Damning Statistics.

I think most will return I will but you are now also looking at the ticket prices

830 in the main stand with in 5 years that could be hitting over a grand if successful that's prob not bad investment

43 quid a game roughly where you can buy for around 33 per game at the moment unless they are going b up next season too

If people are seeing the same mistakes happening time and time again it's a price people have to decide if worth it or not
Fair re pricing but let’s be honest there is a major change coming this Summer that is already a given . The problem is we had one last summer and while overall it hasn’t been anywhere near our worst season it has not had the glory and gloss we would aim for . We really need some of that asap .

The peculiar part is we could see about half of the Beale rebuild go this summer but I suppose that just underlines the mess and mayhem created by managerial missteps and sackings then a new name needs to do a ‘rebuild’ .

It’s really why we can say the Board made a real fuking mess of the club across the GvB sacking until now . They are culpable .

The damming statistics are 3 out of 4 games we've played them the referees have supported them, with one of the games every single official supported celtic, they've completely corrupted Scotland.

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.
One win from the last thirteen premiership titles.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
What utter nonsense OP. Let me help you! From 1965-1986 WE (that's Rangers) only won 3/22 Championships, and tens of thousands of us are still follow following proudly...and no one destroyed our Club financially, or actually in those 20+ years. Once a Bear, always a Bear.

That's because they have the media and holyrood in their pocket. Please explain how we change that.
The first move would be employing a CEO and supporting staff who understood that there is a huge political dimension involved. At present, we have a CEO whose expertise lies in sales and marketing.

The media are almost universally antagonistic but hardly anyone reads newspapers or takes them seriously. BBC Scotland and STV do not reach everyone by any stretch of the imagination.

Regarding Holyrood, we’ve reached peak SNP.

We have to exploit new media and understand that social attitude surveys indicate there is still a huge potential support for Rangers. Our main problem is that Rangers directors by and large have failed us in this area. They haven’t had the courage or the nous to grasp the nettle.

Next season is almost a write-off, as they'll spend big to avoid the same scare they've had this year. So barring something out of the ordinary, they should win the league next year at a canter.

The season after is where it'll start to get interesting. They cannot win a knockout tie in Europe, that's  their scar tissue, so their finances will come back towards ours, and the players they can attract will come back towards our level.
They'll have some money in reserve, of course. But that's irrelevant when you're offering players a Thursday night game against Maccabi Haifa or Lask instead of a tue/wed night game against Arsenal or Madrid.

I'm gutted today, although the damage was done a few weeks ago.
But they'll no longer be dining out on our wallet in Europe soon, and the gap will close.
Its a bit of a myth about them spending big,this season they bought Nawrocki who turned out to be a dud for about 4.5m Palma abit part player for about 4m Kuhn another for about 3m and the list goes on.
They seem to be able to get good money for players,Jota being the most recent example at 25m+ and they will get good money for Orielly who they paid 1.5m
Next season is not a write off,you dont know who we will bring in plus Danilo will be back,Cortes maybe,and Sima may also come back..
Saturday we were rotten but previous games this season we have shot ourselves in the foot and had some terrible decisions go against us.
We need to up our game and get our mentality right but they are not as far in front as some would have you believe.

Shocking stats.
Seeing all over twitter that they're confident of getting 56 before us.
It'll probably happen too.
Absolutely criminal.
Well of course they will be , if you remember according to them as a club we're only ten years old. Although sad when eventually 56 does happen for them , it'll be hilarious watching /listening to their confusion , changing their tune to suit , and then contradicting all the sevco shite we've been hearing for the last decade or more.some of these dafties will still be calling us a new club in 50 years time..

Last edited:
You think Rangers fans will chuck it because we have been poor for some time? I don’t think you understand our support very well. 50k crowds against semi-pro teams suggests otherwise. We will be back.
We will be because it’s ingrained in us and we have been lucky enough to witness some amazing times supporting Rangers. The world’s a far smaller place now and are the kids of today going to want to support a side that’s forever second ?

The sad reality is that with every year that passes the gulf gets wider financially, if it keeps going the way it’s going there are only going to be a few more years and they will
be well out of sight.

Alienating in what way?

You considering giving up and not supporting Rangers anymore?
Like it or not alot of kids coming through will choose the team who are winning consistently. Obviously not in Rangers families but there are more kids who will ddcidd themselves. Someone at 13 will have seen nothing but their dominance (55 apart)

Yes we fall most of the OF Hurdles but I think it's closer than everyone thinks. We let Beale take control of transfer activities signing Lammers ,Dessers Dowell Cifuentes etc, all shambles. Then appointment of Clement he should've brought in a number 9 but injuries to likes of Sima, Danilo and hoping Cortes and Silva would be the answers but the injury to Cortes (who looked promising) was unfortunate and Silva was a flop so that puts us to square 1 again.
Bad signings and injuries are the main reason we're not beating them. i mean 6points between us and them and they shouldn't have won at Ibrox in the first OF game due to poor officiating.
And to the younger generations argument we win most weeks and compete Europe our younger fans will acknowledge this and appreciate it . Also getting Europa league final was a buzz for all of us. We'll win the title next season Clement needs to be shrewd in this transfer window tho.

