Cost of buying an ESTA for travel to America

Tormusk1872

Can anyone confirm cost of an ESTA travel visa for USA.

I was charged £64.80 for two, but when they were emailed they were marked as $14 each.

Did you buy it of the official us dohs site?

Done mine a couple of months ago for me and the Mrs on the group application. £20

Was in New York April this year and from memory $14 each sounds right. No way were they £32 each!

I was charged £64.80 for two, but when they were emailed they were marked as $14 each.
$14. Looks like you've used a site which mimics the official one and charges extra for doing so.

You've certainly overpaid there fella.

Also, keep in mind that if you renew your passport you need to re-do your ESTA. (If I remember right its valid for 2 years? But linked to your passport number etc).

You've certainly overpaid there fella.

Also, keep in mind that if you renew your passport you need to re-do your ESTA. (If I remember right its valid for 2 years? But linked to your passport number etc).
My brother lost his passport last week and we fly out to America next week, totally forgot about the new passport needing a new esta until my mother mentioned it today! $14 is indeed still the going rate

I thought I bought it off the USA Goverment. But it was sent to me by a German (de) web address.
it

It is a legal con , I done the same as you. There is no point complaining as they have done nothing wrong, they have just been extremely clever. They have made their site look official. Basically they are telling you in the small print that they are providing an additional checking service and are charging you for it. It does tell you in the small print and there is even a link tucked away that offers you the opportunity to go to the official site for the lower price. The one consolation is that the ESTA obtained is genuine. If it makes you feel better I paid for three . When the queue at JFK takes two hours to process it doesn't help your mood either,

That's a con. Get onto your bank. It's $14 per person

Careful about this. The OP will have confirmed somewhere in the purchase of the ESTA that he agreed to terms and conditions so chances of getting his money back are slim. He does stand a chance of upsetting the agency that issues the ESTA if the payment is withdrawn and ESTA is cancelled.

Careful about this. The OP will have confirmed somewhere in the purchase of the ESTA that he agreed to terms and conditions so chances of getting his money back are slim. He does stand a chance of upsetting the agency that issues the ESTA if the payment is withdrawn and ESTA is cancelled.

Yes, I thought about doing the same however they have well and truly covered themselves. It doesn't help that they are the first to appear on a google search for purchase of an ESTA and the site looks 100% like a formal US government agency site. My bigger worry was that they now have all my card details and personal info . I ended up cancelling the card I used to make the purchase.

Yes, £14 as said.

Just got ours accepted.

Slightly off topic. I just noticed I put my wife first name instead of her mums, in that section.

Wasn't going to bother getting another. Anyone know if this will cause a problem with immigration?

Had to do one at weekend at just had a look and got charged $14.

Not received a confirmation email yet though and can't remember if they send one?

Yes, £14 as said.

Just got ours accepted.

Slightly off topic. I just noticed I put my wife first name instead of her mums, in that section.

Wasn't going to bother getting another. Anyone know if this will cause a problem with immigration?
If you have out the wrong name down I'd suggest you reapply

will need to watch that going to the caribbean in february
I would get the esta done now. If, for what ever reason it gets declined you'll have to go to the embassy for a visa. That could take months to sort out. And if you miss the holiday because of it, you can't claim on your insurance.

I go to Vegas in July and applied for my DATA and it was accepted but realised my passport will need renewed before I go so I'll have to get my new passport and apply again is this right ?

Cheers.

Just the parents bit. Basically put the wifes maiden name for her mum. (There first names are similar)

You think will cause a problem?
Yes mate I think it will because the name on the esta won't match with the passport. They are pretty strict at US customs.

george.jpg

Shameless bump for my question/dilemma.

Mine and wifes ESTA are approved. But I have noticed I stupidly put my wifes mums name wrong on the ESTA. I put my wifes maiden name in that section.
EG: using made up names.
Wifes name- Jane Smith (nee Jones)
Her mothers name is Jess Jones.

I stupidly put on the ESTA - mothers name as Jane Jones!

Some have said I should apply for another ESTA as will show on passport. But parents names are not there.

Other than the handwritten emergency contact at the back. which actually my wife has written as J Jones.

Whats the old Lounge inhabitants opinion- apply again or it wont make any difference?

Back