Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Do we reckon Clement will give any of Cifu, Lammers or Hagi another small chance in preseason or will they all just be gone straight away?
He'll give everyone under contract the right to partake in preseason training until they find other clubs, otherwise how are we supposed to sell/loan them if they're unfit?

As for Cifu, I'm sure his current loan extends to December?

Do we reckon Clement will give any of Cifu, Lammers or Hagi another small chance in preseason or will they all just be gone straight away?

He gave Lammers game time when he was here and Cifuentes he will have saw enough of. When does Cifeuntes loan deal run out is it when Brazilian league finishes?

Hopefully Hagi is sold he doesn't need another chance we know what he can/can't do and he's not the player he was 3 years ago. If we're back to relying on Hagi again then it would be a failure on recruitment.

Is Lennon miller ready to start playing in the first team though? Don't think we can afford a few million just now on someone who won't be playing most weeks
He was a standout against both us and them he’s a big unit plenty of pace and power and good on the ball.

Personally I think we should be buying him I am pretty sure he’s only 18 , He won’t be in Scotland long if we don’t and even if we do he will make us a lot of money.

Heard Danny Armstrong is very much a goer.

He's better than we have currently on right midfield, obviously his allegiances far from ideal but I think he'd be a decent signing.
I knew we had looked at him he is 100% a bitter one as I know people who have been in his company on several occasions but funnily he refused to comment when asked if he would ever join us.

He's better than we have currently on right midfield, obviously his allegiances far from ideal but I think he'd be a decent signing.

Would be better back up on the wing than Wright that's for sure, people need to realise we need a squad of players who can contribute not just starters.

We need better than Danny Armstrong - he's another Scott Wright - that said as a back up squad player his numbers in the SPL would be better than Wright.

Hmmm I can’t say he fills with joy at the prospect
One of the few Scottish players out there that we can afford/would contribute. We need to be better at picking these guys up younger and developing them ourselves, but we're going to be signing players who can come and make an impact now for the next few windows.

I knew we had looked at him he is 100% a bitter one as I know people who have been in his company on several occasions but funnily he refused to comment when asked if he would ever join us.

Think we have seen in recently years guys who grew up Rangers fans, like Taylor, signing for them and being successful (albeit don't rate him).

Ideal world I'd rather avoid signing any of them but when some of our own will happily sign for them, maybe we have to swallow our pride.

Is Lennon miller ready to start playing in the first team though? Don't think we can afford a few million just now on someone who won't be playing most weeks
Only seen him against us, but Miller looks like he’d step into our first team without much issues tbh. Plays well beyond his years from what I’ve seen.

Don’t want to turn this into a “who do they support” thread but merely want to reply.

Obviously been plenty of talk he has allegiances to them but one of my mates is on a contract with someone who knew him when he was at Raith and they told my pal he was a Rangers fan. This was two weeks ago.

Now, plenty of people on FF have had the opposite third hand info which makes me think my pals been told a little lie. Anyway, I’d be alright with Armstrong but not jumping for joy - ultimately he’s a good dribbler who doesn’t rely solely on pace.

If the gaffer and Koppen think he’s an option, then fine by me.

We need better than Danny Armstrong - he's another Scott Wright - that said as a back up squad player his numbers in the SPL would be better than Wright.
Different league to Wright.

He scores and makes goals. And can beat a man. Wright does none of those things let's be honest.

He's one of best players in the league, and I say that as someone who dislikes him.

That’s the key point.

We have limited funds, we need players who will improve our first 11, if Miller is ready then absolutely, let’s get him and play him. But we can’t really afford expensive project players.

No I'm the same. He's already 26 going on 27 and I just think he's a flavour of the month type of player who wouldn't stand out for us like he has this season at Kilmarnock.

I'd rather look at Watson and Miller as two young Scottish players we can develop and sell on for a good fee a few years down the line.

Watson will be 2m+ and Lennon 3m+

so sign those 2 for 5m - would they start on a regular basis at this point in time? I would suggest not - when both at Motherwell Bailey Rice was regarded as the better player, and he cant get any minutes for the first team, but now Miller has played a full season of men's full time professional football to help his development.

