Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I'd argue the average att at Ibrox was more than just 25k in the 60s, but no matter.

Ibrox as it is just now is too small for a successful Rangers team.

But I don't see us increasing stadium capacity significantly anytime soon.
It was and it’s still never full apart from OF games or really big games.

No, they wanted any number in the "Free Broomloan".

They wanted us to reverse the 800 allocation.

They have now got what they wanted.

If any Rangers supporter thinks this lot won't cite issues with the 2500 allocation and keep pushing for return to the previous arrangements they're on the deludamol.
I agree they will likely try, but they will rightly be told to do one.

You said in your last post you also think this decision will be reversed within the year.

I’d also suggest if you really believe that you are on the deludamol.

This allocation will be here to stay.

That just isn’t going to happen, we all know this.

We had an equal amount previously, and this will be the same, percentages won’t play a part.

Following engagement with both clubs, the SPFL is pleased to confirm that Rangers FC and Celtic FC will provide ticket allocations of around 5% for away supporters, for SPFL matches between the two clubs.

They've just mentioned a percentage in their statement.

Given the first OF league game next season will be at the scum hut, Rangers need to take in the allocation we get and react accordingly for the Ibrox fixture.

That statement from the SPFL is conveniently vague as to muddy the waters and we know which club is already on the case, and it won't be us.

Following engagement with both clubs, the SPFL is pleased to confirm that Rangers FC and Celtic FC will provide ticket allocations of around 5% for away supporters, for SPFL matches between the two clubs.

Given the first OF league game next season will be at the scum hut, Rangers need to take in the allocation we get and react accordingly for the Ibrox fixture.

That statement from the SPFL is conveniently vague as to muddy the waters and we know which club is already on the case, and it won't be us.
We will do what we are told ,is that not the usual way of things.

This is exactly what will happen.

Whatever amount the beggars give us in the first game, we will reciprocate.

Will those who are forced to buy a season ticket without Celtic games be credited with 10 MyGers points ( more if we draw them in the cup)

They not only lose out on seeing Rangers play Celtic - they miss out on the MyGers points for non attendance - a double whammy
The club is booting us in the baws mate and listening to some of the comments on here regarding this change there is no doubt that some of our fans don't give a %^*& about anybody's feelings but their own

This is only the start. What happens when that mob go big time to get the full Broomloan back ?
Another SPFL change to the rules will then be incoming. These rhats are taking the piss out of us.

Voted good, even tho it directly effects my son and my brother.
Don't hold much hope in getting a ticket for the away games, but used to love going there and beating them, highlight of the season.
At least a few thousand of our fans will be able to experience that again

With this nonsense today, they and Sky will push for the entire Broomloan to ensure the " spectacle " returns. Its an absolute certainty.

There is no way rangers will do that as it means having to sell 1000s of tickets to every league game rather than selling season tickets and getting the money up front. They have clearly looked at it and realised that they can still sell nearly the same amount of season tickets and still give 5% away

No, they wanted any number in the "Free Broomloan".

They wanted us to reverse the 800 allocation.

They have now got what they wanted.

If any Rangers supporter thinks this lot won't cite issues with the 2500 allocation and keep pushing for return to the previous arrangements they're on the deludamol.
Rodgers is already making noises today about a return to ‘how it used to be’.

"The aim at Celtic was never to change it, so if we can get back to what it was before it was changed then that would be absolutely great news for everyone."

I don’t understand why they would have to be in the corner and part of broomloan. Surely it would be easier to accommodate them in the crap restricted view seats in the main stand half of which are usually empty as nobody wants a ticket there
Surely it would’ve been easier and less disruptive to put them in BF1/2 and BR1/2. Would that not have meant less seats were needed for segregation too?

