Cup final team selection

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Who plays? So many don't deserve to
So many injuries. Guess it depends who is fit.

Butland
Tav
Yilmaz
Davies
Souttar
Sterling centre mid
Raskin
Diomande yip three in midfield instead of surrendering that area.
Will Sima be fit?
Names in hat.
Not sure.

Front few not sure at all. Dessers will probably play.

Butland
Yilmaz
Souttar
Davies
Sterling
Diomande
Raskin
Tav
Sima ( hopefully)
Dessers
Silva or Matondo
We need pace and width and legs in the midfield

Butland
Balogun Souttar Davies
Tavernier Sterling Raskin Ridvan
Cantwell Silva
Dessers​

Clement has to try something different. Absolutely no way Barisic, Lundstram or Lawrence should be anywhere near the cup final team. Somehow, Clement needs to go with an athletic midfield. Maybe Sterling, Diomande and Cantwell will be as good as it will get. But for sure he can’t go with caravan towers like Lundstram and Lawrence. And I’d play absolutely anyone rather than Barisic.

Going to be a right laugh when Lundstram is on the team sheet and Sterling is playing somewhere else other than CM. Again.

Maybe chuck in geriatrics Tom Lawrence and Borna Barisic for good measure.

It's worrying that many here see the biggest culprits and weaker areas in the team but Phil seems oblivious to it at times.

Depending on fitness....

Butland

Tav
Balogun
Davies
Yilmaz

Sterling
Raskin
Diomande

Sima
Dessers
Silva

Probably the best of what we have left.

It'll end me if Clement plays lundstram again.

Who plays? So many don't deserve to
So many injuries. Guess it depends who is fit.

Butland
Tav
Yilmaz
Davies
Souttar
Sterling centre mid
Raskin
Diomande yip three in midfield instead of surrendering that area.
Will Sima be fit?
Names in hat.
Not sure.

Front few not sure at all. Dessers will probably play.
However we select in the front 3 Siva can't be one of them

Clement has to try something different. Absolutely no way Barisic, Lundstram or Lawrence should be anywhere near the cup final team. Somehow, Clement needs to go with an athletic midfield. Maybe Sterling, Diomande and Cantwell will be as good as it will get. But for sure he can’t go with caravan towers like Lundstram and Lawrence. And I’d play absolutely anyone rather than Barisic.
Think a big difference would be if both Sima and Matondo were fit width and pace and we need energy in the middle of the pitch

Let's wait and see who is injured and who isn't. We can sit here and say I'd start this player or that player but given how it's gone this season, fully expecting us to get another injury.

Not sure about Dio - he can get lost at times - especially in big games. But don’t want Lundstram anywhere near the starting 11.

Back