The first move would be employing a CEO and supporting staff who understood that there is a huge political dimension involved. At present, we have a CEO whose expertise lies in sales and marketing.

The media are almost universally antagonistic but hardly anyone reads newspapers or takes them seriously. BBC Scotland and STV do not reach everyone by any stretch of the imagination.

Regarding Holyrood, we’ve reached peak SNP.

We have to exploit new media and understand that social attitude surveys indicate there is still a huge potential support for Rangers. Our main problem is that Rangers directors by and large have failed us in this area. They haven’t had the courage or the nous to grasp the nettle.
I see what your saying, but my personal opinion is that the mclennan attitude to Rangers is right through our media and I include the online world in that too.

We live in an especially western world where minorities are given the benefit of the doubt. Let's take Celtic with their Irish connections. Just look round the world, they are treated as the jolly craicsters and they have sold it very well. Everybody round the world seems to love them and a st Patrick's day party, especially among younger people.

We're not fooled by it, but say one word out of place and the words racist and bigot come out, discussion over. This is especially rife in the media world and through academia, we'd have as much of a chance getting people onside as trump being favoured by cnn. There is no sympathetic ear for Rangers in this country outwith our own.

I just don't see how we overcome that, in the near term anyway. Loyalists and Unionists are more or less treated as the coming of the 4th reich and this includes Rangers. Hun doesn't offend me as I can give plenty back, but it has now became a common word for us in Scotland, even among people that know f**k all about football.

I see what your saying, but my personal opinion is that the mclennan attitude to Rangers is right through our media and I include the online world in that too.

We live in an especially western world where minorities are given the benefit of the doubt. Let's take Celtic with their Irish connections. Just look round the world, they are treated as the jolly craicsters and they have sold it very well. Everybody round the world seems to love them and a st Patrick's day party, especially among younger people.

We're not fooled by it, but say one word out of place and the words racist and bigot come out, discussion over. This is especially rife in the media world and through academia, we'd have as much of a chance getting people onside as trump being favoured by cnn. There is no sympathetic ear for Rangers in this country outwith our own.

I just don't see how we overcome that, in the near term anyway. Loyalists and Unionists are more or less treated as the coming of the 4th reich and this includes Rangers. Hun doesn't offend me as I can give plenty back, but it has now became a common word for us in Scotland, even among people that know f**k all about football.
Yes, but loads of people still hate Celtic, although they might not be open about it.

As we have seen on numerous issues, the line taken by the politics-media machine does not reflect public opinion. How did Trump win an election given the hostility against him? How did Leave triumph over Remain?

I think we should be targeting Rangers supporters and not be concerned what others say.

Yes, but loads of people still hate Celtic, although they might not be open about it.

As we have seen on numerous issues, the line taken by the politics-media machine does not reflect public opinion. How did Trump win an election given the hostility against him? How did Leave triumph over Remain?

I think we should be targeting Rangers supporters and not be concerned what others say.
I'm fine with that tbf, sometimes I feel and include some Rangers fans in this, that we have to play nice to appease them and for me all that has done is made it even worse.

I won't deny what Rangers is all about for me and I include stuff not to do with football, but I'm not and never will be ashamed to admit it.

Next season is almost a write-off, as they'll spend big to avoid the same scare they've had this year. So barring something out of the ordinary, they should win the league next year at a canter.

The season after is where it'll start to get interesting. They cannot win a knockout tie in Europe, that's  their scar tissue, so their finances will come back towards ours, and the players they can attract will come back towards our level.
They'll have some money in reserve, of course. But that's irrelevant when you're offering players a Thursday night game against Maccabi Haifa or Lask instead of a tue/wed night game against Arsenal or Madrid.

But they'll no longer be dining out on our wallet in Europe soon, and the gap will close.
A good strategical annalysis that . But will the fans/board have the patience to stick with Clement after next season if we dont win the League again.

I'm sure he means kids. Children can be fickle and not enjoy supporting a team that is second best every season.
And yet other clubs seem to manage just fine with having a steady stream of young supporters despite winning %^*& all year on year.

When was the last time Morton won the cup, or the league championship? What about Hearts? Ross County?

When was the last time a team, not called Rangers or Celtic, won the league in Scotland?