Think we have seen in recently years guys who grew up Rangers fans, like Taylor, signing for them and being successful (albeit don't rate him).

Ideal world I'd rather avoid signing any of them but when some of our own will happily sign for them, maybe we have to swallow our pride.
Money is what matters to a lot of players he’s hardly made a fortune out of the game.

A decent squad player who wouldn’t cost a fortune I would definitely be up for signing him.

He’s better than Wright.

He’s contributing and turning up regularly for Kilmarnock who are the 4th best team in Scotland.

He was a standout against both us and them he’s a big unit plenty of pace and power and good on the ball.

Personally I think we should be buying him I am pretty sure he’s only 18 , He won’t be in Scotland long if we don’t and even if we do he will make us a lot of money.

The stats on Miller in terms of being good on the ball tell a different story to be fair. He's at an age he has to continue developing and at 17/18 after only 1 full season of football it would be madness to pay £3m for him if that fee is correct. We have a player who was rated better than him in Bailey Rice and he can't get a sniff for us.

That’s the key point.

We have limited funds, we need players who will improve our first 11, if Miller is ready then absolutely, let’s get him and play him. But we can’t really afford expensive project players.
He might not start every week at the beginning but he would given time,

We can’t afford finished articles for every position,

We were also linked with another Rapid Vienna player too, Matthias Seidl.

He seems only to have joined Rapid in the summer, is on a long term deal and plays every week. I'd be surprised.

Numbers certainly look good and fits the age and fitness profile. 42 appearances this season, 10 goals 7 assists, 3 caps for Austria, 23 year old attacking mid.

I was about to moan about the Armstrong rumour BUT we really need to realise this summer is a squad build not just first team starters

I think we will see around 5 or 6 first team players come in with much the same number in to battle for places that Wright, Matondo etc have

There’s going to be a lot of movement, not all of them will have the fans of their seat, we just cant afford to do that

Now ... in theory i agree but... and its a big but.

1) would we pay 3m+ for a 17 year old?
2) would he get game time (see rice for details)
3) if you were Lennon Miller ... would you sign for Rangers now? hes playing pretty much week in week out and if he avoid injury will get better and better - would you sacrifice that and sign for Rangers on more money granted, but likely to hardly feature?

we are also not in a position to spend north of 3m on someone for them not to make an impact / be loaned back / out to another club.

The guys we sign this summer need to come in and make a positive impact, we as a club very very rarely sign players who come in settle and make an impact straight away, other teams seems to manage it no problem but ours seem to take ages to settle / break into the team / get fit / get injured etc.
True but I have a feeling we will need to be looking at the homegrown status of the squad as well.

Best thread of the year has begun! Rollercoaster of emotions incoming! Can't wait for some deals to be announced. Do we think any pre-contracts will be announced after the weekend?

The stats on Miller in terms of being good on the ball tell a different story to be fair. He's at an age he has to continue developing and at 17/18 after only 1 full season of football it would be madness to pay £3m for him if that fee is correct. We have a player who was rated better than him in Bailey Rice and he can't get a sniff for us.
I’ve watched him against us and them in both occasions he stood out so for me that’s better than any stats as if he can raise his game against better players he can be highly successful with us.

He’s far more of an attacking player than Rice and will have developed more playing in the first team.

Would be one of my first signings but I don’t know if we are even in for him.

Armstrong would be no different to Jordan jones. I can see the appeal of taking a chance on a cheap/free youngster such as Barron, miller or a Watson but the likes of Armstrong aren’t actually better than what he have, have no resale value and get us no closer to where we need to be.

Watson will be 2m+ and Lennon 3m+

so sign those 2 for 5m - would they start on a regular basis at this point in time? I would suggest not - when both at Motherwell Bailey Rice was regarded as the better player, and he cant get any minutes for the first team, but now Miller has played a full season of men's full time professional football to help his development.
I think Miller would potentially be a starter at this point given who we have in midfield right now.

We're reluctant to give young talent a chance though. There's Fraser the other night having been here since he was a kid and he's already 21 before he gets a shot with the first team. He'd be a decent back up to Yilmaz next season without us playing money for Borna's replacement.

