Concession to full adult

TommyC

Official Ticketer
I think I’ve just missed out on a Madrid ticket due to this not being a straightforward process? So I don’t waste anyone else’s time and put myself forward for people advertising concessions (adult concessions) is this a really difficult process?

I felt a bit hopeless I couldn’t talk the guy through it as I’m not sure how it’s done.

Phone the ticket office
Pay for upgrade
They will reissue the code

It's as simple as that mate.

Is that something I do as the buyer then yeah?
The guy who's ticket it is originally would need to do it.

He phones up and says he wants to upgrade concession to adult.

The ticket office does the upgrade and he pays.

Then he sells the ticket to you.

(Unless there is a new way to transfer tickets between customer numbers that I am not aware of and even if there is it would be up to the original ticket holder to call them up to do that.)

I’ll be honest I’m pretty gutted I’ve missed out on the ticket for what should be something really easy to do. Dad is coming from Montrose as he has one in the ballot, would have been nice to get a day at the game together.

I’ll be honest I’m pretty gutted I’ve missed out on the ticket for what should be something really easy to do. Dad is coming from Montrose as he has one in the ballot, would have been nice to get a day at the game together.
How do you mean 'missed out' mate? Do you have the 105 code in your purchase history allocating you a ticket? If so, with some perseverance, you should get a ticket.

How do you mean 'missed out' mate? Do you have the 105 code in your purchase history allocating you a ticket? If so, with some perseverance, you should get a ticket.
Nah I didn’t get any luck from the ballot. A bear on here was selling one which I snapped up in what must have been 30 seconds but he couldn’t get it upgraded to full adult and I didn’t want to have him go to any bother quite honestly either. My old man who’s coming over is 62 so I was half tempted to swap with him, but it would be just my luck that he’d be caught out (and rightly so obviously - for not being over 65 haha)

a few seasons ago a chap in my masonic gave me his ticket but i had to change from concession to adult.

Went to ticket office, the guy was a total bastard. First off when i told him what i wanted he said no, i asked why and he asked me 'where did you really get the ticket?', explained to him and he tutted then done nothing, he just sat there.

i asked to speak to someone else and he grumped 'its a hassle'. Presses about 4 buttons and that was it, over with. I've never came across someone so unhelpful.

Good luck. The qr codes and mobile ticketing is great step forward but stuff like this should be simple. The wait time to be confronted with no actual ticket possibilities needs looked at as well.

I was wanting to do same, phoned ticket office with no luck, so emailed them instead. Still waiting on a reply.

looks like I’ll need to chance it

Braver men than me trying to get in as an Adult on a Child ticket. Weren’t the Club clamping down on that when we last had crowds in?

There’s a guy on the other ticket Madrid thread looking for the opposite I think?

With the shambles around these tickets. I would have absolutely no qualms in using a concession or a juvenile ticket for myself.

I was wanting to do same, phoned ticket office with no luck, so emailed them instead. Still waiting on a reply.

looks like I’ll need to chance it
Did the same as my Dad can't use his concession ticket now so has given me it.

Just said in the email to the ticket office I'm quite happy to pay the extra and to charge me whenever they can even if it's after the game.

What else can you do?

After a season of paying for a ticket with no entry i don't think anyone would begrudge your Dad using a concession ticket on a one off
I just didn’t want to take any chances he’s coming from Montrose so if they did knock him back then I’d need to give him his ticket back then I’d miss out. All worked out in the end.

In this day of age with even call centres functioning from home, why are we running with no phones?!

It’s got zero to do with covid & everything to do with cost cutting!

Back