Cowen and Dublin

Last night in the England game the commentator near the end came away with this bute on why the England players get along 'They drink a lot of tea together' is there anything more English than that?

I suppose they have to learn the skill, and they can only do that by commentating. The female pundits, with the exception of Aluko, have generally been good, although at one point I thought Alex Scott was presenting in place of Chappers - he looked pissed off about it too.

The female presenters have been excellent, while some of the male pundits have been truly awful. Dublin, Murphy, Dixon and the walking clusterfuck that is Hartson.

Pochetinno last night was a shit show.
Yeah he was terrible, as if he had brought in to make it clear foreign managers/pundits can be just as our guys like Murphy.

They gave us the worst 90 minutes of commentary I've ever heard ( that is a bold statement with crocker etc)

Just talked absolute fucking drivel the whole game with the insight of two Sunday league players

Is this what the BBC have come to?
All I recall from the Commentary was every so often they would say a players name then follow it up with plays it down the wing…or pass to middle of the park….then silence.

I think a female commentator could be good but the few used by the BBC just have a terrible voice for it. Their register is too high as to be irritating. It's not a female only problem when you consider the likes of Liam McLeod who is also very annoying to listen to.

There are plenty of bad or dull male commentators but it's easier to tune them out as we're all more used to it. Listening to the equivalent of a shrill, nasally female Alan Partridge doesn't make for a very enjoyable time.

I think the reason why you get chat inbetween nothing happening is trying to appeal to the newer generation of football fans? their attention spans are practically nothing and they aren't going to watch a game where somebody isn't chatting over it

genuinely don't think there is a good women commentator because the pitch of their voice doesn't work when something happens. Cowens or Sparks honestly sound like they are shouting to a pal on the other side of a park when a shot on goal happens

Was that the woman comm who said Poland's penalty was being retaken because the ball was burst. Dublin saying it was square or something. Nothing to do with the keeper two feet off his line and about six players in the pen box. Absolute shite that comes from some of these commentators is embarrassing

They 2 were utterly shocking, boring beyond belief. The folk in the studio weren't up to much either. Pochetino barely able to get words out in English, Rio Ferdinand barely able to get words out in English, and Lineker seemed like he'd had a stroke.

They 2 were utterly shocking, boring beyond belief. The folk in the studio weren't up to much either. Pochetino barely able to get words out in English, Rio Ferdinand barely able to get words out in English, and Lineker seemed like he'd had a stroke.

Don’t forget the middle aged French woman who was also there for some reason.

They seemed like a pairing you’d put on for a group game nobody is interested in, thought at this stage it would be a bit more serious..

Also, it’s pretty roundly accepted that Lineker is a tool these days, but I don’t remember his patter being this brutal before, Shearer similarly, horrendous

I'd like our pundits to have the same level of experience as the guys on the pitch.

Grates on me that you have Shearer, Lineker, Drogba, Keane, Souness...then there some daft wee lassie banging on a load of pish like she's played at that level!

You'd be as well throwing a few amateurs and Scottish Junior players in there to co-commentate!

Female commentators are one thing, but that one had a particularly high pitched screeching tone to it. A commentators voice shouldn't be underestimated, and that's before you even get into their actual skillset.

Back