Danilo Returns?

Hope whenever he comes back he gets back to his best ASAP, knee injuries give me the fear.

We'd be a team marching on to the title with a bit more confidence if he was fit and performing at the level he did at Feyenoord.
Did he get injured post Beale?

Very unlikely to see him again this season sadly. Especially not now that every game is incredibly high stakes.

Nobody is back playing within 4 months of that kind of serious knee surgery.

Best we can hope for is he is able to do a pre season so he is available in August.
What was the injury?

Or is this just complete and utter guesswork? Nobody has ever been back playing within 4 months of any injury? Being that we have no idea what the actual injury is, was, or the surgery that took place?

Last edited:
No chance he is getting up to speed in time to contribute anything meaningful this season. An injury like that, plus the time he’s had out. Just can’t see it TBH.
Even when he was fit and contributing, and barring a couple of key goals, his overall performance in his first year at Rangers - for me - has been decidedly average at best.

Nobody is back playing within 4 months of that kind of serious knee surgery.

Best we can hope for is he is able to do a pre season so he is available in August.
Well...maybe one man could.
article-2596518-1CCDBE0100000578-920_634x451.jpg

No chance he is getting up to speed in time to contribute anything meaningful this season. An injury like that, plus the time he’s had out. Just can’t see it TBH.
Even when he was fit and contributing, and barring a couple of key goals, his overall performance in his first year at Rangers - for me - has been decidedly average at best.
I'd agree with that. His first few games were quite poor, which is allowed, then he had a little burst of games where he did reasonably well - just before and after the mask. He started to revert back to the form of his first few games though. Some aspects of his game are great but his finishing wasn't quite there.

I think next season we will hopefully be looking for a new main striker with Danilo as backup, as he is no doubt talented. I'd be very happy with that

Is it unreasonable of me to expect players to keep this cryptic shite to a minimum unless their return is imminent? :D We’ve seen this from Cantwell, Sterling and Danilo recently and it’s just getting my hopes up!
I'd even take the opposite.
We have rangers TV.
I bet a lot of fans would be interested in following players on their injury journey.
It might even help the players mentally.
This might be him out onto grass, no ball work but light jogging. It's a big step forward but it's only about half way if even that.
If fans were in on the full journey it would possibly educate a wee bit.

He’s constantly been on IG posting videos of his gym work / rehab

Judging by those clips he’s still miles away

There's zero chance he plays again this season, we are nearly into April ffs :))

I think we will be lucky to see him for the start of the new season.

I'm sure that as a fanbase we will give him time to get back up to speed upon his return and not jump to any rash conclusions after he has played three or four games.
I'm sure that as a fanbase we will give him time to get back up to speed upon his return and not jump to any rash conclusions after he has played three or four MINS....
Fixed that for you..

Doom and gloomers.
Hes not Kemar Roofe, he could be back match fit very quickly if he puts in some decent training

What was the injury?
Ye we have never been told the injury nature and degree therefore it’s a bit of guesswork in how the reintroduction goes .

have to say when you see the striker types PC had in Belgium it’s looking like Danilo isn’t in that mould but that’s a topic for summer and beyond let’s hope we get the man back & sharp this season to help us push for more titles

Last edited:
Doom and gloomers.
Hes not Kemar Roofe, he could be back match fit very quickly if he puts in some decent training

No, just people using their common sense.

By "decent training", do you mean being out on the grass with the first team, doing full sessions? Because on latest information he's some distance away from that. You can't get match fit from gym work alone.

Thread title is wildly misleading, even framed as a question.

A player still doing gym-based rehab is nowhere near returning to the first team squad. We'll be into the new season before Danilo is back.
Well how else would you post it?

Danilo Returns!!!

Give it a rest man. Some people.

No, just people using their common sense.

By "decent training", do you mean being out on the grass with the first team, doing full sessions? Because on latest information he's some distance away from that. You can't get match fit from gym work alone.
No its doom and gloom. He isnt Roofe, he isnt going to get a hamstring injury as soon as he sprints.
I am saying dont write him off, you never know

At least tomorrow we will get an end to all the wild speculation on all the players when phil gives an injury update.

Agree. A player who has got better the longer he has been out
He will need to show a lot more to establish himself at Ibrox

When you consider what his run of luck has been like in terms of injuries, now under a second manager with us already, reportedly took some time to get settled in terms of his private life and family, and just how long it takes to truly show your best at a club like ours in general, I think Danilo can be judged to have done quite well so far.

He missed some sitters and had some quiet games - we won't ever have a striker who won't do that, so I won't judge on that alone. Alongside that he had huge moments in tight games, and his desire to do well for us seems pretty evident.

He's teasing us wildly with these social media updates, mind you.

There’s no way he will be back this season, my gut tells me him and Dessers will both be ex Feyernoord and ex Rangers players before the summer transfer window closes, if not then certainly by end of the winter one with Dessers away first.

Do we actually know what his injury is? It was a knee injury, but the actual injury wasn't specified. A lot of posters seem to be suggesting that it's an ACL (9-12 months?), but I don't remember seeing anything to confirm that. Are people just expecting the worst, or have I missed something?

Do we actually know what his injury is? It was a knee injury, but the actual injury wasn't specified. A lot of posters seem to be suggesting that it's an ACL (9-12 months?), but I don't remember seeing anything to confirm that. Are people just expecting the worst, or have I missed something?

PC said a while back that Danilo could potentially be back at the very end of the season but that they wouldn't be taking any risks with him.

Agree. A player who has got better the longer he has been out
He will need to show a lot more to establish himself at Ibrox

Ffs he broke cheekbone scoring an important goal, came back well and did his knee, all in his first half season, whilst settling in to a new club and country, under 2 managers.

The boy is clearly a good player and we've missed him.
Is there any support on the planet that loves to write players off like ours does. So many negative bastards :)

When you consider what his run of luck has been like in terms of injuries, now under a second manager with us already, reportedly took some time to get settled in terms of his private life and family, and just how long it takes to truly show your best at a club like ours in general, I think Danilo can be judged to have done quite well so far.

He missed some sitters and had some quiet games - we won't ever have a striker who won't do that, so I won't judge on that alone. Alongside that he had huge moments in tight games, and his desire to do well for us seems pretty evident.

He's teasing us wildly with these social media updates, mind you.

11 goal contributions in 994 minutes. Given he got barely any momentum going I think he has shown great promise and plenty to look forward to.

Back