Daily Record in full on deflection mode over Abada

evo14

Official Ticketer
Apparently he has “moved to put a stop to criticism of Celtic fans” and “professed his love for the club”.

There’s nothing in the article quoting him saying anything like that -

“Winger Liel Abada has moved to put a stop to criticism of the Celtic fans in the Israeli media as he jetted out to kickstart his Charlotte FC career.

The 22-year-old winger sealed a move to the MLS earlier this month for a fee in the region of £10million having only signed a new four-year deal with the Scottish Premiership champions last September. But he was left out of the matchday squad by Brendan Rodgers due to personal reasons amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

Pressure intensified for the Israel international in his homeland with elements of the Celtic support flying flags and showing their support for Palestine. Israeli outlets put the blame on Celtic fans for the exit - with some going as far to claim that Abada had been subjected to verbal abuse in the street. However, the wide man has once again professed his love for the club.

After playing his first minutes since February in Israel's Euro 2024 playoff defeat to Iceland, Abada was grilled by the press at the airport before jetting out Stateside. He told Sport 1 said: "The feelings are very good. I'm waiting to get there and meet everyone and start my journey."

Pressed on his time at Celtic, he responded: "It was really not easy being far away, but I had time with my family and friends now to see everyone. I had an amazing time at Celtic and now my head is on a new journey.

"I hope I can represent the country with respect. I had some time now with family and friends and now I'm embarking on a new journey." “

Why can’t they just say what happened. I know he was hounded out of the club and I have no links to the club (thank Christ) and I’m not involved in the media but I’m fully aware of why he left Celtic.

The Daily Record should be ashamed at how they’re misquoting Abada just to make racists, bigots and antisemites look better.

Only in Scotland.

Apparently he has “moved to put a stop to criticism of Celtic fans” and “professed his love for the club”.

“Winger Liel Abada has moved to put a stop to criticism of the Celtic fans in the Israeli media as he jetted out to kickstart his Charlotte FC career.

The 22-year-old winger sealed a move to the MLS earlier this month for a fee in the region of £10million having only signed a new four-year deal with the Scottish Premiership champions last September. But he was left out of the matchday squad by Brendan Rodgers due to personal reasons amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

Pressure intensified for the Israel international in his homeland with elements of the Celtic support flying flags and showing their support for Palestine. Israeli outlets put the blame on Celtic fans for the exit - with some going as far to claim that Abada had been subjected to verbal abuse in the street. However, the wide man has once again professed his love for the club.

After playing his first minutes since February in Israel's Euro 2024 playoff defeat to Iceland, Abada was grilled by the press at the airport before jetting out Stateside. He told Sport 1 said: "The feelings are very good. I'm waiting to get there and meet everyone and start my journey."

Pressed on his time at Celtic, he responded: "It was really not easy being far away, but I had time with my family and friends now to see everyone. I had an amazing time at Celtic and now my head is on a new journey.

"I hope I can represent the country with respect. I had some time now with family and friends and now I'm embarking on a new journey." “

Why can’t they just say what happened. I know he was hounded out of the club and I have no links to the club (thank Christ) and I’m not involved in the media but I’m fully aware of why he left Celtic.

The Daily Record should be ashamed at how they’re misquoting Abada just to make racists, bigots and antisemites look better.

Only in Scotland.

Is anybody really surprised? This is the same rag that does it's best to minimise the scandal at the Knew Camp and any other celtc negative.
They should be ashamed of themselves, and maybe they would be if they actually had any kind of conscience.

“professed his love for the club” - actually gives a standard quote you get from every single footballer ever when they move clubs - "I had an amazing time at Celtic".

Also zero mention of the scum fans that he's supposedly defending.

