Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I don’t understand why they would have to be in the corner and part of broomloan. Surely it would be easier to accommodate them in the crap restricted view seats in the main stand half of which are usually empty as nobody wants a ticket there
That would be harder to segregate wouldn’t it?

I'm in full agreement. I've argued on here that Willie Waddell's 'vision' for the stadium renovation was too small.

Now, the argument has always went that crowds overall dipped in the mid 70s. Which they did. No question. There was 122,000 plus at the 73 SC final but only something like 54,000 at the 77 final.

My argument has always been that Willie Waddell regularly played in front of 60/70/80 odd thousand crowds. Then there were the cup finals.

He more than anyone should have known the potential of the Rangers support.

Waddell's 'vision' for Ibrox 50 years ago has hampered us going forward.
Definitely mate, really annoying. They desperately need to figure out a capacity increase.

I'm in full agreement. I've argued on here that Willie Waddell's 'vision' for the stadium renovation was too small.

Now, the argument has always went that crowds overall dipped in the mid 70s. Which they did. No question. There was 122,000 plus at the 73 SC final but only something like 54,000 at the 77 final.

My argument has always been that Willie Waddell regularly played in front of 60/70/80 odd thousand crowds. Then there were the cup finals.

He more than anyone should have known the potential of the Rangers support.

Waddell's 'vision' for Ibrox 50 years ago has hampered us going forward.
Our average ( and theirs) in the 60s/70s was 25k.
All seated stadiums changed the dynamic because fans who only attended bigger matches were worried they wouldn’t get in

Based on your paranoia ?
No just an educated guess. Everything in the outlets suggest we are not asking for our allocation for the next game there (no one seems to have picked up in that), where we should still have pressed them for at least 800 tickets as per usual. Just my educated guess, from 800 to zero to 5% will become a full stand again in 2026/ 27.

When they got their ST doesn't matter a jot.

There were plenty who got ST's in the Broomloan Rear once the boycott ended in 2015 and Warburton took over.

Me and SDF Jr were two of them. We were lucky enough to get a move elsewhere to guarantee him a Celtic ticket(only adults in the Family Section were offered them pre 2018).

There'll be plenty of them still sitting their paying their money year in, year out that this is going to affect.

My pal has had 3 season tickets in the Family Section since 2015, their kid is now 20 and way above the juvenile age and Rangers can't move them elsewhere in the stadium because they don't have three seats together to offer them.

Now this decision is probably going to fúck them over if Rangers still can't give them three tickets together.

I get why some folk are happy but there will be a sizeable amount who will miss out, many of whom paid their ST happily during a pandemic to help the club. What a thanks this is.
It’s clear from the clubs statement that they’ve been pressured by sponsors, Sky and the league. Not sure how the attitude “what a thanks that is” can be directed at the club when the decision has partly been taken out of their hands?

We're talking 500, ffs.

The difference is, from the late 90s onwards, we gave them a whole stand, whilst it seemed we were stuck in a corner at the cesspit.
If it was the other way around do you think that lot would compromise and accept a poor deal. The board should only have been interested in what's good for Rangers and the support.

If we are giving them the Ibrox Euro allocation (2600) which seems to be the case given people are already getting emails telling them they will be moved then we shouldn't be accepting anything less than 3120 at the piggery.

That would be harder to segregate wouldn’t it?

They put a man on the moon 60 years ago. I’m almost certain they could erect some netting and barriers to make it happen.

I am happy with the 5.% but like every other club the away fans should be in the stadiums worst seats. In our case we should be demanding that our allocation at Celtic park is all unrestricted view if they are to get our decent seats

If they are a family, where realistically can they move to? Getting seats together elsewhere is very difficult.
Are they ? Every time folk come over from America or Australia they always seem to find them seats together. I know this because I get tickets thru one of the RSCs and have never had tickets not together and this goes back to when they had the full stand

They will eventually get the entire Broomloan Stand back again. This is only the beginning of the cave-in. Its gutting, tbh, how we've been played like a piano here. The same club who blanked us for any tickets for the piggery, while telling the media that football is nothing without fans.

Well said.

I'm a bit surprised people boast about having a ST longer than 2015 tbh
Thankfully some did buy their STs in 2014/15 season but the vast majority decided to stay away from the stadium. Once the call to boycott was raised I decided not to return to Ibrox but the club had my money

We’ll never know what would’ve happened had people not renewed; could king and co got in sooner or would the club have been in a worse position. I don’t think it’s something to be embarrassed about admitting you renewed that season. I’m glad I did looking back now, though at the time I was torn

Our average ( and theirs) in the 60s/70s was 25k.
All seated stadiums changed the dynamic because fans who only attended bigger matches were worried they wouldn’t get in

I'd argue the average att at Ibrox was more than just 25k in the 60s, but no matter.

