Current Squad and Likely Outgoings

I’d say roughly 30% of the squad needs turned over this year with another 30-40% the following year.

I’d build the squad around Butland, Yilmaz, Souttar, Sterling, Diomandé, Raskin, Danilo, Cortes. Supplemented with McCausland, Fraser, King, Devine etc.

The rest I’m genuinely not bothered about in the slightest.

McLaughlin, Balogun, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Barisic, Lundstram, jack, Lawrence, Dowell, cantwell, Matondo, Dessers, Lammers, Roofe, Cifuentes, Hagi, Wright - all of these need to leave either in 2024 or 2025.

Will be a lot shipped out but not this many, despite the emotions. Won't be sorted in one window either.

Got to think of where to prioritise the little cash we have.

Next season's squad in my head.

Butland / McCrorie

Tavernier / Devine
Souttar / 2 new CBs (one on loan) / maybe another year for Balogun
Ridvan / Fraser

Raskin / Diomande / Sterling / new CM (priority signing and should take all our budget
Cantwell / New Attacking midfielder

McCausland / Sima / Cortes

Dessers / Danilo / New striker

McKinnon, Lowry, Yfeko, Rice as backup. If we include Cortes & Sima, that's 7 new players who need to be good enough to start.

Then we need to look at full back replacements in January.

This summer will need £20m minimum to fund it. I think we'll be losing Butland.

Realistically, we just need less injuries, not less players.

Cortes is a game changer and would start ahead of Silva every day of the week. I'd feel pretty confident next season with a left side of Yilmaz and Cortes.

If we can keep Danilo and Dessers fit for a whole season we'll get goals. All they need is a quality attacking midfielder and wingers to feed them. None of this crossing from deep pish we've been doing the majority of the season.

We need to stop the Lundstram dropping and coming from deep kind of midfielder and let the central defenders do that job as they're more than capable of carrying the ball.

A quality right sided winger that can cover Tav would be amazing but pricey. Like Candeias but better.

Also note I never said we would bring in 25 players, I said I could see us moving on 25 players. Then circa 10 players in. We don't (or shouldnt!!) need a team of 37 players and so many of the guys leaving have contributed next to nothing all season.
Mate, imagine our squad right now with 15 less players. The squad will be trimmed and you’ve to hope they will be fitter/less prone to injury; but a net change of 15 is beyond wild.

Will be a lot shipped out but not this many, despite the emotions. Won't be sorted in one window either.

Got to think of where to prioritise the little cash we have.

Next season's squad in my head.

Butland / McCrorie

Tavernier / Devine
Souttar / 2 new CBs (one on loan) / maybe another year for Balogun
Ridvan / Fraser

Raskin / Diomande / Sterling / new CM (priority signing and should take all our budget
Cantwell / New Attacking midfielder

McCausland / Sima / Cortes

Dessers / Danilo / New striker

McKinnon, Lowry, Yfeko, Rice as backup. If we include Cortes & Sima, that's 7 new players who need to be good enough to start.

Then we need to look at full back replacements in January.

This summer will need £20m minimum to fund it. I think we'll be losing Butland.
Don't think this will be far off, although ideally Tav's time will be up (best for us and him).

£20m should be enough but only if we get the signings right. That's what worries me more than the money. Although from what Clement said the other day he and Kloppen have it all planned out, just need to hope they understand what's required. After some recent team selections I'm starting to have some doubts about that, though.

So if I’m getting this right. You’d keep 6 of the squad and one of those because we’re committed to buy. So you’re suggesting we bring in possibly 19 players to make up a 25 man squad, or we we becoming a 5’s team?
No I said there was only 6 that I wouldn’t at least listen for offers if they were significant but a lot of them would take serious offers to go. The ones listed as “gone” or “sell” are the ones I would absolutely move on regardless. Assuming no suitable bids come in, and I don’t think they will then my squad would look like:

Goalkeepers
  • Jack Butland
  • Robby McCrorie
  • 3rd choice keeper (move up from academy)
Defenders
  • NEW CB
  • NEW CB
  • John Souttar
  • Leon King
  • Ridvan Yilmaz
  • Dujon Sterling
  • Robbie Fraser
  • Adam Devine
  • NEW Backup CB
Midfielders
  • Todd Cantwell
  • Nicolas Raskin
  • Mohamed Diomandé
  • LOAN - Oscar Cortes
  • NEW CM
  • NEW BACKUP CM
  • LOAN - Winger
Forwards
  • Cyriel Dessers
  • Danilo
  • LOAN BACKUP ST
  • NEW - Young forward with promise
  • Ross McCausland
Not including academy player moving up that’s a squad of 24 and if we get the right players that’s a good squad 6 new signings and 3 loans plus our obligation to buy Dio. That’s 10 incoming which is not unreasonable and is pretty much the average number we have bought since Gerrard came in.

