Crawfrord Allen caught out by Robbie Neilson

Neilson is being cute here as he is highlighting an wrong and hopes it’ll benefit his on Sunday. It may but it also might just antagonise officials.

Yep. The ref and assistant can only call it as they see it. VAR might have helped Neilson, he should be asking for clarification on when they think it might be in place. Moaning to the referee boss will get no-one anywhere. The refs are all we have and we all know it. If there was less criticism, maybe theyr'd be more refs and we'd have better options.
problem is the ref and linesman were as desperate for celtic to score and get the result as anyone else inside the ground.

i completely disagree that this is the best we can hope for it is time for honest officials and an end to what went on during that match. Not saying the rest are dishonest but the main match official in the country is thats why Celtic will expect him to get the next old firm game.

You cant tell me we dont have a young ref(or even half a dozen other officials) in Scotland that would at least make an attempt to do Celtic games honestly and give sides like Hearts decisions against them, this is something ive not seen from Bobby in well over 10 years it is actually an absolute disgrace.

problem is the ref and linesman were as desperate for celtic to score and get the result as anyone else inside the ground.

i completely disagree that this is the best we can hope for it is time for honest officials and an end to what went on during that match. Not saying the rest are dishonest but the main match official in the country is thats why Celtic will expect him to get the next old firm game.

You cant tell me we dont have a young ref(or even half a dozen other officials) in Scotland that would at least make an attempt to do Celtic games honestly and give sides like Hearts decisions against them, this is something ive not seen from Bobby in well over 10 years it is actually an absolute disgrace.
The refs are honest, they don't have replay upon replay to analyse before making their call. It's a one off view that might not be clear. If you think refs deliberately cheat then it's time for watching another sport. It's amazing that the loser always complains about the ref. The winner deals with poor decisions and gets the job done regardless.

The refs are honest, they don't have replay upon replay to analyse before making their call. It's a one off view that might not be clear. If you think refs deliberately cheat then it's time for watching another sport. It's amazing that the loser always complains about the ref. The winner deals with poor decisions and gets the job done regardless.
I’d say refs are generally just not very good. But you’re naive to say some wouldn’t cheat. Clancy wasn’t just poor, he was beyond just a poor performance.

We won 3-0 at the weekend, completely controlled the game and are in a perfect position to go on and take the title but it does not change the fact Alan Muir was totally biased against Rangers, once again he gave us nothing. Its close to 10 years of this with Muir same with Madden giving the tims an insane amount of important calls and reffin like a supporter.

I think most try to be honest but a couple of them are clearly terrified, i hope Madden and his mate are not doing the old firm at the piggery that would be a huge problem for Rangers the play better just win argument sounds daft to me, tbh mate.

I’d say refs are generally just not very good. But you’re naive to say some wouldn’t cheat. Clancy wasn’t just poor, he was beyond just a poor performance.
I agree that they're not up to much but referees since time began have been useless. The footage nowadays kills them, years ago everyone there knew it was an abject performance, now the whole country gets to see. Celtic never complained when they were good enough to win, we did. Now we are good enough they are complaining again. We can moan all we like and say that they're cheats, it gets no-one anywhere, they're all we have and the clubs won't pay for foreign refs, why should they when they're no better. Look on a match thread in Europe, especially when we struggle and the ref get slated as usual. Refs in Europe can create drama just the same without having to cheat.

We won 3-0 at the weekend, completely controlled the game and are in a perfect position to go on and take the title but it does not change the fact Alan Muir was totally biased against Rangers, once again he gave us nothing. Its close to 10 years of this with Muir same with Madden giving the tims an insane amount of important calls and reffin like a supporter.

I think most try to be honest but a couple of them are clearly terrified, i hope Madden and his mate are not doing the old firm at the piggery that would be a huge problem for Rangers the play better just win argument sounds daft to me, tbh mate.
I don't ever go into any game afraid of a referee. I hope for a good Rangers performance, that way we'll win. Our players know the Scottish refs inside out. The nuances of each ref have to be considered and it's up to the players to cope. We've been the best team for a long time now, we beat them last time out without having to hit top gear. Parkhead holds no fears for the players and the referee won't stop us. The pressure is on celtic and they haven't proven that they have what it takes. It is panic and fear from supporters but Rangers supporters shouldn't panic whoever the ref is. We are comfortable. It's a good job the players aren't as big bottle merchants as the fans.

Aside from everything around the goal, I hate it when people ask for ‘clarification’. It has always been the go to word for ‘them’ to use.

What clarification does he want? The linesman either thought that he was level with a defender, or level with the ball. Neither of those will make Neilson happy, because they are both still wrong.
Its Robbie Neilston, just priming the referee for Saturday's game. Letting it be known that Hearts are feeling hard done by, and that every decision will be dissected, and they better get some of them. If you remember he had just got his first managers jacket with Hearts, back in the championship. His first game at Ibrox, and Ally McCoist, was coming out to the pitch side, and here was Robbie telling the ref he would need to be watching Rangers, because they would be doing this, and doing that, all to gain an advantage. We Ally's, response was he's only in the game five minutes, and he's trying to teach his granny to suck eggs. By the way Hearts beat us 2 - 1 that day. Robbie Neilson, could play tig with a fox, and the fox would be het all night. The referee will be under a lot of pressure at Tynecastle, and you can put your money on us not getting any big decisions.

Back