Cruz Azul

Google takes less than a second to show the results. If it’s down to interest, that would be the way to go. Cuts out the guff and the ulterior motive on here.

I don’t get why so many Rangers fans are desperate for the two to fail. It’s beyond comprehension.
Anything to be proved right regardless mate.

I understand that but it takes a fair bit of effort. "Catching" something usually involves noticing it is on while flicking through the channels, to my mind.
Not really mate if you are looking for a specific team to watch, catch up on.

The luvvies on here will be along before long to tell you "there's a player in there".

There isn't,he can't run and can't control a ball,two attributes you need to play football at any level. I'd play Kranjcar before I'd ever play Peña again...and that's saying something.

Yeah, how dare someone have his/her glass half full, right?! But to have every other thread pouring bile and malice upon our current and former players and managers is fine? Some mentality in there ...

Google takes less than a second to show the results. If it’s down to interest, that would be the way to go. Cuts out the guff and the ulterior motive on here.

I don’t get why so many Rangers fans are desperate for the two to fail. It’s beyond comprehension.

Google would cover a lot if what’s spoken about on here mate. And I think it’s fair to say there ya plenty of ‘guff’ on here too. The op watched the game. I’m interested to hear how he played. Simply seeing the result won’t tell me that.

As long as that’s Awright with you of course? :D

Google would cover a lot if what’s spoken about on here mate. And I think it’s fair to say there ya plenty of ‘guff’ on here too. The op watched the game. I’m interested to hear how he played. Simply seeing the result won’t tell me that.

He is agreeing with you mate.

Reactions: Mez
You know the worse bit about it, herrera is far worse.

Its almost like pedro managed to buy 2 of the worst mexican players he could find.

Both will end up getting paid off.

I’m in the same boat mate, I’m curious to see how they get on, so I’ve been watching a few games on B365 and check their results. I personally prefer just to find out what’s going on without the agenda laden posts on here and my first instinct after they lost wouldn’t be to come and post it on here, in an almost gloating fashion.

We need Pedro and Pena to do well for the good of our club, so I just can’t get into the mindset of some of the folk on here who can’t wait to put the boot into them. Seems counterproductive to me.

Wow, a negative thread of Caixinha and Pena, a real rarity, not like we’ve had two of these a week for the last month.

Some of you are the Daily Record’s wet dream.

It must be difficult to think of anything positive to say about them. Who gives a toss what the haters at The Record think, this is a Rangers messageboard and it is perfectly justified to debate our past manager and a player we have sent out on loan. The criticism of both just reflects what the vast majority of Rangers supporters think of them.

I’m in the same boat mate, I’m curious to see how they get on, so I’ve been watching a few games on B365 and check their results. I personally prefer just to find out what’s going on without the agenda laden posts on here and my first instinct after they lost wouldn’t be to come and post it on here, in an almost gloating fashion.

We need Pedro and Pena to do well for the good of our club, so I just can’t get into the mindset of some of the folk on here who can’t wait to put the boot into them. Seems counterproductive to me.

Why does Pedro doing well in his latest job something good for Rangers?

I get Pena doing well can get us a transfer fee, but no idea why our ex manager being a success the other side of the world matters one bit to us.

Not really. 30k gets banded about quite regular, both on here and in the media. His basic is 28.

Using the mental world of FF and the media as a barometer of truth, brilliant!

Pretty sure the Cruz Azul chairman confirmed they were paying his wage in full but said the figure is nowhere near the one reported in the media.

In fact here's the link to prove it: https://www.esto.com.mx/326835-noti...-gullit-asegura-que-a-cruz-azul-llega-maduro/

Poor translation but you get the idea, 2m pesos is 75k

TWO MILLION ARE EXAGGERATED
The Cruz Azul sports director, Eduardo de la Torre , confirmed that the club will pay Carlos Peña's salary , but ruled out more than two million pesos a month. "Cruz Azul will pay Carlos' entire salary, but they are not the amounts that are being handled"

Last edited:
How exactly did you manage to "catch" this? Was it on terrestrial telly or Sky?
You ever heard of streaming?

My mate is currently over in Cancun .
Text him an hour ago, Says Pena came on for the last 25 minutes and within 2 minutes Cruz got a man sent off.

Says Pena was p*sh poor, however when your down to 10 men he's hardly the type of player that will roll the sleeves up.

Says that he couldn't hear the booing due to the constant noise in the bar.

Wow, a negative thread of Caixinha and Pena, a real rarity, not like we’ve had two of these a week for the last month.

Some of you are the Daily Record’s wet dream.
So no one should have an interest on whether Pena is performing as a player in order to see if there is any chance of a sell on, is that what you mean? Maybe you and others should wake up to the fact that he is a very overrated player who can't play at a level required by the club instead of trying to defend him every time there is warranted criticism of him. I'm interested in how he's doing, in the hope that we can eventually get him off our books.

