Cooper free kick vs Hibs - 85/86 season

Cup tie second leg? Think we still went out. Great goal. Why am I getting video unavailable on a lot of posts these days?

Cup tie second leg? Think we still went out. Great goal. Why am I getting video unavailable on a lot of posts these days?

We lost 2-0 in the first leg, McCoist missed a penalty. I’m sure away goals counted double in those days too, although I could be wrong.
Hibs brought a pretty big support that night, they were delayed on the way through and most of them never got in until just before half time. I’m sure they had the whole of the Broomloan that night.

We lost 2-0 in the first leg, McCoist missed a penalty. I’m sure away goals counted double in those days too, although I could be wrong.
Hibs brought a pretty big support that night, they were delayed on the way through and most of them never got in until just before half time. I’m sure they had the whole of the Broomloan that night.
They did have the Broomloan that night. Mind you we had stacks of bears in the home areas at ER the week before. I got to walk round the track and into the Gers end long with many other bears. Good games, nice memories.

They did, yes.

I've said on here before that it's a better free kick than the one v the Sheep in October 1987.

A free kick not only hit with ferocious power but with pin point accuracy and curl as well. He couldn't have gotten it any more in the top corner if he tried.

It's a stunning piece of skill.

Alan Rough
I might be wrong but I thought McCoist hit the post with that penalty. Bear's end was crowded that night at Easter road. The great days of being pissed on by our own fans!
I was in the east enclosure for the return - can still vividly hear Coop's shot hitting the net!! What a strike.

Back