• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Quick one I’m just curious.
Is it good or bad?
Please no undercover taaigs voting
I voted good mainly because it’s not affecting my season ticket . Does this apply to all away games , ie do sheep hearts and hibs have to give us more tickets now

Let’s not get away with ourselves they aren’t losing their tickets they are being relocated for two games a season.

They have to move when we are in Europe they’ll be fine let’s see.
You miss my point. Some will be relocated, and that's good. A Parent and child/children, in the Family Stand, being relocated for an OF game with three seats together elsewhere in the stadium? Virtually impossible. New season tickets with three seats together elsewhere in the stadium? Virtually impossible.

The choice becomes whether to forego 2 of your 'season tickets' games - the biggest two of the season - or tell your kids you can't get new seats together elsewhere in the stadium so they have to give up their season tickets.

Rangers shouldn't have agreed to these numbers without being sure everyone impacted can be relocated. If that meant only agreeing to 1500, or whatever, then so be it.

But in theory, if every ST holder wanted a European ticket would they get one elsewhere or is that not guaranteed? Genuine question btw, don't know how it works.
They would and some would need to move but the point is that now Rangers fans need to move to accommodate them which shouldn't happen.

But not all ST holders buy their seats for the European matches. It also would reduce any public sale number to non ST holders

How does it work in terms of a move regards pricing ?

If someone in the Broomloan Rear wants a move to guarantee the 2 Celtic games and Rangers offer them (for talking sake) the Govan Rear, are the club expecting them to pony up more money because it's a better seat ?

Classic 'doesnt affect me so I don't care' attitude.

Cheap and pathetic reply IMO.

It’s the people who travel home and away and have done for decades who want to be able to go and watch our team

It’s the ones sitting in their house each week who seem pissed off.

Exactly. If anything it’s a climb down from Celtic. They were adamant it was 7500 or 0, then came crawling to Rangers asking if we’d accept European allocations a few years back

Not sure how it’s a victory for them
Most peoples main issue with the old allocation was around them getting a bigger percentage of Ibrox then we got at the piggery. This new arrangement looks to be exactly the same situation.

Would you prefer the Easdales. Greens. Lambias et al. If the League and authorities have enforced the relevant rules ( yes I know) what do you expect a board to do. ?
Don’t understand the fixation re our board of directors.
That’s a totally false comparison with those grifters. How is it possible for the league or sky to enforce an allocation onto a club? It quite clearly isn’t, 800 was the regular allocation for every other club, the league wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on, legally. Ffs the tramps offered us NONE and bugger all was done. The board have crumbled and it’s despicable what they’ve done to their own fans.

Let’s not get away with ourselves they aren’t losing their tickets they are being relocated for two games a season.

Read the email the club sent out. They are either offered an ST elsewhere in the ground or an ST without Celtic games, with a loose promise of priority for OF games if they are available. Kicking bears out for the d um is never acceptable in my view.

Most peoples main issue with the old allocation was around them getting a bigger percentage of Ibrox then we got at the piggery. This new arrangement looks to be exactly the same situation.
The main argument you always seen was the position of away fans but also accept the % was an issue. We should be entitled to more tickets than them if it’s a % but we’ll need to wait and see.

Of course they do but the ST window is used by the club to see how many people they need to move.

The European games aren't part of your ST, Celtic games are.
Once again season tickets are an integral part of CCCS sign up for European and domestic cup games as is MyGers membership- to be in Group 1 for semi finals and finals all 3 are required- take away one of these then you fail the criteria set by the club

This is bigger than season tickets only covering league games against Celtic - we draw a team from khazakstan in Europe or cove Rangers in the cup - your season ticket seat magically becomes available for you to purchase- but it is not available against Celtic

Last edited:
I'm a ST holder and I'm restricted by MyGers as to how many away games I get a season.

I'm pissed off as I'm losing a space to a tramp.

Do you sit in the section that is being moved?

Did you have that seat pre 2018?

You don’t know for sure you won’t have a ticket. You might get a ticket elsewhere via Rangers

My ST is currently in BR5 so this affects me.