Previous summers:
2023 - 9
2022 - 7
2021 - 4
2020 - 10
2021 - 10
2018 -16

After that as I said above it then becomes a like for like replacement if big money come in for players - if we get offered money for Yilmaz that we can think we can buy a better player than then that’s another 1 our 1 in sort of thing.

That makes sense. Approximately 10 incoming, probably need 12, would be reasonable.

Least of our problems at the moment, but who on earth will be Captain from that list? Butland would be a good shout if it weren't for the new rule about only the captain being able to approach the referee.

That makes sense. Approximately 10 incoming, probably need 12, would be reasonable.

Least of our problems at the moment, but who on earth will be Captain from that list? Butland would be a good shout if it weren't for the new rule about only the captain being able to approach the referee.
I think it would have to be a new player coming in as don’t see any of our current players being able to step up.

Who is buying our players still under contract? Whos going to sign tav, Goldson, Lawrence, dowell etc? The standard of club these players will attract interest from won't interest them or match their wages

Who is buying our players still under contract? Whos going to sign tav, Goldson, Lawrence, dowell etc? The standard of club these players will attract interest from won't interest them or match their wages
I’ve said on other threads that a Tav or Goldson told they are not required and can leave for free would likely go quickly for someone (Saudi?) for the same wages. Lawrence and Matondo would be more difficult and we may be stuck with them (which would of course mean maybe a player less coming in) but we should be trying to tout them around the championship. Dowell sadly I see that being one we announce last day of the transfer window has been terminated by mutual consent (ie we give him a big payoff!). The other option for them all is we loan them out while paying part of their wages but obviously that’s not great in anyone’s interests.

I’ve said on other threads that a Tav or Goldson told they are not required and can leave for free would likely go quickly for someone (Saudi?) for the same wages. Lawrence and Matondo would be more difficult and we may be stuck with them (which would of course mean maybe a player less coming in) but we should be trying to tout them around the championship. Dowell sadly I see that being one we announce last day of the transfer window has been terminated by mutual consent (ie we give him a big payoff!). The other option for them all is we loan them out while paying part of their wages but obviously that’s not great in anyone’s interests.
Would teams want to waste some of their foreign allocation on Tav and Goldson? Although jack hendry does play so there is a chance

We need to learn to offload some of the dead weight that are on contracts that they will never get in their life again. Tell them they won't be playing again and offer them some of the transfer fee to go.

Need to cut our losses instead of letting them hang around for 4 years taking a wage.

I listed them and against them I put will go and should go. In terms of who I think will certainly go:

Almost Certainly Gone
Jon McLaughlin - ooc
Leon Balogun -ooc
Borna Barisic - ooc
John Lundstram - ooc
Ryan Jack - ooc
Kieran Dowell - can see contract ripped up
Cole McKinnon - Loan
Bailey Rice - Loan or move elsewhere (supposeduly unhappy here and regrets his move)
Alex Lowry - Rumoured to be off, hasnt cut it anywhere
Oscar Cortes - Injury will stop us risking either permanent fee or loan fee IMO
Fábio Silva - We've confirmed he's off
Scott Wright - tried to offload him last season, will be easier to deal with last year of contract.
Zak Lovelace - ooc
Sima - Doubt we can afford
Kemar Roofe - ooc
Kieran Wright - ooc
Sam Lammers - almost certainly sold after his performance in Holland
Jose Cifuentes - almost certainly wont play another game for us

Large Chance Will Go (>50/50)
Butland - money will be too much
Leon King (loan)
Ianis Hagi - doesnt seem to have a place in the team
Todd Cantwell - seems a personality clash with the manager

So the realistic option is even worse! We have 23 players leaving including those we want to keep. We have pretty much had to keep 5 of the 8 from the backline this season, starting Tav and Goldson and relying on Matondo and Lawrence contributing!

Dowell could get small fee from championship imo.

