Copland Stand finally getting a clean

It looks far better than being bare though.
Far better than the away corner

Respectfully have to disagree.

I mentioned on the megastore refit thread that those banners remind me of what Ashley would drape over one of his sweatshops. And as tacky as what the Tims currently have camoflaging the rusting exterior of their kip.

I personally cringe at the sight of them. Less is more.

I have been pathetically driving down to the stadium every few days (live 5 mins from the stadium) because I have been missing going to the football so much, will have a good look when I am down later today or tomorrow.

See if you can find out what team team the guy with the pressure washer supports

I assume the old cladding at the rear of the Broomloan and Copland Stands will also be getting replaced after the summer and not just pressure washed once the sides are done?

See to be honest, I would actually like to see the Copland, Broomloan and Govan stands given a modern facelift with cladding of some sorts. Naturally the main stand is iconic, but I think the other stands just look very dated now. More so if we are giving Edmiston house a complete modern makeover.

Would also like to see work done on the footpaths around the stadium.

See to be honest, I would actually like to see the Copland, Broomloan and Govan stands given a modern facelift with cladding of some sorts. Naturally the main stand is iconic, but I think the other stands just look very dated now. More so if we are giving Edmiston house a complete modern makeover.

Would also like to see work done on the footpaths around the stadium.

I really hope, as part of the overall improvements, a fresh tarmac of the stadium surrounds takes place. In particular, the shabby, potholed area at the Copland end is a total eyesore.

I do, however, have faith that this will be taken care of as part of the proposed Copland Walkway. Imaginative, mood-enhanced lighting, new landscaped area with seating, some cycle racks etc... how great would that be?

I’d like to see the brick work be redone on all stands except the main of course. The brown bricks are dead drab and dreary looking, buildings look like any other office building from the late 80s early 90s. A charcoal grey kind of colour with the new tarmac and new LED lighting would look superb I think.

I was at the stadium on sunday.

They have finally finished replacing the old yellow cladding on the side of the Broomloan/ Copland.. god knows why they only half done it last year.

I have absolutely no idea why the guys were up on the cherry picker at the Copland, it literally looks the same with the yellow cladding and dirty looking concrete.

No idea mate.

Those 3 stands might have been best in class at the time they were built but bloody hell they've aged badly.
Honestly think if we done some sort of brick cladding and jet washed that concrete it would look night and day compared to now.

I was at the stadium on sunday.

They have finally finished replacing the old yellow cladding on the side of the Broomloan/ Copland.. god knows why they only half done it last year.

I have absolutely no idea why the guys were up on the cherry picker at the Copland, it literally looks the same with the yellow cladding and dirty looking concrete.
I’m sure it was only the inside back panels still to be replaced , are these now done

I’m sure the other half of the yellow side cladding will be done this summer, big difference to do this part vs the section already done is scaffold is needed to do it where as the first sections already done could be accessed from a cherry picker MEWP.

EDIT just noticed above post saying they are now done.

Last edited:
I just want the supporting beam above the main stand to finally get a wash/paint. Its been my biggest bugbear stadium-wise for the last 5 years.

Only overtaken recently by the queues to get into GE3 since the new turnstiles came in.

I’d guess cladding the exterior would cost well into seven figures. Now is nowhere near the time to even think about it.

Pictures released by Rangers today show that the inner cladding of the Copland and Broomloan are still to be finished.
The only benefit of bcd will be it allows more time for works to be done.

I just want the supporting beam above the main stand to finally get a wash/paint. Its been my biggest bugbear stadium-wise for the last 5 years.

Only overtaken recently by the queues to get into GE3 since the new turnstiles came in.
Won’t get done. The folk that pay for it don’t have to look at it. Apart from George Letham

There's been a lot of god awful superficial touches to the stadium in recent years.

Perhaps controversial, but the "Sandy Jardine Stand" lettering has to go. It looks way too busy having it repeated twice, not to mention the "Rangers FC" text.

No idea if it's still there, but the Broxi Bear family stand sign. Jesus wept. Like something you'd expect from Wigan or the likes.

The cladding is rank but I understand why they installed it.

There's been a lot of god awful superficial touches to the stadium in recent years.

Perhaps controversial, but the "Sandy Jardine Stand" lettering has to go. It looks way too busy having it repeated twice, not to mention the "Rangers FC" text.

No idea if it's still there, but the Broxi Bear family stand sign. Jesus wept. Like something you'd expect from Wigan or the likes.

The cladding is rank but I understand why they installed it.
There was nothing wrong with the original rangers fc text. It was a much nicer font. Its like they've replaced it with a cheaper version.

It's pretty clear the list of jobs needing done is extensive, expensive and deep-rooted - faded seats, damaged brickwork, cracked paving, faded cladding, rusty iron-work, disintegrating footpaths, worn cladding, ageing concrete, faded paintwork, etc. Giving the exterior a blast with a jet spray will achieve very little. The stadium needs extensive refurbishment and renovation.

It's pretty clear the list of jobs needing done is extensive, expensive and deep-rooted - faded seats, damaged brickwork, cracked paving, faded cladding, rusty iron-work, disintegrating footpaths, worn cladding, ageing concrete, faded paintwork, etc. Giving the exterior a blast with a jet spray will achieve very little. The stadium needs extensive refurbishment and renovation.
The works planned over the next 2 close seasons can be done before crowds return to Ibrox if the finances are available now.
Easily 10 years of neglecting any stadium would take its toll.

I’d guess cladding the exterior would cost well into seven figures. Now is nowhere near the time to even think about it.
Stewart Robertson already confirmed the outer stands are to get a refresh when he was confirming the project 2022 details

Reactions: LD5
The works planned over the next 2 close seasons can be done before crowds return to Ibrox if the finances are available now.
Easily 10 years of neglecting any stadium would take its toll.
Yep - but we should definitely be channeling a portion of the ST / Castore / MyGers / Hospitality / Pools / Merchandising money towards a renovation kitty. The longer we leave it, the more expensive the final repair bill will become. If we don't start contingency planning, we'll end up with an irreparable situation.

Yep - but we should definitely be channeling a portion of the ST / Castore / MyGers / Hospitality / Pools / Merchandising money towards a renovation kitty. The longer we leave it, the more expensive the final repair bill will become. If we don't start contingency planning, we'll end up with an irreparable situation.
How about an 1872 project

Back