Couple of injuries and we are left with Barjonas on the bench.

Gerrard's been vocal about the need for another midfielder. There's still a week or so left of the window so lets hope we pull our finger out.

I think the plan was to sell Morelos and use that to buy a midfielder or two.

Risky plan.

Davis can't play every week, Kamara is useless in a battle, Arfield is getting on too and it appears Jack is made of glass.

I seen this on twitter and I’ll copy and paste to save me typing:

Unless we significantly improve the squad - and I genuinely hate saying this - then I reckon Gerrard needs to pick between SPFL and Europa League.

Points dropped after a game away at Gibraltar, how will we cope if we’re away in Turkey, Russia etc.

Nearly every Hibs attack came from misplaced passes from our midfield,Davis is excellent wee player but his passing today when we where in good positions was terrible ,him or Kamara where really off the boil today.

Jack is miles better than Kamara who is far to careless in tough away games.

We need 2 Mids to challenge who we have now, Davis is getting on but was for me stil miles better than Kamara.

Kamara had the ball laid on a plate for him twice and he passed instead of having a clear shot on goal.

We’ve splashed out on two expensive strikers and it looks increasingly like Morelos is going to be staying.

Meanwhile, we drop points again in a game where we’ve failed to dominate the midfield. If we’ve got the cash, Wilson needs to procure a technically excellent and athletic box to box midfielder asap. And one who can smack them into the top corner from 30 yards, preferably.

Davis and Arfield were struggling to track midfield runs at the start of the game. After an hour it just became farcical. If the opposition had had a higher quality midfield I think we might’ve lost today. No surprise the defence looked ten times worse without any sort of protection in front.

In Gerrard's 3rd season how in the name of fukk is this happening.

Total failure in the transfer market to address the midfield that has been proven not good enough for the past 2 seasons.
Mate your wasting your time someone will shoot you down claiming your a panic merchant and you’ve to trust the scouting team to get the right man. Speed and urgency aren’t a requirement for our transfer plans to a lot of supporters and by the looks of it neither is it to the club

Let's hope the midfielder is a cracker. To be in this position with a enforced break and extended window is a complete joke.

We’ve splashed out on two expensive strikers and it looks increasingly like Morelos is going to be staying.

Meanwhile, we drop points again in a game where we’ve failed to dominate the midfield. If we’ve got the cash, Wilson needs to procure a technically excellent and athletic box to box midfielder asap. And one who can smack them into the top corner from 30 yards, preferably.
Not sure I'd class Roofe as a striker. Another one of these modern 'forwards' .

Agree though on your thoughts on midfield. More alarmingly our manager and assistant were exactly the style of players we are crying out for.

Davis and Kamara passing was woeful today nearly every Hibs attack started with one off them giving away the ball in bad positions,both are good players but rarely showed it today I just wonder if either are up to two games a week.

We know how Hibs will play and its going to be fast and direct yet he plays Davis and Arfield who's legs are going. We aren't helped by injuries but it's been needing addressed for ages

The bench wasn’t great today. It will look better than Aribo and Roofe are back and no one else gets injured but we still need to bring some more quality in.

We need to sign a few referees and linesmen...that will significantly improve our season tbh.

In Gerrard's 3rd season how in the name of fukk is this happening.

Total failure in the transfer market to address the midfield that has been proven not good enough for the past 2 seasons.

barjonas would have had 2 or 3 cracks at goal today fwiw.

Risky plan.

Davis can't play every week, Kamara is useless in a battle, Arfield is getting on too and it appears Jack is made of glass.

Hagi, Roofe and Itten appear to have used up our budget. Any more additions look dependent on a major sale, most obviously Morelos.

In a year blighted by the effects of this pandemic I don’t know why that should really be a surprise to anyone.

Gerrard seems to rate Barjonas and kept him rather than McCrorie and Doherty.
Can‘t fault the player if he doesn’t get the chance , midfield was screaming out for fresh legs , perhaps ask Gerrard why he didn’t make the change.

Hagi, Roofe and Itten appear to have used up our budget. Any more additions look dependent on a major sale, most obviously Morelos.

In a year blighted by the effects of this pandemic I don’t know why that should really be a surprise to anyone.
Hagi-lets be honest, hardly kicked a ball this season.
Roofe-looking like more time will be spent on the treatment table than the pitch.
Itten- boy needs a run of games.

At the present time it doesn’t look like our budget has been used wisely.

Hope to phuck I’m wrong.

Hagi-lets be honest, hardly kicked a ball this season.
Roofe-looking like more time will be spent on the treatment table than the pitch.
Itten- boy needs a run of games.

At the present time it doesn’t look like our budget has been used wisely.

Hope to phuck I’m wrong.

Hagi seems to be the new whipping boy and yet he does things in every game that I don’t think any other player we have can (the lovely nutmeg through ball to Kent last week, the quick reverse pass back to Arfield today).

Roofe hasn’t looked completely match fit in any game to date and it’s a concern that he’s out injured already. However, he has fitted in well with our style of play and I actually felt was a miss today in terms of his movement.

I also think he’s a prudent signing in as much as he can play several positions in the forward line, although that’s worthless if he’s going to be injured a lot.

It’s way too early to say one way or the other about Itten.

Overall I think we’ve added some players that improve us on paper, but we’re still one or possibly two away from where we need to be.

However, I do think there’s a good argument to say we should have used Itten’s fee towards the midfielder Gerrard wants then added another forward if and when Alfie left.

Back