Craig Gordon

That’s interesting, there was talk that some English clubs were looking at him, presumably as a number 2. Could have offered him more money maybe but I think Gordon wants to continue playing for Scotland.

That’s interesting, there was talk that some English clubs were looking at him, presumably as a number 2. Could have offered him more money maybe but I think Gordon wants to continue playing for Scotland.
I think he has stated he’s with hearts till he retires. He’s made his money and loves Hearts so he’s going nowhere.

Top keeper, and while I hated him at Celtic and I would never give him credit, the performances for hearts and Scotland have been top draw.

Like McGregor he has one weakness which stopped him going to the very top.

With McGregor it’s his height and ability to come for crosses. With Gordon it’s his ability with the ball at his feet.

Two of the best Scottish keepers in my lifetime imo and will be going well if we bring through another close to their level.

Anyone know why we didn't sign him after having him on trial? I guess injury concerns was a factor but was there any other reason?

Top keeper who should've played for a top club imo.

Same as McGregor should've been at a much bigger club than the likes of Hull on his time away from us.
Height and lack of ability to collect crosses held McGregor back as well imo

His shot stopping is without doubt top level

Gordon's always been a wind up merchant but he does it to most teams.

He's the 2nd best keeper in the league imo.

Probably settled in Scotland with his family, a sensible man who has already earned and banked millions.

Like McGregor he has one weakness which stopped him going to the very top.

With McGregor it’s his height and ability to come for crosses. With Gordon it’s his ability with the ball at his feet.

Two of the best Scottish keepers in my lifetime imo and will be going well if we bring through another close to their level.
Never thought Gordon was great with crosses either. Really struggled in England and opposing teams targeted the weakness. Agree that he is not great with ball at his feet and it's these reasons he's behind McGregor

Scotland has had many good keepers since Rough and hopefully Rangers will produce the next great one

What happened?

This the game Jack scored or Warburton when Miller scored?
Players forming around centre circle and he decided to walk back to broomloan goals to get a drink. Pissed around knowing full well what was happening and took his time. All deliberate and utter scummy behaviour from a guy. To whom we allowed to train with us ! Don’t give a shite about reading to much in to it. He should have been at standing with his players to show respect !

McGregor and McLaughlin are the two best goalkeepers in the country.

Gordon is an average player at best.

It is hard to tell how good McGregor and McLaughlin actually are because they hardly every have to make any saves.

Against some Scottish Premiership teams we could play Defoe in goals and he would keep a clean sheet.

Was in front row at Tynecastle that last game , didn’t realise the size of him , isn’t half having himself though :rolleyes:

See the conveyor belt of duds that came after him at the scum, i cant believe they let him go.
Still laugh when I think about Lawell offering him a new contract on reduced terms saying take it or leave it Craig as i have just signed the Greek national keeper

Gordon is still a very reliable keeper. Think of the money that lot would have saved on those two duds Barkas and Hart and the pain of playing Bain and Hazard if they just gave Gordon what he wanted.

Not just for Scotland but he’ll want to keep playing in general due to the number of games he missed through injury, sitting on the bench for more money won’t appeal to him.

Comes across as a prick, but I’m sure McGregor does to the opposition also.

Like McGregor, should have played at a decent EPL level.

Gordon was awful with his feet, but McGregor isn’t ideal either there. Both are poor at crosses. Their shot stopping is top level though.

Given those weaknesses, they couldn’t play top 6 epl, but 7-15, easily.

Comes across as a prick, but I’m sure McGregor does to the opposition also.

Like McGregor, should have played at a decent EPL level.

Gordon was awful with his feet, but McGregor isn’t ideal either there. Both are poor at crosses. Their shot stopping is top level though.

Given those weaknesses, they couldn’t play top 6 epl, but 7-15, easily.
I always thought when Arsenal needed a keeper they should’ve went for McGregor but your reasons above are likely why they didn’t. The likes of Everton to replace Howard tho would’ve made sense

Craig Gordon went to Edinburgh zoo & got attacked by a Koala.

I can confirm that real bears have no time for pedophile sympathisers & enablers. To play for the peeds is unforgivable.

I'm with koala. %^*& CG.

Absolutely astonishing that the filth let him walk away, even more hilarious they brought in Barkas to replace him.

Even funnier... he ended up behind Bain under both Rodgers and Lennon and barely kicked a ball for 18 months. Bain also took his international place during that period.

Back