D Day for Hearts. 5pm tonight declarations heard.

Gio#56

Not much gossip going around apart from Aberdeen stating they won't support Doncaster's 5 year proposal.

Anyone with any news or views please update in here. An interesting day awaits.

SPFL & Doncaster are taking the p - - - out of Hearts and wee Budgie, they have been kicking the can down the road and keeping Hearts dangling as they go about their own agenda. If Hearts are serious about going down the legal route, they should do so now, if not get on with playing in the Championship.

Decision in France due at the beginning of next week I think. Be interesting to see the outcome.

Not sure if rumour or true but the French league has been given 24 hours by the judge to prove why a larger league wasn't possible. Although we are likely to know the answer to this here in Scotland, it however hints that to call a season will have legal grounds in France.

Think the money man that Budge has brought to the table has got Doncaster on the hook, this would’ve been voted down by now if not. How many can be bought who knows but I’d still be shocked if Hearts wriggled out of demotion.

I'd be amazed if today brought anything substantial tbh. Doncaster is stringing Budge along just enough that he can squirm out of legal action, then slap his hands and say "ach well, I tried" while blaming the clubs.

If he was serious about reconstruction it wouldn't be down to Hearts to propose it, the executive would come up with something and present it. The guy gets £400k a year to take all of the praise and none of the blame.

Assume that the 5pm deadline is merely a request and we actually have 28 days to respond. If so, then we should hold back and see if our vote could be used to gain additional support for previous submissions.

Cant see a 28 day deadline surely as next seasons fixtures are usually released by mid June.

Aberdeen have previous for publicly saying one thing then doing the opposite

Still don’t see why any of the “ bottom 6 “ spl clubs would vote to lose an old firm home fixture especially when Hibs voted to deny themselves a top 6 finish and possible European place via the Scottish cup

SPFL & Doncaster are taking the p - - - out of Hearts and wee Budgie, they have been kicking the can down the road and keeping Hearts dangling as they go about their own agenda. If Hearts are serious about going down the legal route, they should do so now, if not get on with playing in the Championship.
The smart money is on Hearts being a premier league club next season.

Aberdeen have previous for publicly saying one thing then doing the opposite

Still don’t see why any of the “ bottom 6 “ spl clubs would vote to lose an old firm home fixture especially when Hibs voted to deny themselves a top 6 finish and possible European place via the Scottish cup

I am liking the Aberdeen chairman of late. Seems he definitely knows the workings of the SPFL/SFA/Celtic cabal.

Has the SPFL/Hollicom released the results yet ?

So we should be expecting the results out pretty soon, even if someone hasn't voted to try and guilt them into voting with the majority?

That's the status quo I'm sure.

Correct. If they think that court action by Budge could in any way lead to their tainted title being brought into question, they will order Doncaster to go with the 5 year plan.

Court action will see corruption in Scottish football. It is the 2nd biggest open secret in this country. Eyes closed, fingers in their eyes, la la la media mentality.

In terms of the Championship Morton are not interested in temporary reconstruction as it is no use for medium term planning and Dave McKinnon said they aren't the only ones thinking along those lines.

I get the feeling nothing much has changed since reconstruction was last discussed and £2million divided among 42 clubs (£47.5K each) isn't going to influence that much, if at all.

What I expect is more delays and obfuscation as they 'ponder the responses' over the weekend.

We will be here next week discussing the same issue no doubt.

I expect absolutely no clarity to be provided today.
It’ll be “inconclusive “ then they’ll “incentivise” enough teams to approve reconstruction by hook or by crook.
They will do ANYTHING to avoid court

In terms of the Championship Morton are not interested in temporary reconstruction as it is no use for medium term planning and Dave McKinnon said they aren't the only ones thinking along those lines.

I get the feeling nothing much has changed since reconstruction was last discussed and £2million divided among 42 clubs (£47.5K each) isn't going to influence that much, if at all.
McKinnon is another deserter, Morton and long term planning? Seriously?

I believe but could be wrong Raith Rovers and Ayr united are the same.

Hearts wanted a declaration that championship clubs could compete in a full season of games. I imagine their thinking was that clubs would say no guarantees. And this would force the SPFLs hand. Looks like clubs are now saying they can and not sure if that benefits Hearts now wanting to be a premiership team. Looks like their money man SPFL investor has given them a problem. Still think 100% this will be forced through by hook or crook as someone else has said.

What is the current state of play there?

i thought PSG were declared champions?

Court ruling on Monday/Tuesday. Rumour is Judge asking for clarification within 24 hours why league reconstruction could not allow all parties to be happy.

I believe but could be wrong Raith Rovers and Ayr united are the same.

Hearts wanted a declaration that championship clubs could compete in a full season of games. I imagine their thinking was that clubs would say no guarantees. And this would force the SPFLs hand. Looks like clubs are now saying they can and not sure if that benefits Hearts now wanting to be a premiership team. Looks like their money man SPFL investor has given them a problem. Still think 100% this will be forced through by hook or crook as someone else has said.

As things stand it won't but there is still time for the SPFL's modus operandi to spring into action (blackmail, coercion, bullying and bribery - perhaps more threatening behaviour than has been seen before).

Cant see how part time clubs will be able to use the money from the hearts investor to allow football behind closed doors. Personally think we will be lucky to see a Premiership never mind a championship. Those below this will be mothballed for sure. With the investors money keeping the lights on. JMO

Assume that the 5pm deadline is merely a request and we actually have 28 days to respond. If so, then we should hold back and see if our vote could be used to gain additional support for previous submissions.
Dont be stupid, that could never happen. Doing what you say amounts to blackmail.

Its not a vote though. It a request for emails canvassing opinion on what it would take for each club to agree to a 14 team top flight. Some, of course, will say under no circumstances. Some will say temp for 2 years, others temp for 5 years and others permanent.

I doubt very much it will happen but we've a way to go yet before its ruled out formally I suspect.

There’s no chance of a consensus on this . Hearts are down and they know it . This is all just posturing and showing they did all they could before court . A complete waste of everybody’s time .

Even the SPFL levels of “ robust “ brown envelopes, threats and coercion won’t be able to fix this one the way they want it .

Not much gossip going around apart from Aberdeen stating they won't support Doncaster's 5 year proposal.

Anyone with any news or views please update in here. An interesting day awaits.
Mate is it mandatory for c;ubs to reply by today 5pm , or have they options to defer ?

Its not a vote though. It a request for emails canvassing opinion on what it would take for each club to agree to a 14 team top flight. Some, of course, will say under no circumstances. Some will say temp for 2 years, others temp for 5 years and others permanent.

I doubt very much it will happen but we've a way to go yet before its ruled out formally I suspect.

In other words the SPFL playing Hearts along, until the interdict would be very harmful to Scottish football starting and more blackmail will follow?

I'd be amazed if today brought anything substantial tbh. Doncaster is stringing Budge along just enough that he can squirm out of legal action, then slap his hands and say "ach well, I tried" while blaming the clubs.

If he was serious about reconstruction it wouldn't be down to Hearts to propose it, the executive would come up with something and present it. The guy gets £400k a year to take all of the praise and none of the blame.

Praise?
For what?

Back