Ibrox as it is just now is too small for a successful Rangers team.

But I don't see us increasing stadium capacity significantly anytime soon.

If it was the other way around do you think that lot would compromise and accept a poor deal. The board should only have been interested in what's good for Rangers and the support.

If we are giving them the Ibrox Euro allocation (2600) which seems to be the case given people are already getting emails telling them they will be moved then we shouldn't be accepting anything less than 3120 at the piggery.
That just isn’t going to happen, we all know this.

We had an equal amount previously, and this will be the same, percentages won’t play a part.

Totally in agreement.

I think it’s outrageous that there are people who don’t wish for our team to have a backing in our toughest game domestically. It’s insane. If that means we have to put up with a few thousand poets then so be it, it’s football for crying out loud.
That’s all good and well but some of our season ticket holders are going to miss out to accommodate a scumbag and you can guarantee that not one of that mob will be affected by this shambles of a decision. Our board have let our fans down and not for the first time.They knuts run the game its high time we wakened up to these bastards

As opposed to glass bottles being thrown at their goalkeeper and coach? Or batteries and bottles being thrown at their fans?

Our fans aren’t angels either
Home fans at both stadia have always been an issue. See Hugh Dallas, et al. That can't be changed or controlled and more than it already is.

Away fans are an entirely different issue. Maybe you can enlighten us of occasions when Rangers fans have thrown flares, bottles or anything else dangerous onto the pitch at the piggery.

Also, tell us why the second we give Terrorist FC fans an inch they won't take the mile.

This capitulation to the scum's demands will be reversed again within the year. Hopefully.

It’s clear from the clubs statement that they’ve been pressured by sponsors, Sky and the league. Not sure how the attitude “what a thanks that is” can be directed at the club when the decision has partly been taken out of their hands?

So presumably in the near future we are going to see pressure applied by sponsors, Sky and the league on Celtic to stop cheapening the biggest spectacle in Scottish football by actually calling the fixture and us by our actual names ?

That's how it works right ?

That’s all good and well but some of our season ticket holders are going to miss out to accommodate a scumbag and you can guarantee that not one of that mob will be affected by this shambles of a decision. Our board have let our fans down and not for the first time.They knuts run the game its high time we wakened up to these bastards

I don’t honestly think many if any season ticket holders will actually miss out. What will happen is that we won’t see rsc’s getting a wad of tickets.

I hate them too mate. See to be honest I think the club are at it as we never heard any moans about people missing out for big euro ties at Ibrox against Liverpool etc. They must be holding seats back to sell for offsite hospitality etc to make a few quid. I don’t buy that there isn’t enough seats to offer those affected by this, no way. Bisgrove just sees big pound signs though.

It’s the childish stamping of feet from that bastardised club that again has resulted in them getting what they want that annoys me. We offered the same as the other fans get which is reasonable they greet about it and give us zero which the 19th Century Terrorist’s SPFL allows and rewards with this 5% agreement.
These cunts are destroying Scottish football to allow that paedophile enabling bastards to do what they want.

So presumably in the near future we are going to see pressure applied by sponsors, Sky and the league on Celtic to stop cheapening the biggest spectacle in Scottish football by actually calling the fixture and us by our actual names ?

That's how it works right ?
In what sense? Calling it the Glasgow derby?

Most sky viewers won’t know how pathetic Celtic are in relation to their communications as they’ll see Sky advertising the game as the old firm

"For me it is very positive, everyone who loves football wants two sides of fans singing against each other.

It was strange to play Celtic without our supporters in the stadium, every player and manager wants the fans at the stadium."

Well said Clement.
If he were to ask ST holders affected in the Broomloan he wouldn't find his much sought after 'synergy' between the fans and club today.

We feel massively let down by the club. But as long as players and management are happy that's the main thing.

It’s the childish stamping of feet from that bastardised club that again has resulted in them getting what they want that annoys me. We offered the same as the other fans get which is reasonable they greet about it and give us zero which the 19th Century Terrorist’s SPFL allows and rewards with this 5% agreement.
These cunts are destroying Scottish football to allow that paedophile enabling bastards to do what they want.

They wanted the old 7500 whole stand and they now have a third of the allocation they had a few years ago. Hardly a big win.

100% against. Now a Rangers fan who could've seen our team play at home is missing out to a Celtic supporter coming in their place, and another Rangers supporter getting the opportunity to see Rangers twice at their expense. A victory for the selfish and people who'd rather watch two sets of fans throw fireworks at each other than a game of football.

