Press Conference David Martindale press conference after 4-0 defeat at Ibrox

How can anyone dislike the man? He's seems fair and honest and just a good bloke. I mean, his teams are well organized - I kind of wish he had better players to work with so we could see what he's able to do.

If you like and respect cocaine dealers
Tbf mate, I once was a kitchen porter in my youth. Now I have a business which I have run for 18yrs. Do you think my clients think “I’m not doing business with that guy, he was a KP” Naw, they don’t. Let it go, the guy done his sentence then volunteered to help at Livi, and has to be admired for the heights he has reached. I’d rather my staff had made mistakes and took them on and improved themselves, than be squeaky clean and think they have no faults.

Tbf mate, I once was a kitchen porter in my youth. Now I have a business which I have run for 18yrs. Do you think my clients think “I’m not doing business with that guy, he was a KP” Naw, they don’t. Let it go, the guy done his sentence then volunteered to help at Livi, and has to be admired for the heights he has reached. I’d rather my staff had made mistakes and took them on and improved themselves, than be squeaky clean and think they have no faults.
cGUHWVe.gif

Its lucky you were only a porter, because you are not comparing apples with apples there pal.
I have nothing to let go, but for posters to be saying a convicted drug dealer is "one of the good guys" is mental.
Speaks well, yes. But still an ex con dealer scumbag.

Its lucky you were only a porter, because you are not comparing apples with apples there pal.
I have nothing to let go, but for posters to be saying a convicted drug dealer is "one of the good guys" is mental.
Is the word “ex’ not the point here. Rehabilitated and served his time.

His past is behind him, take him for who he is now ,. Which for me is a good straight talking football man and who I would like to see in an assistant role at Ibrox if he would accept that position.
Which goes to show just how far our standards have slipped.
Never in a month of Sundays should a man with his history hold a senior position at our club

How can anyone dislike the man? He's seems fair and honest and just a good bloke. I mean, his teams are well organized - I kind of wish he had better players to work with so we could see what he's able to do.
yeah the honest convicted drug dealer

I like listening to DM - calls a spade as spade etc - I am surprised no one has taken a chance on him at a higher level than Livi - he has worked miracles to keep them where they are considering they dont have a pot to piss in.

the likes of Aberdeen / Hearts / Hibs even Dundee United could and should have given him a chance.

Surely people who turn their lives around should be encouraged and applauded. There's no incentive to do that if they are continually going to be beaten with the same stick no matter what. He did wrong. He's acknowledged that and was duly punished for it. Accept him for what he is today.

Mate, have you any idea how pompous and entitled you are coming across here.

Yes the guy was convicted of a crime. He served his time and look where he is now. He’s a success story and should be commended as an example to anyone on or going down the wrong path.

To just push him to one side and banish him forever and label him as a scum bag is not only unfair, it’s pathetic.

Get a fucking grip and get off your high horse.

he’s getting a second chance on here because he’s a fan , nothing else .
Fans of other clubs in Scotland and people in the media also like him. It's not just cause he is a Rangers fan he is given a chance as football fans can see what a great job he has done at Livingston and comes across well in any interviews I have seen him and doesn't waffle shite like most managers do ours included.

I am not aware of that, what has he done exactly to make up for his drug trafficking and money laundering offences?
for starters he goes into the young offenders prison.gives talks to the prisoners,talks about how he turned his life around.he’s never run away from talking about what he did as a young man.he started doing his coaching badges before he was even sentenced as he decided then that he had to turn his life around,he knew he was going to jail.

He's probably correct in a lot of things when questioned past and present and usually gives a fair assessment, but to say our second goal was cheap...? C'mon wee man credit where credits due , if that wee Kamakaze fella scored that , it would be goal of the season.

Expected a tougher game from Livi last night, they are usually well organised. Defensively strong and can play a bit at times too. But just wasn’t there for them last night. I think martindale has done a great job with them. But their start this season hasn’t been great, and just wondering if they and perhaps he is on a downward spiral with Livi.
Feel there is always a shelf life for managers at smaller clubs with next to no budget where if they are decent they can make a fist of it for a few years. But constant churn of cheaper, less skillful players (with the odd gen) tends to eventually see them falter.

Just feel they may be be in a relegation battle this year.

for starters he goes into the young offenders prison.gives talks to the prisoners,talks about how he turned his life around.he’s never run away from talking about what he did as a young man.he started doing his coaching badges before he was even sentenced as he decided then that he had to turn his life around,he knew he was going to jail.
So how does talking to junior scumbags about a crime he committed when a fully grown man of 32 (not a young man) help to make up for importation of drugs and laundering criminal cash?

Next you will be saying it was the first time he did it

So how does talking to junior scumbags about a crime he committed when a fully grown man of 32 (not a young man) help to make up for importation of drugs and laundering criminal cash?

Next you will be saying it was the first time he did it
If he makes one inmate decide that he wants to change his life and that it is possible to turn your life around after listening to him.he has done more for society than someone bumping there gums about his past on a messaboard.we don’t live in a lock them up and throw away the key society.rehabilitation of offenders is at the centre of what the prison service are meant to do.

If he makes one inmate decide that he wants to change his life and that it is possible to turn your life around after listening to him.he has done more for society than someone bumping there gums about his past on a messaboard.we don’t live in a lock them up and throw away the key society.rehabilitation of offenders is at the centre of what the prison service are meant to do.
does it make up for being fairly seriously involved in the misery created by the production, supply and use of cocaine though?
I don't think so.
Yes better than doing nothing, but no where even close to making amends for his crimes.

Last edited:
Mate, have you any idea how pompous and entitled you are coming across here.

Yes the guy was convicted of a crime. He served his time and look where he is now. He’s a success story and should be commended as an example to anyone on or going down the wrong path.

To just push him to one side and banish him forever and label him as a scum bag is not only unfair, it’s pathetic.

Get a fucking grip and get off your high horse.
Absolutely brilliant comment

Would I feel differently if he was a big Celtic man? Probably. But he's a bluenose and has turned his life around.

does it make up for being fairly seriously involved in the misery created by the production, supply and use of cocaine though?
I don't think so.
Yes better than doing nothing, but no where even close to making amends for his crimes.
What would you suggest would be a way of making amends?

Vigilante against Colombian drug cartels
Wee Martindale sitting in his office and the delivery driver with the match pies phones him

‘Where you wanting the pies put Davie? And I’ve got a couple of wooden crates here for you as well, says Kalashnikov or something on the side’

Back