We probably need CL to be a historical memory in order that those riches and the advantage they give Celtic are nullified. Perhaps then we will have a fighting chance.

And yet other clubs seem to manage just fine with having a steady stream of young supporters despite winning %^*& all year on year.

When was the last time Morton won the cup, or the league championship? What about Hearts? Ross County?

When was the last time a team, not called Rangers or Celtic, won the league in Scotland?
You are comparing a tiny tiny amount of kids at these games, like 100 max. Compared to literally hundreds of thousands of Rangers supporting kids in the country.

My experience of a lot of kids nowadays is they seem more interested in EPL and European football. They support a Rangers or Celtic but not really go to games or watch that many games. The pitch at my bit is always heaving with kids when Rangers and Celtic are playing.

We probably need CL to be a historical memory in order that those riches and the advantage they give Celtic are nullified. Perhaps then we will have a fighting chance.
That's a good point. Not only is this competition not for the vast majority of clubs, but it is affecting other leagues, giving clubs riches that other clubs can't keep up with. Somethings wrong when, the likes of us and them go through a season to enter a competition just for the money, with no hope of winning it. At one time you could go into the European/cl with a hope that maybe just maybe, we could win it. That's now gone.

I still maintain that these super clubs, break away and have their dollar signs league and allow the rest of us to enjoy our football, as a true competition. Let them go touring the world raking it in, like the NFL.

These figures are desperately poor - we should pat ourselves on the back for still being around that level of failure, it hasn't been easy to take...
Look at the post above from 1965 till 1986. 3 leagues in 22 years. Many of us have been here before. It wasn't easy for us, but we stuck around, well some of us did. My old man took me to Ibrox when I was a kid, my first game was a1-1 draw with airdrie. Still remember the day well at 7 years old. That was me a Rangers man from then on, win lose or draw. I certainly don't want a pat on the back for it. It was my choice, which I have no regrets.

Nobody makes anyone stay around and if they don't want to, fair enough. I and many others won't stand in their way.

2 titles absolutely insane final day, final minute whirlwinds under McLeish who worked miracles whilst Advocaats squad was getting decimated.

3 due to absolute brilliance from Sir Walter, who went almost two seasons without a single signing.

Both working whilst the club finances were on a downward trajectory and we were downsizing.

Then 1 title due to an absolute capitulation by the Lurgan bigot.

Let's face it, we have been a shambles for a quarter of a century.
David Murray's massive mismanagement has crippled us for a quarter of a century.

We are sleepwalking into second best and a frightening amount of our support can’t or won’t see it.
Whether supporters can’t or won’t see it, isn’t anywhere near as important as having the type of people in our club at all levels who will never accept second best and do their utmost to make sure we break this cycle of misery and restore Rangers back to a position of strength and dominance ON and OFF the park. The support has given their all and can’t really do much more than we already do. I do see there’s a bit of a James Tavernier cult in our ranks and there’s bigging up of certain player’s based on very little and the odd half decent performance which leaves me bemused at times. The proof ultimately is in winning trophies and ONLY the people running the club can put that right.

Alienating in what way?

You considering giving up and not supporting Rangers anymore?
I wish some would, take a read of some Bill Struth quotes, watch the 1972 CWC Final, 9IAR footage and our 2 runs to European Finals, forget their family upbringing with values and just say nah this isn't for me this and %^*& off with the incessant woe be tide me doomsday outlook

Exactly.

This notion that they are a good Celtic team is nonsense.

They’ve both beaten them twice & despite being 5 to 10 times these teams salaries we haven’t beaten them once.

The culture at our club isn’t acceptable.

The yahoos annual wage bill is around 13 times bigger than Kilmarnock's ours is bigger than the yahoos but we can’t lay a glove on them.

Says it all about the mismanagement currently.

I don't think our wage bill is near bigger than the mhanks tbf.

It was at the time of the accounts which covered massive bonuses we paid out for reaching the CL groups. It won't be now or since.

We are sleepwalking into second best and a frightening amount of our support can’t or won’t see it.

Sleep walking was done after 55 the Euro run was just a season we failed to take on board.

The mhutants will be singing about going for ten in a row again and maybe this time they might just do it, our custodians don’t give a f*ck.

I wish some would, take a read of some Bill Struth quotes, watch the 1972 CWC Final, 9IAR footage and our 2 runs to European Finals, forget their family upbringing with values and just say nah this isn't for me this and %^*& off with the incessant woe be tide me doomsday outlook

I'm not too excited about tonight, but at times like this i think of all of the wee team fans that are starved of success & i put myself in my place LOL.

So ill be there supporting our magnificent wounded animal & hoping for an upturn soon Ark.

I'm not too excited about tonight, but at times like this i think of all of the wee team fans that are starved of success & i put myself in my place LOL.

