David Roome

Calico Jack

Is there going to be a request by fan groups for clarification on his decision to cheat us?

I think his name should be lit up after his choice to ignore a blatant offside offence, that altered the whole match in their favour.

You just know that it would turn out he is one of them.

Is there going to be a request by fan groups for clarification on his decision to cheat us?

I think his name should be lit up after his choice to ignore a blatant offside offence, that altered the whole match in their favour.

You just know that it would turn out he is one of them.

Whatever else comes out, it certainly won’t come out that he’s ‘one of them.’

Apparently he is not from the dark side but who cares. The actual fact is he is incompetent. From my sofa I shouted offside immediately, he has one job to do and he can’t do it. Shouldn’t be on the line at a final.

Also embarrassing that bt sports can point out its offside after a mere 15 seconds but live on tv to millions our national final is decided by a demonstrably wrong goal.

Every single one of us saw it was offside, there is absolutely no excuse what so ever that he didn't raise his flag.

He chose not to even though 99% of fans on our side shouted offside.

He chose to cheat instead of doing what he is paid to.

If you ask me that is mentally challenged behavior, not just incompetence.

Apparently he's one of us!

Intimidated into giving that lot the benefit of any doubt, he probably saw the headlines and Twitter backlash if he put his flag up and got it wrong.

Cheating little Rhat only had to do his job, he chose to cheat instead. There is no way he can claim to be one of us.

Cheating little Rhat only had to do his job, he chose to cheat instead. There is no way he can claim to be one of us.

I don't think he cheated. I think he thought it was tight and wasn't 100% sure, and years of intimidation and persecution of officials by them made him give them the benefit of any doubt.
He got it totally wrong though, and he is as much to blame for us losing as our players for missing so many chances.

No Pope of Roome!

But yeah, you just witnessed the result of concerted intimidation.

It’s exactly this. It’s the line of least resistance.

It’s been said to death but that game is flipped and we win that way it would be headline news “Rangers win a controversial old firm final”..........the editorial line is consistent and non abating.

He got it wrong but we should still have scored at least 3 more. Missing a penalty is criminal

As the astute @Edweird has highlighted three of them were offside for seven seconds before the kick was taken. I'm no linesman but surely what any human being does in that situation is a) register them offside b) monitor the situation until the ball is kicked c) if it hasn't changed, ie. we haven't dropped in somewhere or they haven't come back note they are still offside at the decision point and d) put your bloody flag up.
It wan't a case of having to spot a difficult interchange in a crowd of defence and attack, the situation was static, all he had to do was judge whether it altered in a significant way.
I cannot understand his thoughts.

I don't think he cheated. I think he thought it was tight and wasn't 100% sure, and years of intimidation and persecution of officials by them made him give them the benefit of any doubt.
He got it totally wrong though, and he is as much to blame for us losing as our players for missing so many chances.
It's not even that tight though imo.I know him and it's not through being a cheat that he got that wrong. So can only be incompetence.Should never be involved in big games again imo.

It doesn't matter who he supports or what school he went to, he has made a massive massive mistake yesterday and it's part of the reason we lost. Both linesmen made mistakes yesterday that contributed to the result but we were ultimately the masters of our own downfall and it hurts

I can't think of anyone in the media who will be shouting from the rooftops about those decisions. Imagine the roles had been reversed yesterday?

Spot on.

I think this is the problem with selecting our referees from such a small pool of available officials in such a small country where there are two tribes that at sporting, cultural and political levels are poles apart.
In England, the neutrality of officials is rarely if ever questioned, because care is taken to make sure that it never becomes an issue.
This is impossible in Scotland.

A further aggravating feature is that one of the tribes has a history of civil menace inherited from their historical antecedents and generationally nourished by their continued association with terrorist groups which is in turn encouraged at a spiritual level by their church and celebrated as a feature of their identity through their football club.
Sadly the acceptance of this at a national level has become manifest by their infestation of the fourth estate especially in matters of football, where menace towards referees is virtually encouraged and indulged.

The losers in this entire situation is the tribe that has a cultural history of tolerance and respect for the law.
The fallout is heaped upon this tribe's football team, who are burdened with a tribal situation that they find difficult to nourish from any cultural source and in any case such intolerant behaviour is totally at odds to their cultural, political and religious development.

One might reasonably think.

As the astute @Edweird has highlighted three of them were offside for seven seconds before the kick was taken. I'm no linesman but surely what any human being does in that situation is a) register them offside b) monitor the situation until the ball is kicked c) if it hasn't changed, ie. we haven't dropped in somewhere or they haven't come back note they are still offside at the decision point and d) put your bloody flag up.
It wan't a case of having to spot a difficult interchange in a crowd of defence and attack, the situation was static, all he had to do was judge whether it altered in a significant way.

