Press Conference Cyriel Dessers post-match. Rangers 4-0 Hibs

I hope he kicks on and gets better with confidence. The gaffer will want a lot more from him in terms of speed and contribution or he will be out on his arse.

His link up play, movement to find space and ball control seemed far better today, even just getting his toe onto the ball when Lammers smashed the post was excellent work.

Hopefully the goal breeds confidence, despite the improvements above, he still looked a bit slow in the decision making when he had the chance to get a shot away. His goal was well taken in the end but I'm still in 2 minds as to whether it was absolutely terrific play to keep the ball and pick his spot or if he was starting to panic and just rolled it for the corner. That's potentially very harsh though until I get to see it again.

Really hope he goes on a run now, he's got the attitude and desire, just need to see the talent to match.

I watched his goal again and he was still wanting too much time to pull the trigger. He was fortunate. I hope he now kicks on from here but I have my doubts.
No, that was composure in slotting the ball into the net

Too many times we’ve saw the likes of Alfredo snatch at it and Blooter it off a defender

Poor Dessers can’t do right for wrong

Balls of steel- easy to disappear when getting booed but no every week he's declaring himself fit. Thought today playing the ball in front of him and on the ground suited his skill mix. Hopefully he comes good as always has a smile

Great to see that, great to see a smile on his face. Like I’ve said previously, I’m not giving up on him. Better players than him have had their moments at Rangers. That goal will have done him a world of good but more importantly the reception he got will help him.

Too many times we’ve saw the likes of Alfredo snatch at it and Blooter it off a defender

Agreed, he faked the shot and had the composure to pass it into the net - It was a great finish.

Big man played well today but some posters just cant admit he done well. He even scores and still gets abuse. Mental!

I watched his goal again and he was still wanting too much time to pull the trigger. He was fortunate. I hope he now kicks on from here but I have my doubts.

Thought he led the line really well. Of course, it's just a start but, more displays like today and he will start to win the support over.

He’s a happy chappy, seems a very decent guy actually and it’s very obvious his team mates are behind him.

Nice touch from Cantwell today, after celebrating, TC turned round to face the stand and urged the fans to applaud him. I like to see that.

He’s a happy chappy, seems a very decent guy actually and it’s very obvious his team mates are behind him.

Nice touch from Cantwell today, after celebrating, TC turned round to face the stand and urged the fans to applaud him. I like to see that.

My brother said that to me in the car on the way home. I didn't see that but, it was really noticeable how chuffed the rest of the team were for him, all making a point of congratulating him. It's great to see.

I criticised him a lot since he came in, but really hope he proves us all wrong.

Was a cracking and composed finish from him today that will do his confidence good. Hope he kicks on and now finds some form.

For the younger fans here… our greatest ever striker and absolute legend coukd have sneaked off to Cardiff FC in the English second tier around 1985 after 6 months, became anonymous but he stayed here and believed in his ability to score goals

He tried quick shots earlier only to see them bounce of defenders and arms. Thankfully it fell to Sima to smash home.

This time as you point out he kept calm and slotted it away.

I've never seen a player look so visibly down when a shot doesn't go in. I've went from being angry with him to feelings heart felt sorry for the man.

We've just sacked a manager for lack of organisation, poor man-management and a team lacking effort and belief.

First game under a new manager, overall uplift in effort and commitment, "SUPPORTERS" still abusing players for what happened under the failed manager.

So much for a new beginning and a clean slate.

I had high hopes for the big man so nobody is more gutted than me with what he’s offered so far.

Hard not to like him as a human being watching that interview seems a genuinely likeable character, sadly that’s not what makes you liked at Rangers big man things will need to get better.

Back