I understand that but it takes a fair bit of effort. "Catching" something usually involves noticing it is on while flicking through the channels, to my mind.

To be fair I could get the Cruz Azul game up on the PC quicker than I could flick to skysports :D

Yeah apologies bro, I’ve totally picked your post up wrong there. Spot on with what your saying. Don’t get me wrong, I was far from convinced with him, but he’s still our player, and to that end I want him to do well.

You ever heard of streaming?

My mate is currently over in Cancun .
Text him an hour ago, Says Pena came on for the last 25 minutes and within 2 minutes Cruz got a man sent off.

Says Pena was p*sh poor, however when your down to 10 men he's hardly the type of player that will roll the sleeves up.

Says that he couldn't hear the booing due to the constant noise in the bar.
That’s not exactly ‘catching’ something though so you can put your wee sarcastic comment away for another day.

Using the mental world of FF and the media as a barometer of truth, brilliant!

Pretty sure the Cruz Azul chairman confirmed they were paying his wage in full but said the figure is nowhere near the one reported in the media.

In fact here's the link to prove it: https://www.esto.com.mx/326835-noti...-gullit-asegura-que-a-cruz-azul-llega-maduro/

Poor translation but you get the idea, 2m pesos is 75k

TWO MILLION ARE EXAGGERATED
The Cruz Azul sports director, Eduardo de la Torre , confirmed that the club will pay Carlos Peña's salary , but ruled out more than two million pesos a month. "Cruz Azul will pay Carlos' entire salary, but they are not the amounts that are being handled"

I never said I was using them as a barrometer of truth mate. You stated ‘his wage seems to go up’ on here. I’m simply pointing out that isn’t the case. For, the most part, folk have stuck to that figure.

What you want to believe his ACTUAL wage is, is up to you. I believe it’s 28k though.

Personally I can’t stand any of the two of them. They absolutely ripped the pish out of us and it’ll be pure luck if we claw the money back. They get a far easier ride than proper Rangers legends.

He is a joke figure in Mexico. But lunatics on here will still tell you we’re all just racists for not thinking he was any good.

I was interested to see how he got on there but it’s just been going exactly as expected unfortunately. Infuriating for us as it’s Rangers who lose out here.

He is a joke figure in Mexico. But lunatics on here will still tell you we’re all just racists for not thinking he was any good.

I was interested to see how he got on there but it’s just been going exactly as expected unfortunately. Infuriating for us as it’s Rangers who lose out here.

Irony overload there I think :D

So no one should have an interest on whether Pena is performing as a player in order to see if there is any chance of a sell on, is that what you mean? Maybe you and others should wake up to the fact that he is a very overrated player who can't play at a level required by the club instead of trying to defend him every time there is warranted criticism of him. I'm interested in how he's doing, in the hope that we can eventually get him off our books.

The point he’s making is that you really don’t see anyone reporting back unless it’s negative. There was one positive thread a couple of weeks ago and it was about a quarter of the size of this, because most aren’t interested in hearing positives, but it’s like feeding time at the zoo when the news is bad. People smell blood and can’t wait to get in there and tear strips off them.

Many are no better than the Daily Retard ‘journalists (lol)” who behave in the exact same manner. That’s a bit tragic really. I personally couldn’t give a shit how Pedro does, he bombed here and but he’s no longer our problem thank goodness. It is however beneficial if Peña does well in order that we get rid of him for a half decent fee, though all signs do seem to point towards a player who has pretty much lost his way.

Also, who happens upon a Cruz Azul game online in the early hours of a Saturday morning? No one, you go and seek it out. That’s as lame as the big book of excuses for why people have been listening to the Scoreboard and buying the Record.

The pr
make him come back and have nicholl work him like a dog in preseason and maybe he quits
The problem with that is that you have a player who could've disruptive to the team. It still doesn't add up to me why these duds were signed. Almost as if Pedro was 'doing them a favour'.

The point he’s making is that you really don’t see anyone reporting back unless it’s negative. There was one positive thread a couple of weeks ago and it was about a quarter of the size of this, because most aren’t interested in hearing positives, but it’s like feeding time at the zoo when the news is bad. People smell blood and can’t wait to get in there and tear strips off them.

Many are no better than the Daily Retard ‘journalists (lol)” who behave in the exact same manner. That’s a bit tragic really. I personally couldn’t give a shit how Pedro does, he bombed here and but he’s no longer our problem thank goodness. It is however beneficial if Peña does well in order that we get rid of him for a half decent fee, though all signs do seem to point towards a player who has pretty much lost his way.

