On a personal level, I've not called anyone selfish mate. I do think the decision is wrong - on the assumption that those Bears impacted cannot all be safely relocated elsewhere in the stadium (alongside their child/children if appropriate).

If we can guarantee that all those folk, and their kids, will either be able to relocate together or can be guaranteed seating together at every OF game then fair enough.

I think we both know that's highly unlikely though.

So Celtic will get a bigger % of Ibrox than we’ll have at the crime scene? Anyone that thinks we’ll get 3000 there is high. The fact it says around 5% is telling. It’s either 5% or it isn’t 5%, the ‘around’ part of the statement tells us that it will be 2500 at both.

They stomp their feet, shout about safety and what ever else and get their own way. Rangers bend over and take it.

Celtic have won here, and our cuck board have allowed it.

How is it common sense when we're back stuck away in a corner at the piggery with a restricted view. ? We had the chance to demand changes as part of any new ticket allocation deal and we've gained nothing. Its a cave-in from us, and nothing less.
Both supports will be in the corner of the respective stadiums. It’s not a cave in, as this is what Rangers have always wanted, they wanted the old allocations.

My own opinion is that I don't want any of them in our stadium, the atmosphere is fine without them. When we're winning, it's great and when they are it suffers regardless of their presence. I'm mainly basing that opinion on their past behaviour as well as likely future behaviour at the new years games. People who can't, on mass, be expected to be respectful should not be given access. At most I'd have given them the corner as the league rules (yeah, I know) say away fans should be in attendance in some form.

The main issue I have today is from the announcement "This was reached following input from both clubs, the SPFL, local authorities, and the league’s broadcast partners."

That the fans were not consulted on this is ridiculous, either those directly affected or the wider support. It wouldn't have been hard to send out a survey to ST holders (or MyGers members) to find out what the actual wider feeling on their fans attendance is and include that in the decision making process.

As for restricted view vs. not. How about we just paint some big pillars on the netting around that lot. Even things up a bit...

European games aren't part of ST. It's a complete red herring.
But it is part of CCCS which links the season tickets and MyGers together
This could end up a money loser for MyGers membership and the CCCS sign up for those affected

Rangers must now state that any damage to any seats or vandalism to Ibrox when they next visit will mean that this new ticket arrangement is declared null and void, and a subsequent vast reduction in away tickets back to 800. We must regain control of our own stadium.

Thankfully it doesn’t affect me, but I find it bemusing when season ticket holders in that area are being told to put up and shut up, when they are just concerned if they’ll see an old firm game next season.
And this “you don’t go to away games”. How do they know some in that area don’t go to away games.?
Fans have a right to raise their concerns without being shot down.

But every ST holder gets the chance to buy a ticket for a European game though, no?
Of course they do but the ST window is used by the club to see how many people they need to move.

The European games aren't part of your ST, Celtic games are.

What a moanin greetin faced load of nonsense !
They were DESPERATE to force the SPFL to get them the Broomloan. This is a decent deal that avoids an arbitrary decision being made
So we bow down to their “Desperation” and it’s ok so long as you and other appeasers can (Maybe) get to have a jolly at the piggery, with no thought of the bears who will miss these fixtures.

Stroll on.

Last edited:
On a personal level, I've not called anyone selfish mate. I do think the decision is wrong - on the assumption that those Bears impacted cannot all be safely relocated elsewhere in the stadium (alongside their child/children if appropriate).

If we can guarantee that all those folk, and their kids, will either be able to relocate together or can be guaranteed seating together at every OF game then fair enough.

I think we both know that's highly unlikely though.
I meant generally, there’s people on both sides that’s default argument is that it’s selfish.

The word selfish could be applied in either situation as ultimately opinions are based on what suits their own personal circumstances/wants best. Thats merely the point I was trying to make.

I don’t think any season ticket holder should’ve been locked out. If that meant we could only offer 1800 then that should’ve been the allocation however it’s evidently been taken out of the clubs control

I really am done with this board. I won’t spend another penny on the club until we get Someone in with a fuccking backbone.
Would you prefer the Easdales. Greens. Lambias et al. If the League and authorities have enforced the relevant rules ( yes I know) what do you expect a board to do. ?
Don’t understand the fixation re our board of directors.