Same with Scott Wright.
Scott wrights the same but on a far lesser extent, he’s on about 5k a week with us, be tough for him to get that else where, he’s only a year left so he might accept a 3 year deal elsewhere on lesser money,

Likes of Tav and Goldson and on over 30k a week and have another two years to go

We need to face reality.

We will be costcutting while they throw serious money around.

We really had to win the title this year.

Its been an utter shambles to the end of the season.
It's not about spending big money, it's about spending it wisely.

Look at the cheap players we've signed recently:

Butland - free
Sterling - free
Bassey - free
Kamara - £50k

Look who Celtic have signed:

Mooy - free
Maeda - £1.5m
O'Reilly - £1.5m
Hart - £1.2m
Juranovic - £3m
Hatate - 1.5m

You don't need to spend a fortune to get good quality in.

Between us we've signed some utter dross for a lot more money.

Bernabei - £4.3m
Oh - £2.8m
Yang - £2.5m
Lagerbeilke - £3.4m
Nawrocki - £5m
Palma - £4.8m
Lammers - £4m
Davies - £4.7m
Matondo - £3m
Roofe - £5m and is never fit
Dessers - £5m but isn't what we need
Yilmaz - £4m looking better now but hasn't played much.

When you look at the amount of money wasted by both sides it just goes to show that good scouting and sensible buys goes a long way rather than just spending x amount and think they will be good because of their transfer fee.

No I said there was only 6 that I wouldn’t at least listen for offers if they were significant but a lot of them would take serious offers to go. The ones listed as “gone” or “sell” are the ones I would absolutely move on regardless. Assuming no suitable bids come in, and I don’t think they will then my squad would look like:

Goalkeepers
  • Jack Butland
  • Robby McCrorie
  • 3rd choice keeper (move up from academy)
Defenders
  • NEW CB
  • NEW CB
  • John Souttar
  • Leon King
  • Ridvan Yilmaz
  • Dujon Sterling
  • Robbie Fraser
  • Adam Devine
  • NEW Backup CB
Midfielders
  • Todd Cantwell
  • Nicolas Raskin
  • Mohamed Diomandé
  • LOAN - Oscar Cortes
  • NEW CM
  • NEW BACKUP CM
  • LOAN - Winger
Forwards
  • Cyriel Dessers
  • Danilo
  • LOAN BACKUP ST
  • NEW - Young forward with promise
  • Ross McCausland
Not including academy player moving up that’s a squad of 24 and if we get the right players that’s a good squad 6 new signings and 3 loans plus our obligation to buy Dio. That’s 10 incoming which is not unreasonable and is pretty much the average number we have bought since Gerrard came in.

Previous summers:
2023 - 9
2022 - 7
2021 - 4
2020 - 10
2021 - 10
2018 -16

After that as I said above it then becomes a like for like replacement if big money come in for players - if we get offered money for Yilmaz that we can think we can buy a better player than then that’s another 1 our 1 in sort of thing.
Essentially you’re replacing half of the current crop with youth team players.

That squad needs 4 or 5 injuries and you’re relying on youth (who we’ve no idea as to the quality about) - bearing in mind you’re using 16 players every 3/4 days.

Celtic have 28 players before you consider a single youth. You’ve got 24 including Devine, Fraser, King, academy keeper, loan back up and young forward.

18 vs 28 senior pro’s - playing 65 game seasons with a game every 3/4 days that uses 16 men per game.

Maybe trimming the squad by 10-15 players isn’t the best idea..

Don't think this will be far off, although ideally Tav's time will be up (best for us and him).

£20m should be enough but only if we get the signings right. That's what worries me more than the money. Although from what Clement said the other day he and Kloppen have it all planned out, just need to hope they understand what's required. After some recent team selections I'm starting to have some doubts about that, though.

Get the feeling he's overthinking things with selection, trying to manage minutes with sport science and long term planning. I don't think that'll be an issue once he's planned it all from base pre season training.

Hoping we can punt Lammers, Cifuentes, Goldson and Davies since we need funds for ravamping the training facilities along with medical/fitness staff changes.

pretty sure you'd be able to nominate an outfield player to take the role on

Butland is the only candidate for captaincy for me assuming the likes of Tav/Goldson move on

Would teams want to waste some of their foreign allocation on Tav and Goldson? Although jack hendry does play so there is a chance
Again without wanting to get into specific player praising or bashing, Goldson would be a standout defender in the Saudi league and for free and only £40k a week or so. Tav would absolutely run riot in Saudi as his defensive deficiencies wouldn’t be exposed.