Also, who happens upon a Cruz Azul game online in the early hours of a Saturday morning? No one, you go and seek it out. That’s as lame as the big book of excuses for why people have been listening to the Scoreboard and buying the Record.
I understand the point he's making, maybe you should understand the point i'm making, that being Pena's performances, good or bad, are entitled to be commented on without anyone commenting that it is a Pena bashing thread, simply because that poster might rate Pena, which is his right but there are many who don't. His performances are of interest to many Rangers fans, hopefully good enough for a club to take him off our hands.

Last edited:
Why does Pedro doing well in his latest job something good for Rangers?

I get Pena doing well can get us a transfer fee, but no idea why our ex manager being a success the other side of the world matters one bit to us.

The Pena transfer is all linked to Pedro doing well. Surely that’s obvious?

On a personal level, I liked Pedro as a guy , so I hope he does well.

We should all be hoping that Pena does well and turns out a superstar. Only way we are getting anything back on him. A bye-product of that would likely be Caixinha doing well. So what? I just want to see us get money back into Rangers.

All seems rather unlikely unfortunately.

The problem with that is that you have a player who could've disruptive to the team. It still doesn't add up to me why these duds were signed. Almost as if Pedro was 'doing them a favour'.

I see your point but I would counter with, by next pre season, this squad should be tight as a group and any prima Donna sh#te by Pena, would quickly alienate him.

Couldn't really give a monkey's how former managers etc are getting on most of the time, but struggling to sleep and ended up catching a good 75-80 mins of this utter pish. Beat off team bottom of the league and since Pena is technically still our player, I honestly have no idea how we will get shot of him based on what I just witnessed. His own fans booing him coming on and same again at full time. Would love to know what sort of recruitment process we have/had in place to allow us to fork out so much on someone so talentless. And before people start saying he scored some goals for us, that is true, but I believe my 10 year old son could have put away the same chances he did. Can't see the caravan man lasting to long there if I'm honest, which worries me as to what will actually happen with the deal we have in place for the human tractor. Time will tell I suppose ...
You a new member and not interested in our old manager eh.

We down a man that controlled our midfield we aren't tying now.. I know my team has its problems but when you give a shit ref that has been doing what he has makes it even harder... it's like playing extra handicapped never said we were gods I know we ain't especially with the start we've had I ain't blind..

From the Cruz Azul Mod on Reddit. There's plenty others saying the ref has been playing for Atlas the whole first half. Pedro continues his luck with refs it seems...:D

Sad the level of obsession by some on here. Very similar to the Tim’s. not as much a difference as some like to think. Good luck to the lad hope he settles down and makes it work. Best for the club.

I never said I was using them as a barrometer of truth mate. You stated ‘his wage seems to go up’ on here. I’m simply pointing out that isn’t the case. For, the most part, folk have stuck to that figure.

What you want to believe his ACTUAL wage is, is up to you. I believe it’s 28k though.

Aye and that has been the case in my experience. Even in this thread there's a poster saying it's 20k then another one later on saying 30k.

Can I ask why you believe it's 28k? Do you have a contact at the club? If not I find it odd that you're plucking this figure out the air when the guy who actually made the deal has publicly said it's less than that.

Have a very good friend over here who’s from Mexico and he is adamant that Pena is a good player but is hampered by his lifestyle, attitude and therefore lack of fitness. He did also predict that he wouldn’t succeed outwith Mexico. Just saying

thats what i hear too.

17 caps for national team says he has the ability.

Aye and that has been the case in my experience. Even in this thread there's a poster saying it's 20k then another one later on saying 30k.

Can I ask why you believe it's 28k? Do you have a contact at the club? If not I find it odd that you're plucking this figure out the air when the guy who actually made the deal has publicly said it's less than that.

The guy that’s made the deal has publicly stated, he hasn’t spunked a huge amount of his clubs budget on a guy that’s been pish for us, and had started no better for them? That’s odd :D

We certainly wouldn't have lost with Pena in that team today.

Give him 17 attempts at goal and I'm pretty sure he would have got more than the one we scored, but hey lets trust Murty's judgement.

thats what i hear too.

17 caps for national team says he has the ability.

That is p!sh FF says so,

17 caps for who though, are they not like only about the 10th biggest country in the world with only something like a population of 120 million to pick from. Kinda like the Faroe Islands, small pool of players to pick from, although the big difference is they continually make it to the later stages of all the major international tournaments.

I was hoping to open this thread to read Cruz were sweeping all before them. Looks like the chances of us getting shot of this dud permanently are disappearing fast. As for the fraudulent one, how this guy continues to get a gig in football is beyond me. He is nothing more than a common trickster.
With a CV that now includes us :confused:

Back