Daily Mail

Looks as if the Daily Mail are boycotting any stories about Rangers. There hasn't been a mention of the team since Monday in the paper. This would seem to suggest that they are not paying the £25,000 charge the club are asking for reporting access.
What's the latest on this? Which media outlets are paying the charge?
If the Mail continue to boycott stories I will just stop buying it. In fact, will stop buying newspapers full stop.
Can't believe anyone still buys papers. They obviously do right enough

Looks as if the Daily Mail are boycotting any stories about Rangers. There hasn't been a mention of the team since Monday in the paper. This would seem to suggest that they are not paying the £25,000 charge the club are asking for reporting access.
If the Mail continue to boycott stories I will just stop buying it. In fact, will stop buying newspapers full stop.
Don't buy don't read don't click!

Go and look at the stewart Robertson video today ,explains it perfectly near the end btw

Newspapers are an irrelevance these days and predictably only exist out of the older generation doing as they did in the past,
this is another industry that will go in the future and all those office blocks will be sold off and developed for new housing or suchlike

But I don't see how charging those who want premium access = getting news directly from the club.

That's just not an accurate assessment of what is happening. If anything it's the opposite. Because it works both ways. Those that pay will feel entitled to ask whatever they want, and Rangers will feel more obliged to accomodate them.

Those not paying, can still get entry to Ibrox to see the games. They aren't shut out. They can still write whatever articles they want. They can still quote interviews etc from other outlets, although now that some have paid for it, they might clamp down on the BBC and others 'stealing' their content. But other than that, nothing has really changed in that respect.

I really think folk are creating issues around this that really don't exist.

Btw, just watched Stewart Robertsons interview, and he says it's purely a commercial decision to charge. Among other reasons, due to the newspapers cutting costs and no longer buying hospitality and advertising like they used to. So it's a quid pro quo scenario really. Even if this is the case, and not just a PR smudge or half truth, then I still have no issue with it at all.

The media in this country have been given access to a modern footballing A-list superstar for years now for free. And what have they done with it? I stopped watching the press conference's for most games because they were so boring and tedious. I mean it takes a special type of yahoo to achieve that with Stevie G in the room. So they really don't deserve to be there. Let's hope we see a marked improvement on them this year for EVERYONE's sake. Rangers, fans, sponsors, SPFL and those that paid for access getting more watchable, sellable & exclusive content instead of the absolute dross we've been served up for so long.

Everyone involved really should now be trying to up their game. I see that as only a win win.
Just saw Stewart Robertsons interview and I can understand where he is coming from as in everybody pays in some shape or form and I particularly noticed the part where the written press used to pay for hospitality and provide advertising which they no longer do.I suppose the press are becoming less relevant as newspaper sales are dwindling but I hope some form of agreement can be reached.

We get the Mail on Saturday for the TV book ( wife prefers it to any other), the paper itself gets a read by her ladyship and a flick through the sports section and financials by yours truly.
I‘ve almost given up on the football content as it’s predominantly Hugh McDonald interviewing a former yahoo or some tosspot with a specious connection to the yahoos or its McGowan doing puff pieces, fanbhoy drivel or stories about his auld Shellic supporting Da. Even the other footballing journalists seem to prefer them to anyone else, so I doubt if Rangers are missing out by not getting covered by the scumbags.

What story have any MSM outlet covered about Rangers in the past 20 years that you would want to know about but couldn't read about on fan/social media?

The end.

Us and Celtc must be responsible for a big percentage of their online hits as well.

One dilemma for the papers is that, if they pay us, other clubs might want paid as well. So it could end up costing them a lot more than £25,000.
Thumbs Up mate. (I read your 2nd sentence and a Blackadder filter applied itself! ) :eek: ;)

@David Edgar Your deal with Newsquest to provide content FOC to the www.rangersreview website now looks even more barny then it did previously.
You are paying 25 grand but will be receiving nothing yourself for providing informed content and potential audience to an organization which effectively is leaching on the back of H&H.
I really don’t get it!!!

Wow you buy newspapers. Chuck it they talk shit. You’ll feel better

They've put a blue plaque for the person who caused Brexit.

The 'gamble', presumably, was holding a referendum (although Blair and Clegg had promised/lied that they would hold one).

No referendum = no Brexit.

The people who put this up don't seem to like the concept of democracy.

Might also add that the current editor of the Mail supported Remain...

Good.

Mental right-wing rag that published some absolutely nonsense about Rangers from 2012 for a good few years.

I'm an unashamed daily Scottish Daily Mail man.

Call it a lifetime habit, I like the feel of a paper in my hand, turning the pages, trying to blow them open when their stuck and the occasional paper cut too, though now not so often. A newspaper is useful for hiding behind when on the bus and tightly rolled, it can literally be turned into a lethal weapon, a mini Millwall cosh.

I buy it because of it's columnists and its anti Separatist stance. Stephen Daisley, Graham Grant, Tom Harris and John McLeod are talented and passionate defenders of our Union.

I'm generally in agreement with the political position it takes. Richard Littlejohn is always a pick-me-up for a dreich Tuesday or providing some TGIF pre-weekend anticipation. Sarah Vine is an interesting writer and yes, even the women's pages can provide some good educational material.

I know what I'm reading when it comes to Scottish football. I can purr knowing how much it sticks in their craw having to praise Rangers. But the English Premiership coverage is first class, Martin Samuel and Ian Ladyman are great observers and critics of the game.

Anyway, each to their own, that's me, old school Loyal :))

We may indeed someday need outside forces to shine a light but that will not be done by the sports press. Remember they were all around in 2012 and accomplished zero, in fact some of then acted as cheerleaders for the spivs.

Last time I bought a paper was to help our new puppy to jobby on while toilet training him.The National proved to be very popular with him.

The newspaper that supported Hitler & Mussolini.

The 'gamble', presumably, was holding a referendum (although Blair and Clegg had promised/lied that they would hold one).

No referendum = no Brexit.

The people who put this up don't seem to like the concept of democracy.

Might also add that the current editor of the Mail supported Remain...
The bottom line states he fxcked off without fighting for his stance and let others try to work it out. 100% true, May (hopeless) Johnson (too dogmatic). Basically Cameron left us in the lurch and didn’t stay to assist to steer us out.

The bottom line states he fxcked off without fighting for his stance and let others try to work it out. 100% true, May (hopeless) Johnson (too dogmatic). Basically Cameron left us in the lurch and didn’t stay to assist to steer us out.
He couldn't realistically implement a policy he had just fought against in the referendum.

The party leadership should have gone to someone on the Leave side but Conservative MPs decided on May.

I honestly could not care of every newspaper went out of business I havent bought one for years

Back