Cummings & Souttar

A recent bit of trivia i learned from the hilarious thread about the 1930 WC. But a lot of the USA team that got to the Semi-final, were of Scottish heritage. I could only find Bart McGhee, as being Scottish born when i did my 2mins of research though haha.

Still i know he was Scottish and made it to a WC semi-final. He actually scored the 2nd goal in world cup history.

There was a bit of chat somewhere ( maybe tv before their first game) about Scottish influence on Australian football- half their early teams were Scottish and theres a crazy amount of players since then of Scottish descent. Doesn't really answer your question though cos the aussies have only got past the first round once before.
So many countries/ clubs round the world had a massive scottish influence in their infancy though. Wish we were still so influential

A recent bit of trivia i learned from the hilarious thread about the 1930 WC. But a lot of the USA team that got to the Semi-final, were of Scottish heritage. I could only find Bart McGhee, as being Scottish born when i did my 2mins of research though haha.

Still i know he was Scottish and made it to a WC semi-final. He actually scored the 2nd goal in world cup history.
Bart , great name is it short for Bartholomew which is a better name again

Arm across the chest and he goes down like he's been shot in the face. Team of rats this Uruguay squad.

The USA team beat England 1-0 in the 1950 WC in Belo Horizonte?

I think the guy who scored the goal was from Scottish stock.

On a sidenote, Pacific Quay Emerald did an article on Soutar and it would appear Celtic lover Shellagh McLaren has moved from SNPTV to Pacific Quay.

Along with his two brothers Francis and Kevin :p

I remember watching a Boca Juniors game many years ago and there was this swarthy dude called McAllister playing for them (his dad) and he had a ginger barnet
I read somewhere that Messi had told the players to stop calling McAllister Ginger as he doesn’t like it.

There was a bit of chat somewhere ( maybe tv before their first game) about Scottish influence on Australian football- half their early teams were Scottish and theres a crazy amount of players since then of Scottish descent. Doesn't really answer your question though cos the aussies have only got past the first round once before.
So many countries/ clubs round the world had a massive scottish influence in their infancy though. Wish we were still so influential
Don’t be silly the biggest influence in Aussie football has been big Ange everyone knows that forget all this Scottish crap

Back