Dave King : Project 2022 includes stadium redevelopment

Dream on Mr King. Let's get us proper competitive on the park before we worry about anything else.

I think we should expand. I hate the fact they have a bigger stadium than us. We are the best supported team in the country. We're selling out Ibrox just about every week. Say we increase by 10k, we'd sell half those seats every week. And we'd sell them all for the scum games.

I think we should expand. I hate the fact they have a bigger stadium than us. We are the best supported team in the country. We're selling out Ibrox just about every week. Say we increase by 10k, we'd sell half those seats every week. And we'd sell them all for the scum games.

You never been outside the Subway for a league game. Bus convenors trying to shift loads of tickets.

Stadium is fine as it is.

Just watched the full thing & he never mentioned stadium expansion? Unless iv missed it.

Mainly talk of redeveloping the surrounding areas for a better match day experience.

I don't think capacity is an issue to be honest.

If Aberdeen can afford £50M for a new stadium, I'm sure we are more than capable of providing a level of finance that would be required to expand the stadium.

Go and watch the end of the video redevelopment means expansion in this context no?
I don’t think so. I watched the video because of this thread so was expecting to hear about stadium expansion but nothing he said pointed to that.

I think it’s more redeveloping the area around the stadium, maybe finally opening a club museum, having a fans bar/restaurant and a proper ticket office.

2022 is less than 5 years away, even if we had unlimited funds we wouldn’t have time to demolish and rebuild parts of the stadium for the sake of a few extra thousand seats which would only be used a handful of times per year.

I took that as redeveloping the surrounding areas with the help of GCC. May be wrong.
That’s how I interpreted it as well. It’d likely take tens of millions to signicantly expand Ibrox, so I really don’t see that happening.

Improve the surrounding area, give the ground a good clean (particularly the main stand), and install safe standing and I’ll be very happy.

If Aberdeen can afford £50M for a new stadium, I'm sure we are more than capable of providing a level of finance that would be required to expand the stadium.
If we had £50m and it was spent on 10,000 new seats rather than the first team squad and a manager to match then what do you think the reaction would be?

Any improvements might not be detrimental to the playing side, an Investor may pay for it leaving the current Investors to deal with the playing side.

Talks about tim's allocation, UB seating - 'FüCK SAKE, THAT'S AN UTTER DISGRACE! DON'T CARE ABOUT US!'

Talks of improving/expanding stadium and surrounding areas – 'FüCK SAKE, MOONBEAMS! FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT!'

He didn’t fu cking say expansion ,never uttered it ,so the thread is 100% misleading tripe

Is there really any need for that sort of vitriol?

He said:
"As far as improvements are concerned, we've got some very ambitious plans - both on our own, and working with the council on project 2022, looking at complete improvement and refurb of the surrounds of the ground and really redeveloping the stadium completely"

Is that not worthy of discussion?

The stadium doesn't need to be any bigger,the money would be better used elsewhere

Agreed. The current stadium needs refurbished first before any expansion should be discussed.

Maintain & upgrade, yes.

Increase capacity? Absolutely not.

It’s a typical AGM “moonbeam” harking back to Murray’s era IMO.

How hard would it have been to watch the video?

Go and watch the end of the video redevelopment means expansion in this context no?

Well, no or he would have mentioned expansion or increased capacitiy which he doesn't.

How hard would it have been to watch the video?

Well, no or he would have mentioned expansion or increased capacitiy which he doesn't.

He separates the surroundings and stadium redevelopment when making the statement.

"As far as improvements are concerned, we've got some very ambitious plans - both on our own, and working with the council on project 2022, looking at complete improvement and refurb of the surrounds of the ground and really redeveloping the stadium completely"

What do you think redeveloping the stadium completely means in this context?

He separates the surroundings and stadium redevelopment hen making the statement.

What do you think redeveloping the stadium completely means in this context?

Redeveloping the stadium.

The stadium doesn't need to be any bigger,the money would be better used elsewhere
In the short term (1-2 years) yes money could be used elsewhere.

However with regular crowds of 45k+ and a high %age of sell outs - in our current state - why would anyone think that expansion isn't necessary?

A title challenging Rangers team would lead to increased demand, therefore its incumbent on the board to facilitate this. Anything else would be shortsighted.

So the planning is definitely required now to enable us to have the funding in place to implement expansion when the time comes.

I think he meant the facade and surrounding area, I hope he means expansion though even by 4/5K

The fact it took a shareholder on the floor to suggest a bond to raise funds and therefore reduce the funds needed as soft loans was seen as a Eureka moment. Andrew Dickson and Steadman need hunted from our club immediately or we simply will not progress.

Back