See dh1963, I think he gets the lineman's thought process spot on.

Exactly this. If he’d flagged and Julian had been onside he’d have been vilified by the Celtic minded in the country and we would have had folk screaming about the school he went to.

People talking about the weak mentality of our players, there’s also a weak mentality of the officials in this country when it comes to giving anything close against the bheasts. We can sort out the mentality of the players, how do we go about changing the mentality of the officials without resorting to the shite that lot did?

Exactly mate. It was an easy decision to get right. And he didn’t.

He got it wrong but we should still have scored at least 3 more. Missing a penalty is criminal

If he gets it right, the game restarts with our free kick, the whole game is different from that point on, we don’t get that penalty, we may have scored, they may have crossed the half way line, who knows what would have happened, but it would still have been 0-0.

This is not simply a case of incompetence. That would be getting something wrong that you probably should have got right but something you should 100% het right and was an easy decision to make even in real time.

It is either cheating or cowardice plain and simple!

Lennon played a blinder with his comments at the weekend.
this all day long, as soon as he mentioned this ,the seeds of doubt were being planted in the officials minds,it was said a hundred times or more on here over the weekend how lennon"s comments would pan out,and didnt it f@cking just pan out as we thought

If it was tight I could agree with that. It wasn't close to to tight though it was blatant so that theory doesn't really hold up.

Same guy that made a good call to see Mcgregors offside v us at Ibrox last year when we beat them supposedly. These guys sometimes make mistakes too. I dont think this guy ahs a track record of wronging us.

Collum and Beaton on the other hand..

Same guy that made a good call to see Mcgregors offside v us at Ibrox last year when we beat them supposedly. These guys sometimes make mistakes too. I dont think this guy ahs a track record of wronging us.

Collum and Beaton on the other hand..

The mistake yesterday was the worst I’ve seen, I get that some decisions are split second, but the three of them were offside for 7 seconds!

The mistake yesterday was the worst I’ve seen, I get that some decisions are split second, but the three of them were offside for 7 seconds!

Each of the match officials made at least one match changing errorr yesterday.

That has to be a first.

Last edited:
It's not even that tight though imo.I know him and it's not through being a cheat that he got that wrong. So can only be incompetence.Should never be involved in big games again imo.
Craig I am never one for calling officials cheats, it’s a difficult job.
I also understand you know the fella and would never consider him a cheat, however in this case I think it is so obvious a decision that the guy can’t be defended by saying he is incompetent.
That was a situation he seen clearly and he made his decision to look the other way. I can only assume he thought that was the easiest course to take at that moment but if that is the case then he has cheated.
I believe the decision was so blatant the fella cannot now be trusted and his career should be ended. He has proved he doesn’t have either the morals or strength for his position.

He was always going to shite out after the disgraceful headlines regarding refs in the mornings papers.
Those were designed by Celtic and the press for exactly that reason.

He’s one or more of the following:

1) Incompetent, shouldn’t be a linesman in any top flight games again.

2) A cheat, who shouldn’t be a linesman in any top flight games again.

3) Mentally weak, who is scared of repercussions from the scum, who shouldn’t be a linesman in any top flight games again.

He should be absolutely 100% hounded out of the game for good, to get a decision as blatantly obvious as that wrong in such a high stakes game is totally unforgivable.

3) Mentally weak, who is scared of repercussions from the scum, who shouldn’t be a linesman in any top flight games again.

He should be absolutely 100% hounded out of the game for good, to get a decision as blatantly obvious as that wrong in such a high stakes game is totally unforgivable.

Point 3 is just cheating too.

As far as I'm concerned point 1 doesn't come into it, there's no way the scene confronting him was anything else other than 3 players blatantly offside, he had no decision to make it was obvious.
Points 2 & 3 are essentially the same. If you knowingly make a wrong call because you're biased then you're a cheat. If you knowingly make a wrong call because of fear of repercussions from fans of any team you're a cheat. Whatever way I look at it I can only see one explanation and that is he is a cheat and I think he should first of all be asked to explain to the club why he didn't flag for the offside then the football authorities should tell him he is finished with officiating in any capacity on football at any level.

To save fans money and hassle they should just present Scumtic with all the trophies at the start of the season as the officials sure as hell are making sure they win them.

Also seen the picture of that other clown standing on the bye line looking at their goalkeeper presumably to check if he moves off his line before the ball is kicked, which he did and then some but again just like his mate on the other side he refused to do his job.
Now dress it up anyway you want and some on here certainly have but they have cheated us out of 2 very obvious decisions by not raising their flags.

Back