Home fans at both stadia have always been an issue. See Hugh Dallas, et al. That can't be changed or controlled and more than it already is.

Away fans are an entirely different issue. Maybe you can enlighten us of occasions when Rangers fans have thrown flares, bottles or anything else dangerous onto the pitch at the piggery.

Also, tell us why the second we give Terrorist FC fans an inch they won't take the mile.

This capitulation to the scum's demands will be reversed again within the year. Hopefully.
There’s been incidents at Parkhead before, most notably the game that our fans completely destroyed the toilets. Normally away clubs paid the bill and it was kept quiet but Celtic broke ranks that time and made it public

There’s been stuff flung between both sets of fans any time I’ve ever been near the segregation

Tell us who the sponsors are bud, would be interesting to know, who'd rather have the Bheast fans in instead of Rangers fans

I hate them too mate. See to be honest I think the club are at it as we never heard any moans about people missing out for big euro ties at Ibrox against Liverpool etc. They must be holding seats back to sell for offsite hospitality etc to make a few quid. I don’t buy that there isn’t enough seats to offer those affected by this, no way. Bisgrove just sees big pound signs though.
I agree. Will be interesting to see if the offsite hospitality is still offered next season if it is then everyone has their answer.

For what it’s worth I don’t buy that the allocation cut wasn’t to gain money through hospitality in the first place.

I don’t honestly think many if any season ticket holders will actually miss out. What will happen is that we won’t see rsc’s getting a wad of tickets.
There’ll be no RSC allocation and I doubt there’ll be a mygers sale. I think the number missing out will be minimal

However I don’t believe any should be missing out

They wanted the old 7500 whole stand and they now have a third of the allocation they had a few years ago. Hardly a big win.
No, they wanted any number in the "Free Broomloan".

They wanted us to reverse the 800 allocation.

They have now got what they wanted.

If any Rangers supporter thinks this lot won't cite issues with the 2500 allocation and keep pushing for return to the previous arrangements they're on the deludamol.

I had said the 2500 European allocation was the logical and best solution, as someone who loved going to Parkhead to see my team win. But I had thought that meant every one of our season holders got a seat at the game. If we are denying entry to just 1 so more Celtic fans are there, then it's a bad move.
Fair comment but unfortunately there's Rangers fans who don't give a flying one about other ST holders. "Who cares if you get shafted, I'll get an away ticket!"

Clubs caved as usual.

They stamp their feet and the rest have to tolerate and adhere to them. They didn’t like the 750 so run hotshod over the rule book to which their authorities bent over and took.

What about instead of spending all their time trying to appease that 19th Century Terrorist bastards they spend some time trying to get a sponsor for next season. They are running our national game into the ground.

That just isn’t going to happen, we all know this.

We had an equal amount previously, and this will be the same, percentages won’t play a part.
I don't think it will and based on the images in this thread of what Feyenoord had there with 2700 I doubt we will even get that as the police won't allow it.

The question needs to be why have the board caved in and agreed to this. We had an open goal to make sure any return of away fans was on a fair basis and for some reason past it up.

I don’t think this’ll go past the first two games. No way Celtic will allow Rangers to have higher numbers of support at the piggery than they do at Ibrox regardless of percentage.

When they got their ST doesn't matter a jot.

There were plenty who got ST's in the Broomloan Rear once the boycott ended in 2015 and Warburton took over.

Me and SDF Jr were two of them. We were lucky enough to get a move elsewhere to guarantee him a Celtic ticket(only adults in the Family Section were offered them pre 2018).

There'll be plenty of them still sitting their paying their money year in, year out that this is going to affect.

My pal has had 3 season tickets in the Family Section since 2015, their kid is now 20 and way above the juvenile age and Rangers can't move them elsewhere in the stadium because they don't have three seats together to offer them.

Now this decision is probably going to fúck them over if Rangers still can't give them three tickets together.

I get why some folk are happy but there will be a sizeable amount who will miss out, many of whom paid their ST happily during a pandemic to help the club. What a thanks

Classic 'doesnt affect me so I don't care' attitude.

Cheap and pathetic reply IMO.
Exactly and we don't need enemies while we have that attitude within our own ranks ,god help us

No, they wanted any number in the "Free Broomloan".

They wanted us to reverse the 800 allocation.

They have now got what they wanted.

If any Rangers supporter thinks this lot won't cite issues with the 2500 allocation and keep pushing for return to the previous arrangements they're on the deludamol.

With this nonsense today, they and Sky will push for the entire Broomloan to ensure the " spectacle " returns. Its an absolute certainty.

Back