Cortes injury

Anyone else feel like things would’ve been a lot different if we didn’t lose Cortes to injury?, feels like we have been on the downward spiral since his absence

Think we lost a lot of dynamism when he was injured. He looked direct and brave on the ball. Looked to have aggression about him as well when winning the ball back. The kind of leading by example you want to see.

I think there is an issue where some of our players can only really play one style or shape, and totally go to pot when it is changed.

If everyone was fit, I still think there would only be 3, maybe 4 changes.

Think we lost a lot of dynamism when he was injured. He looked direct and brave on the ball. Looked to have aggression about him as well when winning the ball back. The kind of leading by example you want to see.

This, we've lost a lot of drive and dig with injuries to key players, first Sima, then Cortez, Yilmaz and Diomande, on top of a lot of their replacements being injured too.

Supporters are ignoring these factors to have a go at the squad and Clement.
It's been a nightmare season injury wise.

Season is not over.

To an extent. I think our problems are much more fundamental.

We are toothless in midfield. Everything we do involves a long ball over the top or depends on our full backs getting up the park. We can't hold possession in the middle of the park and drive attacking play from there. Diomande was giving us something there and now he's out.

With a knackered Tav and no decent LB, we are left with very little in terms of creativity going forwards.

injuries have hammered us all season

Danilo - paciest, big price striker - out twice
Cortes - pace and drive
Ridvan - transforms left side with speed and movement
Sima - pace and goals
McCausland - pace and drive
even Diomande - quick movement of ball and some pace
McCausland though is getting into that bad habit of coming inside beating a man and just laying the ball back taking the safe option instead of driving at defences

Need to start employing some double think as a support, anybody looks decent just tell ourselves he’s shite.

Seems we get a glimmer of hope with a player and he’s injured, then doesn’t come back the same. If we think players are shite though they’re never injured.

The biggest issue is that when he got injured we had to turn to silva who is just mince, offers absolutely nothing. Cortes looked threatening and direct, the opposite of what silva is.

I think Sima being out was a bigger miss, but we didn’t feel as bad as Cortes showed up well when he arrived.

The biggest issue is that when he got injured we had to turn to silva who is just mince, offers absolutely nothing. Cortes looked threatening and direct, the opposite of what silva is.
To be fair to silva he isn’t a winger, I really can’t understand why clement has started him the last 2 games after his performance against celtic

This, we've lost a lot of drive and dig with injuries to key players, first Sima, then Cortez, Yilmaz and Diomande, on top of a lot of their replacements being injured too.

Supporters are ignoring these factors to have a go at the squad and Clement.
It's been a nightmare season injury wise.

Season is not over.
We seem to have season after season beset with nightmare injury lists?
Investigation needed I think, I to that whole side of things. We won't win leagues if every season, swathes of our squad are out injured for months in end.

Injuries haven’t helped at all but for me the recent collapse is down to the mentality of the main experienced players in the squad.

Cortes then McCausland then Ridvan then Diomande.

Any players showing a bit of promise have fell by the wayside.

It’s been a hell of a season

Cortes and McAusland the two direct runners that even if they don’t take their man on directly they will carry the ball which changes the picture. The team we have right now is crammed full of pass and stand/watch players.

I’m not even sure either are great players tbh but they make us one hell of a lot less predictable.

Comes in does well, goes off injured next picture we see is him in a hospital bed saying operation a success.

The most rangers entrance ever!! So frustrating

He looked promising but he wouldn’t have solved the shambles at the back, the midfield downing tools or the fact we have a number 9 who has the touch of an elephant and misses way more than he scores.

You mean Raskin then Danillo then Sima then Cortes then McCausland then Ridvan then Diomande

Worst season I can remember for injuries

Worst since last season anyway where we were without our 4 first choice centre halves for a spell.

We have the worst luck. The likes of Sima getting called up to AFCON and doing his hammy in training and Yilmaz being a very late call up to a Turkey squad and proceeding to get injured.

Not seen enough of him to know if he would have made the difference or not but his absence certainly hasn’t helped the manager when it comes to team selection.

certainly would have given us a bit more threat upfront, but the problems with our static midfield and our backline conceding cheap goals on a seemingly weekly basis ,would still remain

Do we even know what his injury is?

He was galavanting around london the other day according to his instagram
Tbh don’t think Rangers and take the chance and the option to buy when he has been out for months and we have so many holes in the team to fill.
Out luck with injuries very seldom sees a player return 100% timeousley.

Anyone else feel like things would’ve been a lot different if we didn’t lose Cortes to injury?, feels like we have been on the downward spiral since his absence
We have also, coincidentally, dropped in form since young McAusland’s been out.

I said before he got injured that it would be a disaster if he did, because it was a position we had no depth whatsoever in, and Cortes is a goalscorer. I think it might have hit the morale of the squad a bit too.

Cortes was a huge blow for us, meant we couldn't rotate strikers and we lost all pace from our frontline with Sima being absent also.

Yillmaz's injury also came at a terrible time. Has meant Sterling could be used wide right in the old firm which would have helped us out a lot and also limited rotation options on midfield.

We have a fucking shambles of a squad. Thanks Ross & Mick!

McCausland though is getting into that bad habit of coming inside beating a man and just laying the ball back taking the safe option instead of driving at defences
His teammates don't help him out with providing options. And then the knock on effect is you start to lose confidence every time your cut-inside leads to nothing.

Cortez, Yilmaz and Diamonde all fit and playing and the team has a totally different feeling about it. Look at our performance against Hearts at Ibrox with these 3 in the team.

In saying that we should still have had enough to beat Ross County and Dundee with the team that was put out.

He looked like he was going to have a positive impact on our season then bang as per fucking usual injury. Diomande, looks like he is going to have a positive impact on our season, bang- injured for 2 important games. Sima really hitting form - bang - injured for 3 months. Ridvan having a positive impact - bang - injured.

Danilo, I am not saying he is amazing because he had flaws as well but he was better than Dessers, starts to hit some form - bang injured for the season....

Back