Cup Final Line Up

McLaughlan, Davis and Lowry must start.

Fit a team around them.

After that sore defeat we need stability in defence, composure and class in midfield and creativity going forward.

My team would be:

McLaughlin
Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey
Davis Lundstram
Aribo Lowry Kent
Roofe

The player that cost us missed the pen.
He has been in those situations more than the others, I was more worried about arfield until I saw his face. Knew he would score, Ramsey looked like he would rather be on the moon knew he was going to miss. Not only a save by the keeper, but the weakest pen taken out of all of them.

Goldson should and will start
They both cost us.
He is the reason we are in the final
Starfelt scored the winner in the semi.

Not sure why so many have Roofe in their team. He quite plainly wasn't fit enough for more than a cameo last night or he'd have been on sooner. Travelling today so, at best, one more training session tomorrow. That's not going to see him fit to start. Bench at best.

McLaughlin

Tav
King
Balogun
Bassey

Lundstram
Sands
Davis

Lowry
Sakala
Amad

I suspect the likes of Goldson, Kent will play but I dont think they should. Saturday needs an XI with a bit of zip and desire to go direct for goal.

Hearts are ponderous and movement with speed will cause them problems but if we are pedestrian its only going to level the game and play into their hands.

No knock on Ramsay but he shouldnt be starting or appearing given hes so short of being ready.

Back