Again without wanting to get into specific player praising or bashing, Goldson would be a standout defender in the Saudi league and for free and only £40k a week or so. Tav would absolutely run riot in Saudi as his defensive deficiencies wouldn’t be exposed.
run riot? He wouldn’t be playing for one of the bigger teams so he would be up against quality attackers constantly so he’s likely to be pinned back, Although I’m not sure on the depth of the league if it’s just a few teams who have quality and the rest full of rubbish

Essentially you’re replacing half of the current crop with youth team players.

That squad needs 4 or 5 injuries and you’re relying on youth (who we’ve no idea as to the quality about) - bearing in mind you’re using 16 players every 3/4 days.

Celtic have 28 players before you consider a single youth. You’ve got 24 including Devine, Fraser, King, academy keeper, loan back up and young forward.

18 vs 28 senior pro’s - playing 65 game seasons with a game every 3/4 days that uses 16 men per game.

Maybe trimming the squad by 10-15 players isn’t the best idea..
Thing is the “experienced” back ups just aren’t good enough! I’d rather McKinnon had been given more of a chance than Lawrence, Archie Steven’s over Wright etc. If that’s too many then you could look at something like:
Already away / OOC

McLaughlin

Balogun

Jack

Lundstram

Roofe

Silva

Borna

Must sell

Tav

Goldson

Lawrence

Dowell

Wright

Sell but not currently at club

Lammers

Cifu

Likely can’t afford

Sima

Still has the likes of Matondo, Hagi, Davies who aren’t good enough but if the manager feels he needs to keep more experienced players there then maybe he chooses to. I wouldn’t agree with it but maybe Balogun gets a 1 year extension?

I think we can all agree that at least 6/9 of the current OOC will be away (and should be away) with maybe Cortes, Balogun and if we’re lucky Sima staying. Then 2 of the players I’ve said will be sold aren’t at the club yet. That leaves 5 players I am prioritising moving on - Wright and Dowell I doubt anyone will disagree with. Lawrence still has his fans but wouldn’t be a big loss. So the only real arguments folk seem that have with this clear out is again down to tribal views on Tav and Goldson - which are covered in many other threads.

run riot? He wouldn’t be playing for one of the bigger teams so he would be up against quality attackers constantly so he’s likely to be pinned back, Although I’m not sure on the depth of the league if it’s just a few teams who have quality and the rest full of rubbish
It’s pretty much only a few class players and a bunch of folk who look like they’ve never seen a football before! I tried a few times to get into it with Ronaldo being there but I just can’t!

Whilst i agree with the op, realistically a lot of they players will still be here next season due to the size of the rebuild. It`s simply not possible to replace an entire team in one go with ffp. Even if we had won the league this year it would still be a massive task.

The club needs a cultural change on every level, moreso than a tactical or leadership change, and you’re on here touting for Goldson and Tav to be the right hand side of our defence going into 2025?! :D

Clement won’t make Halloween if they two are still here - and rightly so.

And by all means, bookmark that.

But you're doing that thing again where you blame the guys who actually contribute because the rest of the team is pish. If you put Tav & Goldson into Celtic's team they still win the league this season, comfortably.

There's already going to be so much change and squad turnover this summer so I'd say it's wishful thinking that we're going to get rid of these guys as well where there are far more pressing issues to address across the pitch.

Another issue is that some of the players you guys are pinning your hopes on have been shown to be injury prone. Guys like Ridvan, Sterling, Sima etc have all been out with different injuries this season.

As much as we're scunnered with them, guys like Tav, Goldson, Lundstram rarely miss a game through injury.

We need to sign more robust players because the current crop are made of chocolate.

So I have been looking through the squad to see quite the extent of the rebuild we have and it was quite eye opening! Including the 4 boys out on loan we have 37 players in our squad!! Even at 31 thats half a dozen too many. Of that 35 its as good as guaranteed that 10 of these will be gone (OOC or end of loan). A further 13 of these are players I would say absolutely need to go! Of the remaining 13 there are 8 of those players I would be open to offers for as they are just not good enough for where we want to be, are injury prone or we could cash in on. Taking that aside there are only 6 players I can say I would definitely keep. One of them is our goalie who I think will be gone, one is Sterling who can't stay fit and one is McAusland who should only ever be a squad player!