I know we are getting a net gain of 600 extra capacity this summer, but I'd imagine the vast majority of people will want a seat move, so the Math ain't Mathing.

The only way it could work for current STH is if we do away with offsite hospitality for these games. Which of course Bisgrove would never approve.

Do you sit in the section that you are being moved?

Did you have that seat pre 2018?

You don’t know for sure you won’t have a ticket. You might get a ticket elsewhere via Rangers
I am being moved.

I've had my season ticket since 2017.

Does it make a difference when I got it?

I moved to BF as I have a relative who got one in there and it was easier to get seats close together.

There are no guarantees I will get one.

I'm sticking up for those who are being affected and if it was anyone else being moved my opinion on it wouldn't change.

They are being moved permanently not just 2 games, with no confirmation from the club yet that all affected ST holders will be able to get a move. 1st come 1st served is the wording on the email they sent.

Rangers must now state that any damage to any seats or vandalism to Ibrox when they next visit will mean that this new ticket arrangement is declared null and void, and a subsequent vast reduction in away tickets back to 800. We must regain control of our own stadium.

I agree but unfortunately we have bangers in our support also who like to think they are on a construction site at away games.

We're talking 500, ffs.

The difference is, from the late 90s onwards, we gave them a whole stand, whilst it seemed we were stuck in a corner at the cesspit.

I’m disgusted. The principle fact is that they have a much better deal than us now. They have prime viewing and TV presence. We are to have the same restricted view corner but more around towards behind the goal - and out of TV camera view. This is a HUGE victory for the bheasts. This is a HUGE climb down from Rangers. That lot will be delighted tonight. And will we still need to be at the piggery hours early? We know the answer.

The main argument you always seen was the position of away fans but also accept the % was an issue. We should be entitled to more tickets than them if it’s a % but we’ll need to wait and see.
I wanted allocations back at old firm games but this deal isn't good for Rangers. We had a real chance this summer to change the SPFL rules and end all the nonsense of teams cutting allocations but with caving into them now that will probably be gone.

If we get 3000 tickets which is what it should be then I will be amazed. Hopefully the club come out and clarify why they are stating 5% in emails to season ticket holders being moved while Sky and the SPFL are stating around 5%.

How are folk failing to grasp that Sky have probably played a part in this, the old firm has a reputation of one of the best derbies in the world, they'll 100% want healthy away supports at these fixtures.
I'm in favour of the decision but fcuk Sky the tv deal we have is pathetic

Don’t believe for one second we will receive any more tickets at their ground than what we will give.
When we go for the 1st game anything under 3000 should result in us cutting back on the 2500. Equal % of capacity is a must.
If we don’t stand up for our support, it’s a kick in the teeth for those getting moved.

So we bow down to their “Desperation” and it’s ok so long as you and other appeasers can get to have a jolly at the piggery, with no thought of the bears who will miss these fixtures.

Stroll on.
In a nutshell.

Sadly, I always knew our boardroom would cave in on special treatment for the other mob. Utterly predictable.

I’d actually have more respect for people who would just be honest and say it’s all about them and their personal desire to attend Parkhead.

Incidentally, I wonder what the reaction from the tramps is? Something tells me they’ll be happier with this arrangement.

That’s a totally false comparison with those grifters. How is it possible for the league or sky to enforce an allocation onto a club? It quite clearly isn’t, 800 was the regular allocation for every other club, the league wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on, legally. Ffs the tramps offered us NONE and bugger all was done. The board have crumbled and it’s despicable what they’ve done to their own fans.
Okay

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years.

I’d guess and I’d probably be right that the majority of these people being moved have only been STH’s since Gerrard came to the club (around the time the Broomloan was taken off Celtic)

So it’s not really an argument.
Well said. Season tickets were readily available before Gerrard joined but fans weren’t interested. I believe season tickets only reached current high in 2019 which was after Gerrards first season

I’d guess and I’d probably be right that the majority of these people being moved have only been STH’s since Gerrard came to the club (around the time the Broomloan was taken off Celtic)

When they got their ST doesn't matter a jot.

There were plenty who got ST's in the Broomloan Rear once the boycott ended in 2015 and Warburton took over.