There is no way rangers will do that as it means having to sell 1000s of tickets to every league game rather than selling season tickets and getting the money up front. They have clearly looked at it and realised that they can still sell nearly the same amount of season tickets and still give 5% away
That mob will gnaw away like a cancer on this issue. They will never let this go until the old allocation is back.
2,500 of the pondlife are back in our stadium and the rest will follow in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: VGM
Surely it would’ve been easier and less disruptive to put them in BF1/2 and BR1/2. Would that not have meant less seats were needed for segregation too?
That’s what someone with a brain would do. Instead they will have segregation on both sides. As you say you could easily put them where the ub are and in the crap seats in the enclosure. After the game all they need to do is make them wait half an hour and match them through the gate

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin
I was one of them and don’t remember the kick up back then.

That’s actually a great idea. Or better still put them in the corner of the enclosure. Move all away fans to there. Less seats used up as segregation. Might see a few hundred more Rangers fans.

I agree they will likely try, but they will rightly be told to do one.

You said in your last post you also think this decision will be reversed within the year.

I’d also suggest if you really believe that you are on the deludamol.

This allocation will be here to stay.
I'd agree the numbers are here to stay but I'd hope the location is not. The experiment this season to use the club deck was a good one IMO and it makes it easier to adjust numbers game by game with less seats lost to segregation. Still leaves the problem that some st holders will not get to the big games though

Don’t/still don’t want them near Ibrox.This nonsense about away fans should always be there .Argentina ,Brazil and several other. S.A countries no fans .Sure Italy and Spain and other European countries banned away fans especially Red Star vs Partizan.Poor decision in my book from a board that was doing well.

Don’t/still don’t want them near Ibrox.This nonsense about away fans should always be there .Argentina ,Brazil and several other. S.A countries no fans .Sure Italy and Spain and other European countries banned away fans especially Red Star vs Partizan.Poor decision in my book from a board that was doing well.
Bisgrove doesn't care. He isn't a Rangers man. How he is still in the position he is after his lies and behaviour beggar's belief. Our board are weak as piss

Aye imagine being upset at missing the biggest game of the season on you ST, how selfish.
Tell you what mate. If you want to goto the Piggery give up your Ibrox ticket for those that'll miss out. You won't though
Well 1, it doesn't work like that.
2, I have had a ST in the BF under the old allocation, it's just one of these things.
3, I'm not having a go at folk for being upset by the news, it's a sh*te one for them & I hope that there is a compromise to suit them but you can't just skew the argument to just say 'my side is selfless & yours is selfish'. It's clear that folk have got personal motivations behind both arguments.

Last edited:
F*cking hell. No disrespect mate, honestly, but let's just say that's highly optimistic. Ask anyone who's been on the Waiting List for a Season Ticket with two seats together how near impossible it is. Then ask how we are going to relocate all those Parent and Child seats in the Family Stand impacted by this decision.

I think the decision is wrong based on my assumption that many will miss out. If Rangers can guarantee that will not be the case then I am happy to change my mind. Their email today suggests I won't be changing my mind.
VB, I think it is highly likely that all season ticket holders will be able to be relocated if they choose that option.
There are approximately 1800 season ticket holders impacted by this change.
Some of these will choose to remain in their current seats and miss the 2 old firm games.
Since the move won’t take place until next season the seats in the rest of stadium not renewed will be available to those relocating. Each season between 1k and 2k don’t renew and this gives more flexibility for seats together for those relocating.
The agreement is for 5% so we will definitely get more tickets than them. I understand the scepticism but the first game is at the piggery so if we don’t get 3000 they won’t get 2500.

Sick and tired of these cunts running football and getting goalposts moved to suit their agendas.

Instigated a refs strike over criticism of refs.

Exclude our fans from their shitehole but demand and get tickets for ours.

Brenda gets a reduced ban for same,allowing him in dugout out for game v us

Same corrupt refs/var combining to aid them to win the league.

Biggest sex abuse scandal in world sport covered up and our governing body says and does %^*& all.

The list is fucking endless ,time for our board to fight fire with fire ,demand sporting integrity or demand that people are removed from post.

Back