Crazy EPL stat

Bigfoot

If man city win tonight and win all remaining game's they'll win the league.

And if Liverpool win all remaining game's they'll end up on 97 points, losing one game all season but still not winning the title.

even the epl hates will admit that's an enthralling title race. Imagine getting 97 points and not winning the league

and no-one seems to want 4th

Last edited:
Its remarkable

Man City still have a tough away game at Burnley and Liverpool away to Newcastle who are playing well at home.

May still be a twist to come

Brighton could yet be playing for their lives on the last day. Will be some going if they both keep winning til the end.

Burnley away is a potential banana skin for City

Same as Newcastle away could be for Liverpool

Not if you only take note of the top position at the end of each round of fixtures.

I don’t think it should count as changing if Liverpool win, going 2 ahead, then city win, going 2 ahead.
Only going by what sky said mate.

Still shows how tight it's been regardless though.

To be honest it doesn’t really feel like it’s been a captivating title race purely because I had zero faith in Liverpool getting over the finish line. But to get to the points total they likely will and still lose would be something else, and very funny.

To be honest it doesn’t really feel like it’s been a captivating title race purely because I had zero faith in Liverpool getting over the finish line. But to get to the points total they likely will and still lose would be something else, and very funny.
Yeah fuucking hilarious, cheated by a Mancunian ref and a side that lies in its accounts and breaks every fiscal rule going. Pathetic.

According to a Man United forum last night was the first time in premiership history they’ve lost a home game 2-0.

Yeah fuucking hilarious, cheated by a Mancunian ref and a side that lies in its accounts and breaks every fiscal rule going. Pathetic.

2enmfk3.jpg

One of the other 18 teams is in the Champions League semi finals, and two of the other 18 are in the Europa League semi finals so it's hardly two good teams and 18 crap.

Almost every single one of the "top teams" are having some of their worst seasons in years. None of Arsenal, Chelsea or United are anywhere near where they were or traditionally are.

I take your point about Spurs but it's harder for Chelsea and Arsenal not to get to the EL semi finals when u take their seeding advantage into account and then look at the teams they've had to face. I'd have fancied Rangers to get to the semis if we had Chelsea's run for example.

Liverpool and Man City have been fantastic but the crazy points totals they've racked up are, in part, due to how poor the other teams have been this season.

Two unbelievably strong teams.

I've followed the EPL much more closely this season and very much enjoyed it. Hopefully next year we get a three horse race but I can't see anything other than City and Liverpool going head to head again next season.

Am I right in saying that on all but 2 occasions the team leading on Christmas Day has gone on to win the title?

Guess which team has failed on those 2 occasions (if the stat is true of course)

How come when Rangers and Celtic finish miles ahead of everyone else on 97 points each and Barca and Real Madrid did it for years the English called it a “two horse race” and therefore boring?

How many season since the EPL started has it NOT been a 2 horse race? For years it was either Man Utd or Arsenal pretty much guaranteed to win it, then Man U/Chelsea, then City came through and now Liverpool. Have there really been that many seasons where 3 or more teams had a genuine title chance after Xmas?

When we won 8 in a row the beasts only lost 1 league game that season.
And when we won the treble in 2003, the beasts lost the title on goal difference with 97 points.

What a shame :))
Yeah, that must have been a bit of a blow.
Ah well, so sad .
I’m not sure I could handle that again but I’d definitely like to try to.

How come when Rangers and Celtic finish miles ahead of everyone else on 97 points each and Barca and Real Madrid did it for years the English called it a “two horse race” and therefore boring?

How many season since the EPL started has it NOT been a 2 horse race? For years it was either Man Utd or Arsenal pretty much guaranteed to win it, then Man U/Chelsea, then City came through and now Liverpool. Have there really been that many seasons where 3 or more teams had a genuine title chance after Xmas?

This is the first season in a while that there has actually been a title race down south. The last one I can remember was the season Gerrard slipped. Even Leicester won it comfortably with a few games to spare.

Arsenal have f*cking blown they chance of a top 4 finish by the looks of it.

It's hard to have a go at Emery though as i feel he's done extremely well with what he has at his disposal.

I'd actually still like to see Liverpool and Klopp do it.

I think it's out their reach now with 3 games to as City won't stumble, but it's been an interesting run in that's for sure.

Despite (deserved) praise for Liverpool’s season and their points total/single loss, have they not made a bit of a James Hunt of it? Were they not 7 points clear fairly recently?

Arsenal have f*cking blown they chance of a top 4 finish by the looks of it.

It's hard to have a go at Emery though as i feel he's done extremely well with what he has at his disposal.

He's done well with what he's had but changing the team so much for that Crystal Palace home game was bordering on criminal for me, at worse he was extremely naive. Those 3 points would have put them in pole position, instead it looks like they've shot their load!

For all the hype, surely I can't be the only one not feeling it?

There's been a sense of inevitability in my own mind for weeks now that Manchester City simply weren't going to drop any points. Even at half time last night, you felt certain they'd get it done in the 2nd half.

He's done well with what he's had but changing the team so much for that Crystal Palace home game was bordering on criminal for me, at worse he was extremely naive. Those 3 points would have put them in pole position, instead it looks like they've shot their load!

Aye he's been far from perfect but i think he's had Arsenal exceeding expectations somewhat this season.

Agreed on the Palace team though. Seeing Mavrapanos, Jenkinson and Elneny in the starting line up was a concern especially given Palace's record away from home this season.

Probably because the other teams i.e Chelsea, spurs, arsenal, wolves, whatever are still pretty good, rather than the rest of the league being made up of league 2 rejects and gates of a couple of thousand?

Back