Cyriel Dessers talking of receiving verbal abuse.

Abusing him is disgraceful but he's just not good enough to be the main striker, he's decent back up at best.

Certainly wouldn’t verbally abuse the guy or any of them for that matter,I just don’t think he is a clinical enough striker for us.

A wee bit like super Ally.
Dessers has done his job well unlike a few defenders
Ally scored in big games in big moments, and did it regularly. Dessers has put in some costly performances this season, just like the midfield and defence have too, he’s not blameless in all of this. There’s serious flaws in just isolating a players numbers and taking them at face value with zero context, but that’s all football fans seem to do these days. It’s like I said once, that sort of approach will tell you Kris Boyd was a better striker than guys like Dado Prso and Nikica Jelavic. Obviously Dessers is not a player who is deserving of any sort of abuse though, any fans who engage in that should go elsewhere.

Ally scored in big games in big moments, and did it regularly. Dessers has put in some costly performances this season, just like the midfield and defence have too, he’s not blameless in all of this. There’s serious flaws in just isolating a players numbers and taking them at face value with zero context, but that’s all football fans seem to do these days. It’s like I said once, that sort of approach will tell you Kris Boyd was a better striker than guys like Dado Prso and Nikica Jelavic. Obviously Dessers is not a player who is deserving of any sort of abuse though, any fans who engage in that should go elsewhere.
Talking about his first season here.

Back