Damning Statistics.

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.
One win from the last thirteen premiership titles.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
Alienating in what way?

You considering giving up and not supporting Rangers anymore?

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
You think Rangers fans will chuck it because we have been poor for some time? I don’t think you understand our support very well. 50k crowds against semi-pro teams suggests otherwise. We will be back.

There is a massive financial gulf between us and them.

It'll be extremely difficult to bridge that gap in the next 10+ years.

They make more money than us in almost every way.

Unless our DoFR is really a genius, we are always going to face an uphill battle to stay competitive.

You think Rangers fans will chuck it because we have been poor for some time? I don’t think you understand our support very well. 50k crowds against semi-pro teams suggests otherwise. We will be back.

I don’t think you understand 19/20 year olds who’ve heard the stories, watched the DVDs and read the books, but have been served up largely domestic garbage for all their living memory, will soon vote with their feet if it persists- whether we like it or not.

The risk with the younger kids coming through is that they’ll be less passionately attached to the club more than they just won’t be there.

An apathy could set in. Kids nowadays support multiple teams across leagues and countries. Some seem to support individual players rather than teams.

At our club, the amount of international club strips and EPL strips on display at training far outweighs Rangers/Celtic - albeit the kids generally are “Rangers or Celtic fans”.

Football support as a concept is changing a bit in modern times.

Unless our DoFR is really a genius, we are always going to face an uphill battle to stay competitive.
The problem here is that we had an opportunity to put our foot on their throat and even if up so it went back to a more normalised period of success for each club

The club and the board absolutly messed it up after 55

The direction of the club went to cutting costs and we started to downsize

I have no doubt Gerrard and gio were made promises that didn't happen Gerrard I think if had been given money after 55 malmo doesn't happen if we had went for good players and got them he would have not put his foot down about selling no one

Go then earned us a fortune with seville, cl qualification and getting bassey into amazing form

And the board clasped like happy seals that they made a profit while they dumped money into the squad knowing they would win.

We are where we are because of the demotion through the league but there has been chances to fix it and that decision to cost cut and eventual go to Beale has set us back again

Alienating in what way?

You considering giving up and not supporting Rangers anymore?
In a way where young fans who grow up liking football but don't have a dad around and the mother doesn't like football, so he start supporting them. Or a mum n dad that don't like football.

yet we have larger wage bill than them

We’ve been on our most consistent performances in Europe in our history - yes the league is the most important, but nobody outside of Scotland cares about them or sees them as a European force.

Another reason why it’s so sickening to have chucked the title, but it’s not all been bad.

They are self entitled wee wankers to a man with delusions of grandeur, and the unenviable reputation of being child molesters.

We’ve been on our most consistent performances in Europe in our history - yes the league is the most important, but nobody outside of Scotland cares about them or sees them as a European force.

Another reason why it’s so sickening to have chucked the title, but it’s not all been bad.

They are self entitled wee wankers to a man with delusions of grandeur, and the unenviable reputation of being child molesters.
Europe means fvck all when we are finishing second every season and allowing them the Champions League cash

I feel like we're becoming second to them. I don't mean on the park that can happen ofcourse your not always going to get it right. But in terms of how we see ourselves from the board to the fans. It will never be admitted but feels to me we are a club and a support who expect to be second. We'll win the odd title but is second best who we are now? I hope it's not the case but the statistics over last 20 years are horrific.

I feel like we're becoming second to them. I don't mean on the park that can happen ofcourse your not always going to get it right. But in terms of how we see ourselves from the board to the fans. It will never be admitted but feels to me we are a club and a support who expect to be second. We'll win the odd title but is second best who we are now? I hope it's not the case but the statistics over last 20 years are horrific.
We are sleepwalking into second best and a frightening amount of our support can’t or won’t see it.

That would carry more weight if we hadn't had such criminal levels of miss spending imo.

In a way where young fans who grow up liking football but don't have a dad around and the mother doesn't like football, so he start supporting them. Or a mum n dad that don't like football.
OP is talking about alienating Rangers fans. Fans that currently 'support' Rangers, but who might withdraw that support if they're not winning enough.

You seem to be talking about a rather small group of potential fans that haven't yet chosen which team to support. If they're only interested in following whichever team happens to winning the most, they're unlikely to become lifelong supporters of anyone.

Either way, anyone that wants to support them can go do that. They won't be missed.

That mentality is embedded in the core of our squad. They have suffered to much from Celtic which has caused an inferior mindset.

We need to rip it up and hope Phil can find fresh blood with quality to match theirs and a winning mind set.

We need to get a plan together fast because it is starting to feel like we are running out of ideas on how we will ever dominate again.

Trying again and again with the same group isn't the answer the quality isn't there. They are spending similar money on wages but getting better value for money. Bad decisions have been made for years and cost us dearly.

6 league titles in 24 years
1 old firm win in 17 attempts v Rodgers

We are absolutely battered, bruised, crestfallen and scunnered
And some won't have a bad word said about certain players and other areas of the club.

Bottom line that team we played against today are not a good team. That is another damning statistic.

Our time will come, we just need the ducks to line up.

Winning the Scottish Cup will right a few wrongs.

I bet the poets didnt think they’d be in this position back in the 90’s, it will come full circle.

We are still feeling the effects of 2012 and only one team are benefiting. There's no way the Tims would have had the success they've had if we weren't sold up the river by Sir Duped and the malicious damage done to us by dark 19th Century Terrorist forces.
Unless we get a rich benefactor in quickly, unfortunately we might have to suffer a little longer.

Well when we didn't win there for 9 long years, some of us stuck by the team and we eventually got there. Same happened with Pittodrie, 9 long years.

If people can't handle it, then don't and do something else with your time.

p.s that long 9 years had me at parkhead watching them win a league on a Monday night. Not a pleasant time at all.

Last edited:
We are still feeling the effects of 2012 and only one team are benefiting. There's no way the Tims would have had the success they've had if we weren't sold up the river by Sir Duped and the malicious damage done to us by dark 19th Century Terrorist forces.
Unless we get a rich benefactor in quickly, unfortunately we might have to suffer a little longer.

Mate we went through a period of 2 calander years without losing an Old Firm, ive no idea how youve arrived at this conclusion?

OP is talking about alienating Rangers fans. Fans that currently 'support' Rangers, but who might withdraw that support if they're not winning enough.

You seem to be talking about a rather small group of potential fans that haven't yet chosen which team to support. If they're only interested in following whichever team happens to winning the most, they're unlikely to become lifelong supporters of anyone.

Either way, anyone that wants to support them can go do that. They won't be missed.
We should only want fans who stick with us through the difficult times. If youngsters only want to support the winning team then I hope they choose them over us. Long term we’ll be much better off without them.

If we beat Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee we are 2 points ahead. The players simply cannot handle the pressure. See who Big Phil signs in the summer and give him another go.

I think its a very real possibility now just look at our attendances in the 80's when we didn't win much.
Yep, I was at just about all them games and wouldn't change that. Made what came next all the more enjoyable. Sadly it didn't go on forever as usually happens. The big difference this time, is the club were nearly gone forever. Without Rangers, i would have no interest in Scottish football. Been part of my whole life and I'm just glad Ibrox still stands and all my mates are still Rangers fans.

Yep, I was at just about all them games and wouldn't change that. Made what came next all the more enjoyable. Sadly it didn't go on forever as usually happens. The big difference this time, is the club were nearly gone forever. Without Rangers, i would have no interest in Scottish football. Been part of my whole life and I'm just glad Ibrox still stands and all my mates are still Rangers fans.
I was there too bro when you could sit wherever you wanted.

Back