So yes maybe I need to be more circumspect in terms of players who I would sell if this were football manager and a big bid came in for Butland I'd have a squad of McCrorie, Sterling, Diamonde, Danilo and McAusland o_O

Goalkeepers
  • Jack Butland - Keep but will probaby be sold.
  • Robby McCrorie - Keep
  • Jon McLaughlin - Gone
Defenders
  • James Tavernier - Sell!
  • Connor Goldson - Sell!
  • Ben Davies - Sell!
  • John Souttar - Listen to offers
  • Leon King - Listen to offers
  • Leon Balogun - Likely Gone (should be)
  • Ridvan Yilmaz - Listen to offers (injury prone)
  • Borna Barisic - Gone
  • Dujon Sterling - Keep
  • Robbie Fraser - Keep but if not good enough now to replace Borna it says he’s not good enough.
Midfielders
  • John Lundstram - Gone
  • Ryan Jack - Gone
  • Todd Cantwell - Listen to offers
  • Nicolas Raskin - Listen to offers
  • Mohamed Diomandé - Probably only guarantee to be here
  • Kieran Dowell - Sell
  • Cole McKinnon - Loan out
  • Bailey Rice - Loan out
  • Alex Lowry - Sell
  • Oscar Cortes - Gone
  • Scott Wright - Sell!!
Forwards
  • Fábio Silva - Gone
  • Cyriel Dessers - Listen to offers
  • Tom Lawrence - Sell!!
  • Rabbi Matondo - Sell!
  • Ross McCausland - Keep (Squad player)
  • Zak Lovelace - Gone
  • Sima - Gone (because we can’t afford him!)
  • Kemar Roofe - Gone
  • Danilo - Keep

Loans
  • Kieran Wright - Gone
  • Sam Lammers - Sell!
  • Ianis Hagi - Listen to offers
  • Jose Cifuentes - Sell!
*edited to add players forgot about!
Instead of your wish list why not be realistic? Phil ain't going to ditch all of them(who would want some?) even if he wanted to.
The first thing to change should be the medical team.
On a football not the spine of the team needs strengthened first Hopefully a beast at centre half that can play a bit. a beast in midfield that can play more than a bit and a beast of a number 9 that can hold the ball up, bring team mates into play and doesn't dither in front of goal.

Interesting choices for sure OP. I'm wondering what the significance of one, two or zero !'s means for these players? :)) ;)

I have been following Rangers for well over half a century and this is going to be the largest rebuild in my lifetime.
Clement must have three objectives, 1) lower the age of the squad, 2) decrease the numbers in the squad and 3) reduce the wage bill. All this before we talk about bringing in fitter more dynamic players.

if you're a sellik fan, you're injecting this into your veins.

we are an absolute shambles.

if you're a sellik fan, you're injecting this into your veins.

we are an absolute shambles.
They shouldn’t be so quick to revel in it! We’re talking about how we need a complete overhaul of anything between 10 and 20 players at both extremes, yet we took the title down to the wire and have already won a cup against them. What does that say if this is us at our worst?

Instead of your wish list why not be realistic? Phil ain't going to ditch all of them(who would want some?) even if he wanted to.
The first thing to change should be the medical team.
On a football not the spine of the team needs strengthened first Hopefully a beast at centre half that can play a bit. a beast in midfield that can play more than a bit and a beast of a number 9 that can hold the ball up, bring team mates into play and doesn't dither in front of goal.
I was being realistic! The players I said are almost certainly off / OOC will be away anyway, it’s all but confirmed. My ‘sell’ are only 5 players - Dowell, Lawrence, Tav, Goldson and Wright. Wright should be easy to just settle his contract to allow him to go for free. If Dowell has to stick around until someone takes him then fine I can live with that. So my ‘wish list’ for players out which I think is perfectly realistic is only 3 players!

And I’m less demanding than you for striker too as I would go with what we have and add a backup there.

I don’t think selling / getting rid of an additional 4 players over and above what has already no doubt been agreed with the manager is unrealistic or unreasonable.

I was being realistic! The players I said are almost certainly off / OOC will be away anyway, it’s all but confirmed. My ‘sell’ are only 5 players - Dowell, Lawrence, Tav, Goldson and Wright. Wright should be easy to just settle his contract to allow him to go for free. If Dowell has to stick around until someone takes him then fine I can live with that. So my ‘wish list’ for players out which I think is perfectly realistic is only 3 players!

