Cup Final tv Clash

Don't see that as a realistic scenario given Wembley a much bigger ground to fill than Hampden and fans traveling 4 hours down south for the game (on the premise of fans of both Manchester clubs actually being from manchester), whereas Hampden 15 mins away from the OF clubs. Far easier logistically to move the time of the OF for TV than the fa cup final..fans in Scotland won't have same hassle of sorting hotels and expensive train/coach/etc travel to sort either the morning of or the night before the game as the fa cup final ticket holders will.

Anyways seems both games kicking off at 3pm so is what it is. As has been said people watching on TV have plenty of options to be able to watch both either at the same time or one after the other.
I was being slight facetious

I'd prefer ours to be on the Sunday
I'm first to complain about league matches not being 3pm Saturday kick offs by the way
It's just that other family related arrangements clash with the Saturday this time
& I suppose I've got used to big matches taking place on a Sunday - so I don't think the game would be diminished in any way

Let’s be honest (and this isn’t a take on whose derby is bigger) the more viewed game from people tuning in will be for the FA Cup. I’d say it would make sense for our game to be played first, more will watch this whilst waiting for the FA cup game. Kicking ours off earlier or theirs later makes sense and benefits both games.

Let’s be honest (and this isn’t a take on whose derby is bigger) the more viewed game from people tuning in will be for the FA Cup. I’d say it would make sense for our game to be played first, more will watch this whilst waiting for the FA cup game. Kicking ours off earlier or theirs later makes sense and benefits both games.
FA Cup is a confirmed 3pm

The Scottish Cup Final should always be a Saturday at 3pm. You don't %^*& with tradition.

If the FA Cup Final is at the same time - so be it. Happened many times in the past.
Agreed ,i used to go down to largs with mates to watch the F.A cup final ,if we were not playing in our own scottish cup final....great day out.

:D

People will tell you it’s travel.

What they really mean is, it’s 2 hours extra in the pub. :)

I’m sure I remember the FA Cup Final being later in the day previously?
Since 2012 it has been around 5.15pm/5,30pm

Only back to 3pm in the last years and this season

Agree. Tho I think the OF carries more intrigue as its a much closer game on paper.

Nowhere near it.

Got any figures to verify this? I haven't, so genuinely asking.

Yeah I’m sure it was a 530 kick off last year, I can’t see a valid reason why it’s not the same this year and our game is earlier.

Why?? The Scottish cup final always kicks off at 3.fans plan there day around the 3 o clock kick off on cup final day.who cares about a great days viewing,most rangers fans will be fully focused on one game and one game only.
So what your saying is, you can’t plan accordingly for an event in 5 weeks time which may be 2hrs earlier than originally scheduled?

3pm is ideal for most people, before and after the game, especially those going to the game I guess. It's about savouring the day as well, and that time allows that without bringing the game too soon, nor letting it linger too far into the day.
But surely, kick off 1pm, earlier, gives you the rest of the day to get on with and hopefully celebrate AND watch the fa cup final
In a pub. It’s not like you can get a drink in the stadium ffs.

Yeah I’m sure it was a 530 kick off last year, I can’t see a valid reason why it’s not the same this year and our game is earlier.

3pm last year, it was past 5 for a good few years though. Comes down to trains partially when folk are coming from the north and Manchester ain't too bad compared to some places for it, many places are knackered for getting home with a 17:30 kick off.

Us older bears will remember the days when they were both played at 3pm on the Saturday, and we just got the goals at half time in the English final.
I think the first time they were played on different Saturdays was 1993, but not sure why it was that year. I remember being through at Brockville while the Arsenal Sheffield Wednesday final was on and thinking wtf? And apart from last year, the English FA cup final has been played at half 5 for about 10/15 years or so.
Changed days indeed.

Play one on Saturday and play one on Sunday or move one to lunchtime for a double header. Both going to be incredible games and it would be a shame if people have to choose between one or the other.
%^*& that sunday nonsense

I couldn’t give a monkeys about the Fa cup final

no trains into Glasgow due to rail engineering that would allow hetting to Hampden for the ick off if brought forward. Mind you no trains back either

Agree. Tho I think the OF carries more intrigue as its a much closer game on paper.

Got any figures to verify this? I haven't, so genuinely asking.
100% OF is better but I think you’ll get a lot tuning in for our game that might not normally whilst they wait for the FA. Suppose I don’t really care that much anyway but if our game is needing more exposure then I think it’s better

Back