David Hagen - Motor Nuerone Disease

There was a poster on here @Fourladshadadream who had a charity game of golf for his cause. I'm sure he raised a lot of money and well done to him and everyone who contributed.

Such a sad cause, watched my own granny waste away and then Fernando.

God Speed to David Hagen, always remember his blonde spikey hair on the Rangers news as a youngster

Good luck to him. It's the first I've heard of his plight. I do remember him. Will donate in a wee while.

Absolutely tragic. The way the world is David's plight does not garner the same spotlight and support that Fernandos did. It does not matter if it is a revered footballer, a lesser known one or a common working person, this disease is a bastard.
I wish him and his family the best in dealing with this cruel affliction.
Give what you can Bears.

Thanks for the kind comments and I didn’t want to reply on the way home from Dingwall last night.

As the likes of Roberts says.

There’s several events raised money for David from several different people.

Once again the Rangers family come together to help one of our own.

When I met him after the golf day he was truly humbled by everyone’s support and really appreciated it and he’s definitely a bear.

Over 11k been raised since the call went out.

Keep it up Bears.

Now in the Times , hopefully might help in getting more donations .

Football fans smash fundraising target to support ex-player diagnosed with MND

Football fans smash fundraising target to support ex-player diagnosed with MND

0 comment

Football fans have smashed a fundraising goal to support a former Rangers star diagnosed with an incurable, life-limiting condition.
David Hagen was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (MND) last year at the age of 45.

It comes just weeks after Gers' hero Fernandon Ricksen lost his brave battle with the illness.
The midfielder, who appeared 16 times for the Ibrox side, was said to have "deteriorated" to the point where he could no longer verbally communicate.
An appeal hoping to support Hagen's family was stepped up on Wednesday after Rangers charity trustee Colin Stewart posted news of Hagen's deteriorating condition on Twitter.
Colin wrote: "Sadly Davie has deteriorated."
"He’s now in hospital & can no longer speak or support his head."
He added: "The Former Players Charity is raising £5,000 to give to Davie’s family to help with costs. We’re roughly £700 short. If you can spare a few ££s then thank you.”

It sparked a phenomenal response from fans, who blew past the initial £5,000 target in a matter of hours, with donations currently sitting at more than double that amount.

Generous supporters put their hands in their pockets to donate more than £11,000 to support the ex-player - who also represented Hearts, Falkirk and Livingston.
Fellow former Rangers star Ricksen passed away in September after a six-year fight with the condition

Spoke with CS about this. I’m hoping to do a wee raffle with a few decent prizes to raise some funds
It’ll be in December so hopefully a few decent Rangers prizes on the go to help make someone’s Christmas.
We were at Billy Lynne’s dinner as previously mentioned by Robert, and Davie never lost his smile the whole evening.

Back