He was forced out purely for his nationality and religion. This icing over the actual issue is peak Scottish behaviour, we refuse to actually deal with problems due to allegiances. Its why our game is atrocious and several scandals have been ignored and we all know which one in particular I mean, that really filthy one that exists at one particular highly protected club. That really disgusting one. We know this therefore the moral highground is with those willing to look at this issue without bias. Rangers get branded racist with no proof or meaningful incidents whatsoever. This mob on the other hand which may I add was born purely to serve one particular type of person and religion have somehow survived organised racism, out right open anti semitism, molestation of 100s of children and consistent praising of murder groups. I know which club I prefer and it shouldn't take anyone long to decide either. celtic and a large chunk of their fans are simply scum and there isn't a valid argument against it.

The champagne is on ice for the day that rag finally dies. Which isn't far away. Tick tock you horrible bastards

Potential new signings googling them would never know about the 40 plus years of abuse, the sectarianism or racism.

Underdogs fighting the odds playing football copied by the Spaniards and other tall tales

Last edited:
Not saying Transfermrkt is the bible of transfers, but they have him at 8M Euros.

Nothing like adding 25% to the price to make it look good.

And backfired, opened a can of worms in the meantime H&H flourished.
Not one of the " cligue" resigned , apologised or was censured by the Rhecord . almost as if their bosses agreed with their tweets ?. They were quiet for a while but they're back to norm , bit like the Green Brigade back at the piggery , as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

Only in Scotland.
I read that online and laughed at their pathetic attempt!

The pictures of the banners are still available online and comments their support made are still there ..As we can all see they really supported the guy :oops:

The one in the corner really is an example of their jew hating supporters

"Time to get rid of the filthy Jew Abada "
GIOWwJCX0AAx90S

He was forced out purely for his nationality and religion. This icing over the actual issue is peak Scottish behaviour, we refuse to actually deal with problems due to allegiances. Its why our game is atrocious and several scandals have been ignored and we all know which one in particular I mean, that really filthy one that exists at one particular highly protected club. That really disgusting one. We know this therefore the moral highground is with those willing to look at this issue without bias. Rangers get branded racist with no proof or meaningful incidents whatsoever. This mob on the other hand which may I add was born purely to serve one particular type of person and religion have somehow survived organised racism, out right open anti semitism, molestation of 100s of children and consistent praising of murder groups. I know which club I prefer and it shouldn't take anyone long to decide either. celtic and a large chunk of their fans are simply scum and there isn't a valid argument against it.
Great post!

Only in Scotland.
Unbelievable..aw wait. No it isn't

Only in Scotland.
Who was the 'journalist' who put this spin on it?

They did, but apart from the work experience guy, the bigots at the Record kept their jobs with no punishment. Those are the standards that rag expects of it's staff, and we're seeing it again in this article

Do as the Record says, not as they do
That last sentence mate, remember David saying that on a pod where he tore them a new arse!

"It was really not easy being that far away" think he might find USA is a bit further away but doubt he said it in that context. So obviously taken bits from an interview and joined it together to suit an agenda.

I don’t know any other club that is protected the way they are. It’s absolutely revolting the way the Celtic main stream media cover for them at every turn. Their day will come.
I've seen this coming over the years, certainly since the mid 90's but people said I was paranoid. Without derailing the thread we only have to see the lack of any appetite to report on the scandal at the shithole in this rancid wee country.

Only in Scotland.
What do they mean?

Now Abada is gone the celtic fans wont display hamas and palestine banners etc?

Or were they just doing that because they had an Israeli playing for them?

The mental gymnastics this paper does to try and justify the Green Brigades support of Hamas is nothing short of a disgrace

Abada was chased out the piggery by antisemitic terrorist sympathisers, simple as that, disgusting how it's been reported, not surprised in the slightest though, shameful.

Driven out of his club due to his religion and nationality by his clubs fans.

A clearer case of bigotry you will never see.

the Record is a fanzine written by clowns for deviants
Apart from the hanging effigies. The ones where the evidence was lost and Useless told us there would be an inquiry into how the PF managed to lose the evidence.

They did, but apart from the work experience guy, the bigots at the Record kept their jobs with no punishment. Those are the standards that rag expects of it's staff, and we're seeing it again in this article

Do as the Record says, not as they do
Jackson should have been fired along with the editor for his innuendo riddled piece he wrote about Alfredo

Latest posts

Back