So ill be there supporting our magnificent wounded animal & hoping for an upturn soon Ark.
That's all you can do mate. I for one am not going to let it get on top of me, waiting on a new season hoping the club can still be in with a shout of the league, by the Sept weekend. Supporting your team can come up with many surprises.

April 86 was just another day for me, then out of nowhere I watched the Scottish news. We all know the rest.

Can’t believe. The shite im reading here. If your kid ends up supporting any team other than Rangers then that’s on you not how successful the team we support are on the pitch. Those older than me stuck it through the lean times to get me hooked and lucky enough to live through 9iar
Fine post my good man.

Like it or not alot of kids coming through will choose the team who are winning consistently. Obviously not in Rangers families but there are more kids who will ddcidd themselves. Someone at 13 will have seen nothing but their dominance (55 apart)
Better chance they will pick the epl teams. That's not just in Scotland, but in parts of Europe too and other parts of the world. We simply can't compete with that. We have supporters in different parts of the world, but that's mainly ex pats.

I remember Tommy docherty saying years ago, in Africa you will see kids in man utd tops, that still stands today.

Better chance they will pick the epl teams. That's not just in Scotland, but in parts of Europe too and other parts of the world. We simply can't compete with that. We have supporters in different parts of the world, but that's mainly ex pats.

I remember Tommy docherty saying years ago, in Africa you will see kids in man utd tops, that still stands today.
The vast majority of kids in Scotland that are into football will have a Scottish team regardless.

6 league titles in 24 years
1 old firm win in 17 attempts v Rodgers

We are absolutely battered, bruised, crestfallen and scunnered
Even though the league was closer than it had any right being, they have been comfortable the last 3 seasons in the games that matter, and doing it with a significantly smaller wage budget.

I'm hopeful at the start of every season, but this pattern of continual failure seems doomed to repeat itself.

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.
One win from the last thirteen premiership titles.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
So what are you saying ? Are you giving up supporting/following Rangers or are you presuming people will stop being Rangers supporters because of our lack of trophies? The large waiting list for season tickets doesn’t lead me to think you are right. Rangers will always have a massive following no matter what. Some will throw the toys out of the pram and disappear but they are the ones we can well do without.

So what are you saying ? Are you giving up supporting/following Rangers or are you presuming people will stop being Rangers supporters because of our lack of trophies? The large waiting list for season tickets doesn’t lead me to think you are right. Rangers will always have a massive following no matter what. Some will throw the toys out of the pram and disappear but they are the ones we can well do without.

Read the thread please mate.

There is a massive financial gulf between us and them.

It'll be extremely difficult to bridge that gap in the next 10+ years.

They make more money than us in almost every way.

Unless our DoFR is really a genius, we are always going to face an uphill battle to stay competitive.
No there isn't.

There is a limit on what both are prepared to pay in a fee and wages. There is a ceiling in Scotland for both us and them in terms of what calibre of player will come here.

The difference is they scout better in the exact same talent market.

We spend 7m on a player....when did they?....

We lost the league because we took 1 point from 12 it’s that simple can’t blame other teams not taking points if we can’t even we took 4points we would have had a chance

No there isn't.

There is a limit on what both are prepared to pay in a fee and wages. There is a ceiling in Scotland for both us and them in terms of what calibre of player will come here.

The difference is they scout better in the exact same talent market.

We spend 7m on a player....when did they?....
They have a lot more money. They spend more every season. They will spend more again this season. There is clearly a financial gulf.

Your point about being a ceiling on terms of calibre of player to come here is partly true, although their ceiling is higher due to Champions League football.

They can go and buy 5 or 6 players at £5m if they wanted and still have tens of millions of pounds in cash left over in the bank. You can see that from their accounts.

Even though the league was closer than it had any right being, they have been comfortable the last 3 seasons in the games that matter, and doing it with a significantly smaller wage budget.

I'm hopeful at the start of every season, but this pattern of continual failure seems doomed to repeat itself.
Until we can start beating them regularly they'll continue to dominate.

If I may gentlemen place my own opinions on proceedings here.

-My entire existence, let alone my Rangers supporting existence has been spent with the club in the shadow of the other team.

-I spend an extortion relative to my not exactly lucrative part time job on MyGers, tickets and RSC fares following the club. This is a one-man effort alone and I’ll be at least half a decade older before I’ve a ST

-I like to consider myself a rather educated fellow on the history of the Club, in particular our more prosperous eras. When do I get my share of fun following the club?

-For those that hark back to the days of Greig and Wallace 2, you will recall that our existence in the top flight was not spend entirely in the shadow of the other team alone, but to a greater degree Aberdeen, DUFC etc?

Back