Conte or Tuchel. The better manager?

Who is the better manager

• Antonio Conte

Votes: 186 66.7%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 93 33.3%

• Total voters
Conte. Be interesting to see how Tuchel fairs here as he was the best manager in the world on here not so long ago.:))

Conte however I don't think he will have longevity at any club he goes to. Also loves to ruffle the feathers of the board he works under.

Tuchel done well to win Chelsea the champions league but has a great squad. Don't remember him doing that much at Dortumund and PSG?

Get a feeling that Conte peaked with Juve about 10 years ago and is on a Mourinho like rollercoaster now, Tuchel doesn't feel like he's peaked yet.

I would go Tuchel at this point in time. Tough choice though as overall Conte edges him slightly I think in honours won and achievements.

Tuchel for me, just won the champions league and he’s comfortably in the top 5 coaches in the world. Conte is great but for me the thing that wins it for tuchel is that he’s a lot more flexible tactically throughout his career, whereas conte is a lot more rigid.

On top of that conte’s record in Europe is pretty pish iirc.

Conte however I don't think he will have longevity at any club he goes to. Also loves to ruffle the feathers of the board he works under.

Tuchel done well to win Chelsea the champions league but has a great squad. Don't remember him doing that much at Dortumund and PSG?
At PSG he managed to get put out the Champions League by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Quality manager but feel like he somehow universally became the best thing ever as soon as he won the champions league for Chelsea, but I mean Roberto Di Matteo also won it for Chelsea.

I’m going Conte anyway, I think he’s brilliant, as a manager and as a mad but likeable bastard.

Last edited:
Get a feeling that Conte peaked with Juve about 10 years ago and is on a Mourinho like rollercoaster now, Tuchel doesn't feel like he's peaked yet.

I would go Tuchel at this point in time. Tough choice though as overall Conte edges him slightly I think in honours won and achievements.
I might be wrong but has Conte not won the league with Inter and Chelsea in the past 10 year.

Conte, and it's not particularly close. The work he does and how quickly he implements it is incredible.

Started the Juventus Serie A domination (they finished 7th the season before he arrived), done a brilliant job with a very mediocre Italy squad, cantered the Premier League against Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho and Poch with Chelsea (finished 10th the previous season), then returned to Italy, rebuilt Inter and dominantly ended the Juve dominance he started a decade earlier.

He's the best in football.

Load of shite in one post

Teuchel.

Conte is decent but ends up running his players in to the ground and getting resented.

Teuchel has been unlucky this season with injuries and covid screwing up his plans several times.
Do you not think he is quite a negative manager? More a Jose type than a Pep type manager?

Do you not think he is quite a negative manager? More a Jose type than a Pep type manager?
The pace Chelsea play at with everyone fit is incredible.

But then Chelsea played some great stuff under Jose at times too.

Having a strong defence is ok by me.

TT team the full backs are wing backs and key to attacking play but both great players injured so system currently goosed

The pace Chelsea play at with everyone fit is incredible.

But then Chelsea played some great stuff under Jose at times too.

Having a strong defence is ok by me.

TT team the full backs are wing backs and key to attacking play but both great players injured so system currently goosed

That sounds like it describes Contes Chelsea team perfectly as well :D

Conte easily for me.

Tuchel’s brilliant, but he’s already knee deep into his ‘start well, fall out with everyone, then fall apart’ cycle at Chelsea that he’s went through in every job.

Also took them to the final.

Conte's record in the CL is dreadful. Finished bottom of his group with Inter last season with Inter behind Borussia Monchengladbach and Shaktar.
He did, although all he had to do was negotiate his way past Dortmund, Atalanta and then Leipzig to get to the final, only to fall in the final to the first real quality side they’d met in the KO stage. You won’t see many easier routes to the final for a squad worth that much tbh. As someone else says he had PSG 3rd in a one horse race when they finally gave him the boot.

He did, although all he had to do was negotiate his way past Dortmund, Atalanta and then Leipzig to get to the final, only to fall in the final to the first real quality side they’d met in the KO stage. You won’t see many easier routes to the final for a squad worth that much tbh. As someone else says he had PSG 3rd in a one horse race when they finally gave him the boot.

They topped their qualifying group against Real Madrid hammering them at home and drawing in the Bernabeau. I don't really believe in easy routes to the CL final, Leipzig and Atalanta were performing better than traditional big name clubs at the time.

He did (they were a point behind the leaders at the time) but you made a point about him losing an arbitrary CL game which isn't a good argument for Conte as his record in the CL is far worse. League performances is actually a relevant argument to saying Conte is better not a game against Solskjaer. For example, Guardiola has a 50:50 record against Solskjaer, that doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
They topped their qualifying group against Real Madrid hammering them at home and drawing in the Bernabeau. I don't really believe in easy routes to the CL final, Leipzig and Atalanta were performing better than traditional big name clubs at the time.

He did but you made a point about him losing an arbitrary CL game which isn't a good argument for Conte as his record in the CL is far worse. League performances is actually a relevant argument to saying Conte is better not a game against Solskjaer. For example, Guardiola has a 50:50 record against Solskjaer, that doesn't mean anything.
Yeah but topping their qualifying group isn’t exactly a great metric for gauging a coaches quality either though is it, you’ve just got to get out the group which 50% of the sides in each group do. There are no easy games in the CL, but there are easier games and you can for sure get far more favourable routes. Bayern had to go past Chelsea and Barca. Bayern were also managed by a guy I’m betting most casual football fans couldn’t even name now. I reckon you can get quite a bit of luck in cup football, I mean as I said, Di Matteo is a CL conquering manager, Avram Grant was a Terry slip away from being one too. It’s hard to get lucky over a 38 game season which is maybe why people are voting Conte.

Add to that Guardiola’s record vs Ole is made up of league matches of which City ain’t always had to win, I’m sure in some cases they were already free and clear in the league, not quite the same as the KO stages of the CL where you have to get the result and don’t. So it’s not really comparable. But I wasn’t saying Conte’s a better coach because Tuchel got papped oot by Ole, it was more about the pedestal Tuchel’s been put on since winning the CL, and how it was maybe a bit premature, especially with how the wheels have come off their league campaign already this season, and with how poorly his final season in France went. Bit long winded, but just getting my opinion across.

Conte has only ever reached the QF of champions league whilst tuchel has won it and has a runners up as well. I’m saying that is still rather have conte as manager :))

Back