Danny Wilson - Video

Bang average. Had some good games for us but just as many if not more bad ones. He was in best form of his career when he left though.

Remember being gutted when he went to Liverpool. Too much too soon for him I’m sad to say.
There was a similar problem in Dutch football with guys like Drenthe, Rigters and Maduro being the standouts who looked like they were going to be world beaters but left too young and saw their opportunities and development limited. I think it carried on relatively into this generation but the loan system and stockpiling of players with expectations of loaning them out has reduced the negative impacts of it. Think Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea as two of the best examples of players who've moved young but ultimately managed to turn it around after being loaned out/leaving again.

I was told by someone in the same youth team as him that his Bluetooth name was "Dannybhoy".

That was enough for me.

Should cure the guys in the other thread which cannae sleep!
To be fair Danny was more than decent and in another era could have been helped by more experience around him to become a top player but hes done good

I doubt that tbh.

He rejected Celtic to sign for us a 2nd time

Only passing on what I was told mate.

I went to school with the lad who played centre half with Wilson in the youth team (also a Celtic fan) and he told me the youth team at the time was very staunch.

I worked with Danny's dad, who was a celtic supporter but he was at Ibrox nearly every week to watch Danny.

His Dad was as decent sort. Was always at Auchenhowie to watch the youth games too.

Certainly not one of the bitter types.

All started when he began to believe he would be a big part of Liverpool’s future.

Now he's just a millionaire enjoying life in the States. Nightmare, eh?

Wilson was the best prospect I've seen at youth level. He looked a better player than Fleck and only Ness came close to that pair.

Strange how football can twist and turn for players.

Now he's just a millionaire enjoying life in the States. Nightmare, eh?

Wilson was the best prospect I've seen at youth level. He looked a better player than Fleck and only Ness came close to that pair.

Strange how football can twist and turn for players.
As already said a legend in his own lunchtime , got too carried away too quickly and lost too much career development.
was shocking second time around.

I worked with Danny's dad, who was a celtic supporter but he was at Ibrox nearly every week to watch Danny.
As much as I love my son, if he signed for them there's NO way I could bring myself to go to the piggery to watch him play. We would probably have fell out the day he signed

Pity he didn‘t give him better career advice.

His son's a millionaire living a very good lifestyle. I don't think he got it that wrong in all honesty.

The chance to sign for Liverpool in 2010 when Rangers were starting to become a basket case of a club and set yourself up for life having made your way through what is a very tough career from the age of 15 isn't bad advice.

As already said a legend in his own lunchtime , got too carried away too quickly and lost too much career development.
was shocking second time around.

He's not the first player who, after a great youth career, didn't quite hit the heights.

It might have been the case that he did so even if he'd stayed with us on his youth wage and then signed for Hearts, then dropped down the leagues again as has happened with a number of players.

It sounds like he shagged your missus the way you dislike him and his family member.

I never quite get the sheer vitriol to boys making their way in the game. Looking at how many we've brough through in the last 30 years or so, you can hardly blame someone (who isn't at Barry Ferguson levels) for making some money and ensuring they're set up for life.

Imagine having the opportunity to play alongside a Legend in CL games for Rangers, gain a transfer to Liverpool yet amount to nothing of significance.

Remember being gutted when he went to Liverpool. Too much too soon for him I’m sad to say.
It set the boy up for life, we offered him a contract but wouldn’t pay him more than £1500 a week as Bain wanted the cash for him rather than the player, it got that bad that the boy had to go to Slaters and buy his own blazer so he didn’t stick out like a sore thumb at the St. Mirren cup final as Bain refused to get him one

It set the boy up for life, we offered him a contract but wouldn’t pay him more than £1500 a week as Bain wanted the cash for him rather than the player, it got that bad that the boy had to go to Slaters and buy his own blazer so he didn’t stick out like a sore thumb at the St. Mirren cup final as Bain refused to get him one
Whit??? Bain wouldn’t buy a first team player a blazer? Surely Walter would’ve stepped in there?

You could have made a montage of the amount of times he tried to play a long lobbed ball over the opposition defense only to 'thin it' and for it to go flying along the ground out of play.

His son's a millionaire living a very good lifestyle. I don't think he got it that wrong in all honesty.

The chance to sign for Liverpool in 2010 when Rangers were starting to become a basket case of a club and set yourself up for life having made your way through what is a very tough career from the age of 15 isn't bad advice.

He's not the first player who, after a great youth career, didn't quite hit the heights.

It might have been the case that he did so even if he'd stayed with us on his youth wage and then signed for Hearts, then dropped down the leagues again as has happened with a number of players.

It sounds like he shagged your missus the way you dislike him and his family member.

I never quite get the sheer vitriol to boys making their way in the game. Looking at how many we've brough through in the last 30 years or so, you can hardly blame someone (who isn't at Barry Ferguson levels) for making some money and ensuring they're set up for life.
It would be nice for you to be able to debate without the personal insults but that’s usually a sign of being unable to debate.

I have no vitriol just think he made a mess of a promising career but if money and not success was his object then i‘m sure he’s done ok.

It would be nice for you to be able to debate without the personal insults but that’s usually a sign of being unable to debate.

I have no vitriol just think he made a mess of a promising career but if money and not success was his object then i‘m sure he’s done ok.

Mate, you started with the insults about his Dad not giving him good career advice or did you forget that?

I'd be fairly sure you've never met his Dad or have an idea of how good or bad at certain things he may be.

I've been quite capable of debating the point. Your insistence thst he's done something wrong is what I have shown as being wrong. He's quite happy in life by all accounts and has had success and money. You may have forgotten the trophies he won with us...

Mate, you started with the insults about his Dad not giving him good career advice or did you forget that?

I'd be fairly sure you've never met his Dad or have an idea of how good or bad at certain things he may be.

I've been quite capable of debating the point. Your insistence thst he's done something wrong is what I have shown as being wrong. He's quite happy in life by all accounts and has had success and money. You may have forgotten the trophies he won with us...
Saying it was bad advice was hardly an insult unlike your retort.

You seem to have taken this very personally , what’s your interest?

Back