Counting the minutes until the draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the Porto game last night and I firmly believe we would batter Leverkusen

Not too sure about that - they're currently on a run of about 8 wins on the spin in the Bundesliga, with recent victories over Dortmund and Bayern - going well in the league. Definitely one of the teams to avoid IMO.

860-D3-CA9-5448-4-F52-9-AA1-30-C1-C4-AF9-FC0.gif

I start work at 11 so will need to skive in the office at 12 and get the draw on my phone. Got Lask on that simulator link, don’t know anything about them, I’ll take them.

Can't wait for a mess of a drawn out draw, reference to 2011 finalists Rangers! First ever team to go from Rd1 to last 16!
How good is this, what a feeling

I'm hoping we draw LASK or Copenhagen as both are entirely beatable.

We've currently amassed 16.250 co-efficient points for the 2020/2021 campaign and would be seeded up until the 4QR based on this seasons rankings.

The lowest seeded side in the 4QR this year was Wolves with 17.092 and then Partizan with 18.000

1 more win would see us pass both and 2 wins would take us above the 20 pts mark, and give us a good chance of being seeded for all QR. We will also likely be in pot 3 for the group stages next year.

I'm hoping we draw LASK or Copenhagen as both are entirely beatable.

We've currently amassed 16.250 co-efficient points for the 2020/2021 campaign and would be seeded up until the 4QR based on this seasons rankings.

The lowest seeded side in the 4QR this year was Wolves with 17.092 and then Partizan with 18.000

2 more wins would see us pass both's 2019/20 total, and give us a chance of being seeded for all QR. We will also likely be in pot 3 for the group stages next year.
What stage do we enter the Champions League for winning it?

What stage do we enter the Champions League for winning it?

The Europa League winners enter the Champions League at the Group Stages.

They are also in Pot 1 for the draw, alongside the Champions League holders and the 6 highest ranked countries champions (England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and Russia this year).

I think a draw against one of the bigger names could work in our favour in terms of us having to rise to the occasion - something that seems to suit us on the European stage.

Conversely, a draw against one of the 'lesser known' side e.g. Getafe or LASK, I fear would see us, rightly or wrongly, raise the expectation levels. Getafe are a quality, quality side.

Either way, we're going to be up against it, as there are no mugs at this stage, but I fancy a draw against a Leverkusen or an Inter to really get the troops going.

This draw simulator looks wrong mate, as it's suggesting there are 2 pots and we can only draw 1 of the 8 sides in "pot 1" rather than anyone.

As far as I'm aware, all 16 balls will be put in the 1 pot and we can get any of the other 15 sides.

oops. I never even noticed, only done one draw.:))

Real deal soon anyway.

Just read that LASK play in another stadium for Europa games. The capacity is 21k

Could be tricky getting a ticket for that if we drew them. Or they could have a shit support and it won’t be a hassle I don’t know.

If we get somewhere like Seville,we book flights but in a couple of weeks no one gets to travel there because of the C virus,do you get your money back?

Sat with 2 man utd fans in work who I have known for years and they would rather not draw us.... I think that's the first time I have heard such things. Discussing the draw now, and they would rather get Copenhagen just like me!

Taking who they beat last night out of the equation, at this stage of the competition and with who is still left, I'd still be wanting Copenhagen.

Austrian bear on here who also supports them , thinks will be a tough draw as above top of league etc , no for me , Copenhagen please .

Lask will be a more difficult tie than most people expect.
Copenhagen or Basel would be my choice of opponents if we want a place in the last 8.

It’s really quite embarrassing how excited I am for random guys to be reading out names of football teams off little bits off paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back