Our rivals sing songs we don’t like. The solution is drowning them out
Let’s be clear here, it’s not 1986 so the measly 2,500 won’t be drowning out 57,000. I don’t think any bear other than the new age ones really give a shit about what they sing. Again for me, this all about Rangers taking no shit and doing things right…sadly the rhats are coming to Ibrox so now get them to f@ck out of sight as much as possible and make sure it’s OUR supporters who are given prime exposure in our own stadium as the beggars have been doing for decades.

So Celtic will get a bigger % of Ibrox than we’ll have at the crime scene? Anyone that thinks we’ll get 3000 there is high. The fact it says around 5% is telling. It’s either 5% or it isn’t 5%, the ‘around’ part of the statement tells us that it will be 2500 at both.

They stomp their feet, shout about safety and what ever else and get their own way. Rangers bend over and take it.

Celtic have won here, and our cuck board have allowed it.

Utter hysterical pish.

They will be fine mate Rangers will look after them and if they aren’t happy ask for a move and pay less until they can.

I think it has to happen and some will be unhappy they’ll be fine when they get another ticket
F*cking hell. No disrespect mate, honestly, but let's just say that's highly optimistic. Ask anyone who's been on the Waiting List for a Season Ticket with two seats together how near impossible it is. Then ask how we are going to relocate all those Parent and Child seats in the Family Stand impacted by this decision.

I think the decision is wrong based on my assumption that many will miss out. If Rangers can guarantee that will not be the case then I am happy to change my mind. Their email today suggests I won't be changing my mind.

Last edited:
I’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years.

I’d guess and I’d probably be right that the majority of these people being moved have only been STH’s since Gerrard came to the club (around the time the Broomloan was taken off Celtic)

So it’s not really an argument.
Classic 'doesnt affect me so I don't care' attitude.

Cheap and pathetic reply IMO.

If the club done a proper survey back in 2017/18 then chances are the allocation wouldn’t have been reduced anyway
This is also a key point people fail to miss. No one knows what the majority of fans wanted because season ticket holders were never officially asked

Doesn’t suit the narrative of “the majority wanted a reduction” though by pointing out there was never an official survey. By the club not doing a survey for this it highlights that it’s been taken out with their control anyway

I don't go to away games any more but when I did the best buzz of the lot was going there and winning, I don't believe anyone who goes to away games would be against this.

I totally get people in the Broomloan effected being a bit pissed off, but it does sound as though they will be accommodated elsewhere in the stadium or get tickets vs them if they stay put.

But it is part of CCCS which links the season tickets and MyGers together
This could end up a money loser for MyGers membership and the CCCS sign up for those affected
CCCS just means the club take the money automatically and you don't need to go on and buy your ticket.

I meant generally, there’s people on both sides that’s default argument is that it’s selfish.

The word selfish could be applied in either situation as ultimately opinions are based on what suits their own personal circumstances/wants best. Thats merely the point I was trying to make.

I don’t think any season ticket holder should’ve been locked out. If that meant we could only offer 1800 then that should’ve been the allocation however it’s evidently been taken out of the clubs control
Yup. The only thing that makes me feel this is a wrong decision is how it will impact those affected. If they all get season tickets elsewhere, at similar prices, then great. It's not happening though.

Of course they do but the ST window is used by the club to see how many people they need to move.

The European games aren't part of your ST, Celtic games are.
But in theory, if every ST holder wanted a European ticket would they get one elsewhere or is that not guaranteed? Genuine question btw, don't know how it works.

F*cking hell. No disrespect mate, honestly, but let's just say that's highly optimistic. Ask anyone who's been on the Waiting list for a Season Ticket with two seats together how near impossible it is. Then ask how we are going to relocate all those Parent and Child seats in the Family Stand impacted by this decision.

I think the decision is wrong based on my assumption that many will miss out. If Rangers can guarantee that will not be the case then I am happy to change my mind. Their email today suggest I won't be changing my mind.
Let’s not get away with ourselves they aren’t losing their tickets they are being relocated for two games a season.

They have to move when we are in Europe they’ll be fine let’s see.

Let’s be clear here, it’s not 1986 so the measly 2,500 won’t be drowning out 57,000. I don’t think any bear other than the new age ones really give a shit about what they sing. Again for me, this all about Rangers taking no shit and doing things right…sadly the rhats are coming to Ibrox so now get them to f@ck out of sight as much as possible and make sure it’s OUR supporters who are given prime exposure in our own stadium as the beggars have been doing for decades.
If the home fans aren’t up for it at both stadiums there’s a good chance both away sections could.

Back