Connor Goldson

CaptainCourageous

The most improved player in Scottish football.

Always been a solid defender but lacked concentration and was prone to daft errors.

The levels he’s reached this season, his form, consistency, discipline and leadership has been second to none. He’s worked on every area of his game and we are all being rewarded. Even his composure when attacking a ball inside the opposition’s box has improved by a considerable amount. He cant

He’s just turned 28. A cracking big central defender who can play, assist, score, communicate and lead by example. An absolute credit to himself and the club and the management team have worked their wonders.

He's been tremendous all season. Both in and out of possession.

Think today was his 36th game of the season and has been consistent throughout.

He had time out with his health problems and it's taken him a season to play at a good standard. His heading has improved and is a goal threat at corners and free kicks.

I like Balogun, but I reckon Helander and Goldson are far and away our best CB pairing.

It's not just about the individual performance levels for me. When you compare Helander & Balogun's performances for us there's probably not much in it. But when Helander plays the back 4 just looks more comfortable to me.

"Every picture tells a story"

0_Celtic-v-Rangers-Scottish-Premiership-Celtic-Park.jpg

A quick look at the body language tells you who the Daddy is.

Goldson and Helander should be our first choice CB pairing for the rest of the season.

I really like Balogun who has been great since he arrived (so much so that I would absolutely give him another year) but Helander really gives us that extra bit of solidity at the back. Great options there

He’s featured in 142 of Gerrard’s 150 games according to the radio.
That’s a tremendous stat.

I don’t want to tempt fate but his condition and fitness along with strength is that of an elite professional.

I know some feel he may move on but I really believe he and his family are settled here. He’s one of the first names on the team sheet, fit, healthy, admired, in the peak of his career and is about to add a league title winners medal with Rangers to his CV. There’s also the chance to compete at Champions League level.

Always been a solid defender but lacked concentration and was prone to daft errors.

The levels he’s reached this season, his form, consistency, discipline and leadership has been second to none. He’s worked on every area of his game and we are all being rewarded. Even his composure when attacking a ball inside the opposition’s box has improved by a considerable amount. He cant

He’s just turned 28. A cracking big central defender who can play, assist, score, communicate and lead by example. An absolute credit to himself and the club and the management team have worked their wonders.

A fantastic leader and defender, who is probably the biggest threat we've had in opposition boxes since Gough.

Most improved player is doing him a huge disservice in my opinion

He’s always been a very good player and this season having a great season

I don’t think it does. It’s credit to the hard work, desire and commitment he’s shown to become the player he has. His game this season is levels above the previous two.

I don’t think it does. It’s credit to the hard work, desire and commitment he’s shown to become the player he has. His game this season is levels above the previous two.
I totally understand what you’re saying but I’ve always felt most improved was for someone who was pretty shit before then got better

A fantastic leader and defender, who is probably the biggest threat we've had in opposition boxes since Gough.

That is a big shout, and not one I'd disagree with. Perhaps worth its own thread.

Andrews, Kyrgiakos etc. had a bigger presence but Goldson's movement is exceptional and you can tell its something he's really worked hard at with the coaching team.

A proper leader, as evidenced by the fact he's still screaming at his teammates to press while we're 5 up with a few minutes to play. That's how a proper Rangers defender operates.

I totally understand what you’re saying but I’ve always felt most improved was for someone who was pretty shit before then got better

I don’t think there is a player in Scottish football that has improved his all round game (in every aspect possible) than Goldson.

He’s gone from the best central defender in Scotland to someone way ahead of the rest.

He’s cut out some errors from his game and his passing range has improved significantly. He’s an absolute rock for us. Looking forward to seeing the big man lift the trophy

Doesn’t get the credit he deserves, the captain without the armband. The desire and drive comes from him, he and the rest are only a few weeks away from immortality

I don’t think there is a player in Scottish football that has improved his all round game (in every aspect possible) than Goldson.

He’s gone from the best central defender in Scotland to someone way ahead of the rest.
Can’t argue with that

I’ve always rated him as top class but not he’s proving it to everyone

what a player, what a leader

We have Captains all over the park. Tav, Goldson, Jack, Arfield, Borna. all leaders and motivators

Back