Congratulations from CSKA Sofia

The ones who show no class, F--K them I dont care, I like the most of us were brought up to respect our opponents, and to give respect to winners and losers, at the same time, but as society has evolved the hate filled scum have come to the fore, we have a war on our hands, and most of us don't even know we are in it.

Are we still stuck on congratulations from one Scottish club?

Someone with more time than me has surely compared to how many congratulated Celtic for years on end. We all know we aren’t liked but when clubs can’t even put on a face of diplomacy we know how deep that hatred goes.

Who is the club who congratulated us mate?

Does anyone know the current situation?

From what I understand CSKA Sofia had some financial problems which resulted in two clubs being formed. The one sitting 2nd in the league bought over two clubs, merged them, took the crest and stadium of the original CSKA Sofia and remained in the top flight. Seems to be allegations of corruption in this deal.

The secondary club was started in the bottom leagues and founded just 4 years ago with pretty much nothing and in the top league. They are the club who wrote to us.

Who do the original CSKA Sofia fans support?

Well they are on the pre season friendly invite list going forward.

A very well written and complimentary letter

Such a classy letter respecting the achievement of another club.
Other than from Peterhead such a tribute would not be forthcoming from a club in our home nation. It’s sad really.

From what I understand CSKA Sofia had some financial problems which resulted in two clubs being formed. The one sitting 2nd in the league bought over two clubs, merged them, took the crest and stadium of the original CSKA Sofia and remained in the top flight. Seems to be allegations of corruption in this deal.

The secondary club was started in the bottom leagues and founded just 4 years ago with pretty much nothing and in the top league. They are the club who wrote to us.

Great letter.
Class to see clubs across Europe acknowledging what an unbelievable achienvment this is for our club

Don't think it matters too much to them but most of the CSKA fans favour the rotten mob I think due to Stilian Petrov playing for them.
I've had an apartment in Bulgaria for 15/16 years & the Levski fans are more likely to favour us .
They are football daft over there & surprised me with their knowledge of the history of Scottish & English game.
The guy who runs the bar in our complex is a Levski fan but will always put the Rangers games on for me, ironically the bar is called Father Ted's & is owned by an Irish guy.
In Sunny Beach, Goldies bar is well known to a few posters on here & Evo runs that place, he is Rangers daft & almost every year he comes over to Scotland to catch a few games.
A smashing guy & in the boozer he has some memorabilia from the " Bristol Bar".
Really missed not getting over last year

Don't think it matters too much to them but most of the CSKA fans favour the rotten mob I think due to Stilian Petrov playing for them.
I've had an apartment in Bulgaria for 15/16 years & the Levski fans are more likely to favour us .
They are football daft over there & surprised me with their knowledge of the history of Scottish & English game.
The guy who runs the bar in our complex is a Levski fan but will always put the Rangers games on for me, ironically the bar is called Father Ted's & is owned by an Irish guy.
In Sunny Beach, Goldies bar is well known to a few posters on here & Evo runs that place, he is Rangers daft & almost every year he comes over to Scotland to catch a few games.
A smashing guy & in the boozer he has some memorabilia from the " Bristol Bar".
Really missed not getting over last year

Do you say that because of the blue shirts as well? I went in 99 and 03 and found CSKA and Levski were dominated by the colour of their shirts and following Clubs who also wore it. CSKA being Liverpool and Levski Chelsea for example.

Full nameFootball Club Central Sports Club of the Army 1948 Sofia
Nickname(s)Червените (The Reds)
Founded19 July 2016[1]
GroundVasil Levski National Stadium, Sofia
Capacity44,000
OwnerFC CSKA 1948 Association

Full nameProfessional Football Club CSKA Sofia
Nickname(s)Армейците (The Аrmy)
Червените (The Reds)
Short nameCSKA
Founded5 May 1948; 72 years ago
GroundBulgarian Army Stadium
Capacity22,995
ShareholdersGrisha Ganchev (38.5%)
Yulian Indzhov (38.5%)
Hristo Stoichkov (20.0%)

Taken from wiki.Pinchofsalt.com

That's a lovely gesture.

Recieving congratulations from outside our own country is always welcome and goes to show how this great old institution of ours is still held in high regard around the world.

All this is very confusing.

The original CSKA went bust and CSKA Sofia were then formed after merging with another club.

Former legends and supported weren’t happy so formed CSKA Sofia 1948 - the club that sent us the letter.

I think I’ve got that right?

The original CSKA went bust and CSKA Sofia were then formed after merging with another club.

Former legends and supported weren’t happy so formed CSKA Sofia 1948 - the club that sent us the letter.

I the simple way to look at it is they were fucked over by arsehole owners and the fans made their own club which is rising through the divisions.

Fair play to them.

What an excellent letter and fine example of true sportsmanship.
Clubs here should look and learn how to show some class.

I the simple way to look at it is they were fucked over by arsehole owners and the fans made their own club which is rising through the divisions.

Fair play to them.
The video u sent in what club is that?

Sofia or Sofia 1948?

Do you say that because of the blue shirts as well? I went in 99 and 03 and found CSKA and Levski were dominated by the colour of their shirts and following Clubs who also wore it. CSKA being Liverpool and Levski Chelsea for example.
That seems to be true. Levski fans have close links to Lazio (politically as well), Deportivo,... who all play in blue as well.

Battered my head when I tried to understand it a while ago.

This has an article and a video on it all. Pretty sure the CSKA 1948 aren't that well supported compared to CSKA.

That seems to be true. Levski fans have close links to Lazio (politically as well), Deportivo,... who all play in blue as well.
I couldn't see them getting on with Deportivo mind on the Politics front. You mean La Coruna don't you?

I couldn't see them getting on with Deportivo mind on the Politics front. You mean La Coruna don't you?

Nah sorry, I saw a picture of 'Deportivo' fans at a Levski game a while ago so looked it up. Turns out they're Espanyol fans with a 'Deportivo Espanyol' banner. :D

For what it's worth: I really like the letter, it shows tremendous respect but I don't really think we should be associated with any of them, whether it's CSKA, Levski or CSKA 1948.

These are all clubs with a huge racism issue and I'm not talking some stuff that might be misinterpreted, we're talking full on Nazi flags and banners in the stands.

Few years ago I was in Silistra, celebrating my birthday in a hotel bar.

There were very few other guests and the bar staff were all CSKA fans, they were actually quite knowledgeable about Scotland and it's football (Petrov) but they agreed to support Rangers if I would support CSKA. I had an old top with me and it was put on display behind the bar.

A great night and obviously a cool story bro. :cool:

No not really it's just the locals I have got to know over the years, but what you say makes sense.
Malina a bar in the centre of SB just off the strip has a big signed photo of Petrov inside & the owners & staff would rather the rotten mob win.
However many a European night I've watched in there when we play & its like the Louden , business is business over there.

Bulgarian football seems to have the honour of the most corrupt league in Europe.
A club from Razgrad with a population of only 35,000 ,thats only 3% of Sofia have been ruling the roost for the past 10 years or so.
Ludogorets are run by the major players in Bulgarian politics and are the most hated in Bulgaria.

CSKA a proper club has been through the mill and can only hope ,like us ,that they reach the top again.

Back