David martindale

Was is a joke when Walter smith set us up the exact same way and got us to a uefa cup final ?
While it was great for everyone involved from top to bottom with Rangers the style of play and the way we set up was heavily criticised and scorned all over Europe, I think it was Messi who branded it “Anti-Football”.
I am staggered at the Martindale/Livingston love in on here! If we had drew or lost there yesterday this forum would be going nuts!
I stand by my opinion and hope they get pumped every week…..they’re everything wrong with Scottish football!

When a manager gives a post match interview sometimes he uses these to get a message across to his own players, or even fans possibly. If he says he expected a draw we shouldn't really expect that as always a fair reflection of the game itself.

He and Bartley come across as genuine football people who know what they are doing.

It does surprise no one has taken a punt on those 2 as manager and assistant.

He has a shoe string budget and consistently has Livi punching above there weight - you can see from some of the things he says he goes into meticulous detail with the squad and they would carry out any tasks he asks.

He is a good coach, Livi have the smallest budget in the league.

Ok he was wrong about them deserving a draw but he is their manager and you always see things through tinted specs.

There are far worse than Martindale around for us to worry about.

Exactly and they are one side you can guarantee will give Celtic a game, they don't go out expecting to get beat like some in the league.

At 1-0 @ 70 mins in nobody would have been very surprised if it had turned out a draw- that is what Martindale was saying and some of the posters of a more negative disposition on here would probably have agreed.
He also said before the game when asked if the game was a “ free hit” in terms of expectations said he thought his team could take something from the game. They nearly did. Not saying Livi deserved a draw - stats alone indicate they didn’t- but he never said that

Back