True but I have a feeling we will need to be looking at the homegrown status of the squad as well.
Which is why we should (hopefully have) signed Connor Barron on a free - is he the next coming of Zidane, absolutely not - but he would be "free" and on a modest wage compared to who he is replacing (Ryan Jack) - he's 21 played over 100 games inc Scotland under 21s with scope for development - it literally is the epitome of a no brainer.

what we shouldn't be doing is spending 1/2m quid on Scottish journeymen IMHO

This is the thing when people mention Armstrong and the stats he produces he does that playing week in week out for Killie. If he comes to us then he's getting the minutes like Wright does or even say a McCausland before injuries 10 minutes there 15 minutes here.

If he's coming in as a starting winger for us we're not improving the side. McCausland for me is the back up in that position go spend some money on a quality player for the first 11.

I’ve watched him against us and them in both occasions he stood out so for me that’s better than any stats as if he can raise his game against better players he can be highly successful with us.

He’s far more of an attacking player than Rice and will have developed more playing in the first team.

The smart move may be to buy Miller and loan them Rice. Motherwell isn't a bad place to develop our better kids. They have a good pitch and I'd sooner loan to our own division.

Whether they would accept Rice or have the hump with him is another matter

This is the thing when people mention Armstrong and the stats he produces he does that playing week in week out for Killie. If he comes to us then he's getting the minutes like Wright does or even say a McCausland before injuries 10 minutes there 15 minutes here.

If he's coming in as a starting winger for us we're not improving the side. McCausland for me is the back up in that position go spend some money on a quality player for the first 11.
if we start next season and Danny Armstrong is our first choice winger - it will be the same outcome as this season - he is not good enough to play week in week out and be the number 1 wide player at Ibrox.

The smart move may be to buy Miller and loan them Rice. Motherwell isn't a bad place to develop our better kids. They have a good pitch and I'd sooner loan to our own division.

Whether they would accept Rice or have the hump with him is another matter
I have a feeling Rice will be involved going forward next season but if he’s not that would be ideal , Leon King needs to go on loan as well.

Cole McKinnon will be involved next season and looks promising, Was surprised to see him play RB the other day.

Reactions: cav

Football recruitment is driven by stats now. If he's an attacking player he's had 19 shots at goal in the league 0 goals 2 assists that's not stats of an attacking player.

He's developing where he is you said in a previous post about him getting time if we need to pay £3m to get him he's not getting time.

There is a massive difference in playing midfield for Kilmarnock and Motherwell to playing for rangers when you are gonna have 70% off the ball.

Wouldn’t touch Armstrong, decent enough player but just not good enough to come here and win trophies.

If his allegiances are true also then it’s a hard no.

Sorry, but we don’t need to be signing guys who might prefer the filth just because they are a good player.

Let’s not go down that road.

As much as the ideal scenario would be to sign Miller and loan him back to Motherwell for a season or 2, we're not in a position to spend £3m on a player we won't see in the first team for a couple of seasons.

The recruitment team have a huge task on their hands this summer given a. what we have available to spend and b. what the mentally challengeds are likely to spend.

Every penny is going to have to be spent on players who improve us now, fingers crossed Koppen is a miracle worker!

if we start next season and Danny Armstrong is our first choice winger - it will be the same outcome as this season - he is not good enough to play week in week out and be the number 1 wide player at Ibrox.
We need squad players, Is he better than Scott Wright , Sterling playing right wing and Mcausland I would say yes.

Taylor Booth 100% has to be on our radar. Given Lundstram is leaving, he’d be a great replacement and we could easily double our profit on him if he turns out good with us

Football recruitment is driven by stats now. If he's an attacking player he's had 19 shots at goal in the league 0 goals 2 assists that's not stats of an attacking player.

He's developing where he is you said in a previous post about him getting time if we need to pay £3m to get him he's not getting time.
Where’s this 3 million coming from anyone know how long is left on his contract?

I think the boy would shine in our team but I am not a coach or a manager I can only judge a player on what I see and what I’ve seen against both them and us was very promising.

Back