And I’m less demanding than you for striker too as I would go with what we have and add a backup there.

I don’t think selling / getting rid of an additional 4 players over and above what has already no doubt been agreed with the manager is unrealistic or unreasonable.

Why would you get rid of Wright by releasing him though? Bare in mind we need Scottish players for the European squad.

Why would you get rid of Wright by releasing him though? Bear in mind we need Scottish players for the European squad.
He’s been here so long now and has not contributed one thing I can think of in Europe. His position would be better filled by a youngster IMO.

There are 30 players on that list as Sell, Gone or listen to Offers.

A bit unrealistic.
Yeah I’ve said further down obviously all the “listen to offers” won’t go - maybe one will go but certainly not all. Those guys were more aimed at the point I wouldn’t be sorry if any of them individually left. Collectively they won’t all. I think the Gone list will be away, and the Sell list SHOULD be away.

I completely agree with that whole list. But there is just no chance we can wheel and deal for those amount of players. I think there will be a lot of us really disappointed in the summer window. :mad: :mad:

There are 30 players on that list as Sell, Gone or listen to Offers.

A bit unrealistic.
That number is unrealistic but, ultimately, how serious the club are about a proper rebuild and remodelling of standards throughout the club will come down to how many losers they ship out.

I honestly don’t think any single person at the club is prepared for the level of backlash they’ll face if we don’t start well and the likes of Tav, Goldson, Davies, Wright etc are all still involved.

That number is unrealistic but, ultimately, how serious the club are about a proper rebuild and remodelling of standards throughout the club will come down to how many losers they ship out.

I honestly don’t think any single person at the club is prepared for the level of backlash they’ll face if we don’t start well and the likes of Tav, Goldson, Davies, Wright etc are all still involved.
I agree, we need a massive overhaul but its going to probably be done over 2 summers rather than just this one so people need to be be prepared to see a good few faces next season they would rather not see IMO.

We ain't getting into the CL with this present shower.

And in answer to the OP's question. Apart from Butland, Diamonte, Sterling and Cantwell on a good day, the lot can go.
If you bring in 21 new players, we definitely aren’t doing anything positive for the first couple of months of next season. If you bring in 4 quality players to supplement the key positions, you can enhance the team and do well from the start.

If you bring in 21 new players, we definitely aren’t doing anything positive for the first couple of months of next season. If you bring in 4 quality players to supplement the key positions, you can enhance the team and do well from the start.

I absolutely agree in principle. However we need to cleanse the club of the deadwood. We need to rinse the club of the flotsam and jetsam.

Now if the rumours are true that Barisic and Lundstram have signed contracts elsewhere, there is no way they should be considered for our remaining games. In fact I'd have them out of the club as of now.

Getting back to your point though, if we think back to 86/87 and Souness' first season it took till the November, until we steadied the ship. Then it all fell into place. Till Sproatt stoated up.

Next season is going to be tough, but what we have witnessed over the last six years or so, makes me think we have no other choice than to go for it. The old guard simply cannot cut it.

I absolutely agree in principle. However we need to cleanse the club of the deadwood. We need to rinse the club of the flotsam and jetsam.

Now if the rumours are true that Barisic and Lundstram have signed contracts elsewhere, there is no way they should be considered for our remaining games. In fact I'd have them out of the club as of now.

Getting back to your point though, if we think back to 86/87 and Souness' first season it took till the November, until we steadied the ship. Then it all fell into place. Till Sproatt stoated up.

Next season is going to be tough, but what we have witnessed over the last six years or so, makes me think we have no other choice than to go for it. The old guard simply cannot cut it.
If we have a bad start to the season, Clement will probably be sacked before November, and we’ll be back around the same merry go round.

If we have a bad start to the season, Clement will probably be sacked before November, and we’ll be back around the same merry go round.

Now this is May, and I'm telling you now. Unless we're bringing in hitherto unknown class acts and getting rid off the guff, and also hitting the ground running? We can forget the CL, but given the poverty of opposition domestically, I'll agree, with the time needed to gel, we're going to be far away from the yahoos.

You’ve got 8 players out of contract or returning to their parent clubs and another 16 or 17 you’d be looking to sell or loan leaving us with a squad of just 7 people?!

You do realise that we’re not going to add 20 odd new players this summer, right?

Back