Daily record The game could have went either way

Haters gonna hate
1*lczk5cwMcnRm-MrIUp9trg.png

Even Keevins last night saying it would be a tough one . We come through with a resounding win, which can really help the country in terms of co-efficient points- and what is the headline? Surprised they couldn't find a random bear in a pub in Holland somewhere whistling the Sash while having a pish so they could call a re-match for sectarian outrages.

If they had said that at ht then you gotta agree, however, its good that we can see their hurt at us progressing comfortably in the end over the 90.... what have they said about their heroes scraping a 1-0 win in injury time ? Probably a great performance ? You can almost feel their pain which pleases me

Ok tin hat on, I thought the scoreline flattered us , it couldve went any way in the first twenty minutes, they missed an absolute sitter, our midfield was missing, (for most of the match), we were outplayed the first half and our habit of overplaying and negative play was evident, Second half we improved probably because of the scoreline, but the midfield selection is a real problem which will bite us on the arse when we face better teams

Had to laugh at Lennon last night, " team should be proud as this team have never lost a European game at home" Riga were only formed in 2015 and played 6 yes 6 European games at home since 2018 and most of them against teams like Dundalk and another from the Faroes and mostly in the Europa league qualifiers.

That's really something to be proud of beating the mighty Riga fc.

Ok tin hat on, I thought the scoreline flattered us , it couldve went any way in the first twenty minutes, they missed an absolute sitter, our midfield was missing, (for most of the match), we were outplayed the first half and our habit of overplaying and negative play was evident, Second half we improved probably because of the scoreline, but the midfield selection is a real problem which will bite us on the arse when we face better teams
You are half right, mate.

What you can't take away from us is that none of our goals were undeserved and all came at crucial points in the game.

Over 90 minutes you couldn't pick a flaw with us.

Kamara, Davis and Arfield were missing last night?

Did you even watch the game?

Either one could have been awarded MOM.

IMHO of course.

IMHO of course.

Missing is very harsh but I definitely understand where the poster quoted is coming from. First couple dozen minutes we could of fell behind rather easily.

We didn’t though, that’s what matters. Balls in the net and a win. All we can ask for.

IMHO of course.

The midfield didn’t give the defence anywhere near enough protection especially when you consider their chances came from shots outside the box or runs from deep. On at least one occasion McGregor was shouting at them for allowing a player to shoot. I thought Kamara played well and to a lesser extent Arfield. I actually thought Davis and particularly Hagi was poor. Not to take away from a great result.

They’re correct
At 0-0 it could’ve gone either way, they score that sitter and it’s game on.
They didn’t though, we played the game perfectly, beat a decent side 4-0 and progress to the next round much to their disappointment.
Meanwhile their bheast heroes are being criticised from their supporters for scrapping past a very weak team.
Haters are gonna hate.

No even that one of my pals said we were only in it cause of mcgregor granted he had a few saves but I take it he missed the part where we scored 4, lady's front bottom honestly sounds like a Pape sometimes

Like most, I thought the midfield was off the pace for the first 30 mins or so but guess what?
Good teams dig in, settle down and gradually play themselves back into the game before taking full control which is exactly what we did last night.
It should also be noted that Willem were pretty decent in and around the box. Their quick passing and moving would cause lots of teams problem. I’m also sure they would have beaten the yahoos last night....

Even the bitterest hack must realise that every Rangers European victory further exposes the pitiful refereeing bias and thuggery of Scottish football that keeps us from winning trophies. Anyone seriously telling me celtic are a superior team to ours? Give us a level playing field and we'd dominate this shitey landscape, I know it, you know it, they all know it. Instead we get the shit booted out of us every week, our main striker is shackled and we get zero 50-50 decisions. It's cheating in full view.

Back