Craig Levein's record against Gers

I agree that we will probably make it a difficult game on Sunday...

However, our backline has been running around like have ankle weights strapped on and this is a concern for me.

I previously said it's either going to be very tight, or we get pounded rotten.

We lost 2-1 twice at Tannadice when he was manager.
1st time wearing the sky blue 3rd kit then they beat us the week after we beat celtic 3-0

Dont think thats right mate, Think the week after we beat Celtic 3-0 we drew with Dundee Utd 3-3 at Tannadice, Remember Davie Weir, Boyd and Novo maybe?

I'm excited about this game. I don't see it as a foregone conclusion in any way. Will be a huge win should we manage it.

I’m very relaxed about Sunday and think we will win with a few goals to spare. This is a different Rangers team this season, we will thrive being top of the league and the players seem a lot more focussed and determined.. 3-0 the famous.

Am I the only one who's worried about Sunday, Avril's jobs on the line and he'll be aware of our failure against the soap dodgers and their high pressing tactics.

He used the same tactics when they beat "the invincables" 4-0 were in for much the same, we must be on our game EVERY team wants to knock us off especially as were now back on top.

I hope all the players are above all this supposed “easy 3 points” come Sunday, and that his lost record moves to 21

Spot on. The closer we get to Sunday the more worried I get with myself that I can see no way we will not win at Tynecastle.

Hearts are shit, we are red hot, should be a routine 3 points. I need my normal Rangers pessimism to kick in, can't be this positive, there has to be a negative somewhere but can't find one.

Crap, you know what this all positivity means, we're going to struggle on Sunday. Aahh, that feels better.

It's going to be a long stressful season.

The only reassurance I have about this fixture is that Levein hates Celtic and would prefer we win the league so there's an outside chance he won't worry too much about losing. Although, he is under pressure and in a match like this they can throw caution to the wind and end up playing better under no pressure.

Either way, we need to bring our A game - no international break hangovers allowed.

Sunday will tell us a good bit more about this group of players we have.

Let's see how they handle the pressure and opportunity to stay on top. It certainly won't be a walk in the park.

Am I the only one really concerned about Sunday?

Every game is a cup final. Things like this only lead to complacency. Doesn’t matter what the stats are if we have a bad day and they have a good one then we are in trouble.

This will be a massive test, Tynecastle usually is. This is designed to put pressure on us and get Hearts up for it

Tough game ahead. Not because Hearts are any great force but because it’s the first game back after the international break. Hopefully we can continue our good form and the gaffer doesn’t make too many changes.

I wouldn't say I was concerned,we really should be beating them but I am not as over confident as some on here.
In saying that after 20 mins when we are 2-0 up I will realise I shouldn't have been apprehensive at all :)

That, in itself, smacks a bit of overconfidence ;)

I don't understand why people are concerned by this game tbh.

Hearts have so many injuries that we'll effectively be playing their reserve side.
We've been utterly dominant in recent games and have gotten the results that reflect our dominance.
Hearts haven't been unlucky or anything, they've been genuinely terrible.

Not sure what the bookies price on us is, but whatever it is it's too long.

Correct, a scoosh case from start to finish. I cant believe people are still so superstitious in this day and age. Is it your left or right shoe that's tied first?:)

I don't understand why people are concerned by this game tbh.

Hearts have so many injuries that we'll effectively be playing their reserve side.
We've been utterly dominant in recent games and have gotten the results that reflect our dominance.
Hearts haven't been unlucky or anything, they've been genuinely terrible.

Not sure what the bookies price on us is, but whatever it is it's too long.
Update: bookies price is 2/5, so an implied winning percentage of 70%.

Those odds are too long.

Very confident in our team. We'll still be top of the league at full time after tickling those maroon shitehawks bellies.

Tin hat on - Levein was utterly hopeless as Scotland manager, but he is decent in the SPL. He's good for Hearts who, without him, would be doing much much worse.

This is his level and he's one if the bwst managers at that level. I rate him more highly than McInnes, for example.

I hate the man but him winding the Tim's up has been quality. We get 3 points nearly everytime we play them an they seem to give the unwashed a game. I think he's the same as us and wants to stop them winning everything bit up until the past 2 seasons I thought he was anti rangers and pro celtic so clearly I was wrong about him.

Was a white wash last season and I think we have won the last 7 against them.

That said, he is partial to playing ridiculous defensive formations and it's a narrow pitch so Sunday may not be as straightforward as I'd hope. Still think we will run out comfortable in the end though.

Am I the only one who's worried about Sunday, Avril's jobs on the line and he'll be aware of our failure against the soap dodgers and their high pressing tactics.

He used the same tactics when they beat "the invincables" 4-0 were in for much the same, we must be on our game EVERY team wants to knock us off especially as were now back on top.
They don’t have the quality they had when they beat them.

Still, should be a win, my biggest worry of the upcoming games is when we go to fir park

I hate stats like these, they always make me think that they need to win sometime, the law of averages and all that.

Hearts have been poor this season and I expect us to win but it will be tough as all of our away games will be.

Back