Me and SDF Jr were two of them. We were lucky enough to get a move elsewhere to guarantee him a Celtic ticket(only adults in the Family Section were offered them pre 2018).

There'll be plenty of them still sitting their paying their money year in, year out that this is going to affect.

My pal has had 3 season tickets in the Family Section since 2015, their kid is now 20 and way above the juvenile age and Rangers can't move them elsewhere in the stadium because they don't have three seats together to offer them.

Now this decision is probably going to fúck them over if Rangers still can't give them three tickets together.

I get why some folk are happy but there will be a sizeable amount who will miss out, many of whom paid their ST happily during a pandemic to help the club. What a thanks this is.

Don’t believe for one second we will receive any more tickets at their ground than what we will give.
When we go for the 1st game anything under 3000 should result in us cutting back on the 2500. Equal % of capacity is a must.
If we don’t stand up for our support, it’s a kick in the teeth for those getting moved.
Totally agree mate. I have a feeling that we’ve had our pants pulled down here and we’ll be (or they’ll try to) give us the exact same, plus restricted view seats as well. Rat bastards but our board need to be stronger and realise who they represent!

When they got their ST doesn't matter a jot.

There were plenty who got ST's in the Broomloan Rear once the boycott ended in 2015 and Warburton took over.

Me and SDF Jr were two of them. We were lucky enough to get a move elsewhere to guarantee him a Celtic ticket(only adults in the Family Section were offered them pre 2018).

There'll be plenty of them still sitting their paying their money year in, year out that this is going to affect.

My pal has had 3 season tickets in the Family Section since 2015, their kid is now 20 and way above the juvenile age and Rangers can't move them elsewhere in the stadium because they don't have three seats together to offer them.

Now this decision is probably going to fúck them over if Rangers still can't give them three tickets together.

I get why some folk are happy but there will be a sizeable amount who will miss out, many of whom paid their ST happily during a pandemic to help the club. What a thanks this is.
Well said.

I'm a bit surprised people boast about having a ST longer than 2015 tbh

Although I’m for the increase in ticket allocation

I’m not so sure that our own should miss out to accommodate the Mutants without the guarantee of a seat elsewhere in the stadium

This should have been thought out more to ensure our own were not disadvantaged and potentially miss out on games against the Mutants- why should we deny them the opportunity to support Rangers against them

I say this as someone who has travelled home and away and still do for more years than I can count

I think it’s outrageous that there are people who don’t wish for our team to have a backing in our toughest game domestically. It’s insane. If that means we have to put up with a few thousand poets then so be it, it’s football for crying out loud.

Have you ever been moved?

"For me it is very positive, everyone who loves football wants two sides of fans singing against each other.

It was strange to play Celtic without our supporters in the stadium, every player and manager wants the fans at the stadium."

Well said Clement.

Which is our fault for having the smaller stadium.

I'm in full agreement. I've argued on here that Willie Waddell's 'vision' for the stadium renovation was too small.

Now, the argument has always went that crowds overall dipped in the mid 70s. Which they did. No question. There was 122,000 plus at the 73 SC final but only something like 54,000 at the 77 final.

My argument has always been that Willie Waddell regularly played in front of 60/70/80 odd thousand crowds. Then there were the cup finals.

He more than anyone should have known the potential of the Rangers support.

Waddell's 'vision' for Ibrox 50 years ago has hampered us going forward.

Rangers must now state that any damage to any seats or vandalism to Ibrox when they next visit will mean that this new ticket arrangement is declared null and void, and a subsequent vast reduction in away tickets back to 800. We must regain control of our own stadium.
What a great idea, they’ll just stay silent on that

I’m disgusted. The principle fact is that they have a much better deal than us now. They have prime viewing and TV presence. We are to have the same restricted view corner but more around towards behind the goal - and out of TV camera view. This is a HUGE victory for the bheasts. This is a HUGE climb down from Rangers. That lot will be delighted tonight. And will we still need to be at the piggery hours early? We know the answer.

I don’t understand why they would have to be in the corner and part of broomloan. Surely it would be easier to accommodate them in the crap restricted view seats in the main stand half of which are usually empty as nobody wants a ticket there

Back